Cover Girl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Glyceryl Stearate , Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Propylene Glycol , Stearic Acid , Copernicia Cerifera Wax Carnauba , Triethanolamine , Acrylates Copolymer , Synthetic Wax , Polyvinyl Alcohol , Lecithin , Propylene Carbonate , Oleic Acid , Alcohol Denat , Xanthan Gum , Benzyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Trisodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Glycerin , Panthenol , Ethylparaben , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Simethicone , Propylparaben , Iron Oxides , Ultramarines May Contain , Titanium Dioxide May Contain

on 1/9/2014 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This was rated as one of the top 10 mascara in an article I read so I decided to give it a try, otherwise I would have passed it up. I am a big fan of mascara so I'm always in the search for the best one out there. I ususally do not like to purchase high end ones since I don't see the difference, what's the point of spending more money? I feel when it comes to mascara there are as many good drug store ones as there are high end ones and this Cover Girl one is a good example. Recently, I got the Benefit Bad Gal Lash and Dior Hypnose and I personally like the Cover Girl Proffesional Super Thick much better. It's reasonably priced, simple packaging and effective.You get length and volume. It's buildable, I think you can go natural or dramatic. I have already purcased it twice and plan to continue. Worth giving a try.

on 12/20/2013 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm going to jump on board w/ most of the other reviewers & say that this is one of the best mascaras (for what I require) ever. It plumps up my puny, thin eye lashes in just 1 or 2 coats. It does not flake. The price is sooo low as well. Only $6 bucks or so...I love "The Colossal" by Maybelline as well, but I ll use this CG one when I want a thick look but not as dramatic as the Colossal. I only remove one lippie because it seems to dry out fairly quickly...However at only a few bucks a pop, that's alright. Great mascara. Simple packaging, easy to find as it's beat red & easy to use (love the brush) & to remove. Love it!!
UPDATE: Re-purchased Mar 20/14 & I still LOVE it - bought it over Colossal b/c it was only $4.24 @ Walmart - my lashes are curled, thick & look just as good as they do in my High End mascaras. No curler neccessary either - & even after 3 coats they do not feel brittle / stiff, just look thick, curled & JET BLACK. 3coats, dry formula yet NO flaking!! :)

on 12/18/2013 1:23:00 AM

I am on the fence when it comes to this mascara because the only bad gripe I have with this product is how I get a ring of black beneath my eyes despite not applying it to my lower lashes. I was looking for an everyday mascara that could keep a curl and darken my lashes without the clumpy look. I know my lashes are absolutely pathetic but I wanted to at least make them look decent. This separates and gives my lashes a tad bit of length. I am not expecting much but this makes my lashes look ok. Doesn't add a whole lot of volume and it does tend to flatten my curl by 50% but by far the best I have tried in the drugstore so far. The formula is more towards the dry side and the wand isn't ridiculously huge so it's fairly easy to work with. *Sigh* Back to the drawing board.. I need a cheap everyday mascara for work but I can't seem to find it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

First off - don't buy this mascara expecting it to gloriously thicken your lashes or anything. This is an excellent product but its real advantage is in separating your lashes and defining them, much like a regular mascara that doesn't claim to "thicken". It's truly incredible if you already have average or even slightly less than lashes already and you're looking for a good everyday mascara. I will absolutely be buying this again and I never leave home without it on. In fact, I'm a huge liquid liner junkie, but THIS is the product I'll go to if I don't have time for a lot of makeup. If I wear all my other makeup and not this I just feel bare and my look seems totally unfinished.

That being said, I wouldn't recommend this for someone who has really short or extremely sparse lashes. You should definitely not rely on this as a game changer or anything. It's not for everyone, but I feel like for most people it'll impress.

on 11/19/2013 8:22:00 PM

Perfect for everyday mascara. I live in a country where I can easily get sweaty every time including on my face and eyes but this mascara doesn't clump, smudge, flake and my lashes keep on shape as I put in the morning. The result is natural and doesn't feel dramatic or stiff. Easy to apply. Kind of wet for a while after applying but doesn't matter. Very easy to remove with water, as that's what I'm looking for in an everyday mascara, but it's still in its place when raining or crying. Would definitely repurchase!

on 11/18/2013 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have Asian lashes that point straight outwards. They are a bit longer than typical Asian lashes but not as long or voluminous as I would like. I also have oily skin so I'm always looking for the perfect mascara: smudge-proof, holds a curl, lengthening and voluminizing.

I read such amazing reviews about this mascara, so I decided to try it out. Afterall, it's only $5 so what did I have to lose?

I was so disappointed when I applied it, my curled lashes drooped immediately. Huge deal breaker for me... I'm so sad because the formula is really thick and added a lot of volume to my lashes. It's also very smudge-proof. I was going to give it 1 star, but I discovered that I could use it on my bottom lashes without any smudges! That's a big deal since other mascaras would smudge immediately.

on 11/14/2013 11:03:00 PM

I wanted to like this, based on other reviews, but...huge bummer. Not thickening in the least. And trust me, I've tried a small army of thickening mascaras. I have long lashes (I know, boohoo, poor me), but they are wicked sparse, so I need a truly good thickening product. This is not. The formula is also very wet, even after wiping off the excess on a tissue, and just made my lashes look even sparser, as the wet formula made the few lashes I do have cling together and look thin and spidery. For the price, there are several other "drugstore" brands I would far rather have, two of which are in steady rotation in my makeup bag.

on 11/3/2013 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After reading the reviews on this mascara, I thought it would be worth it to try it out. The price is good, as it is a drugstore product, so I don't really regret buying it. The problem is that this mascara really works best for those who want volume. I many thick eyelashes, so what I really want in a mascara is length. This mascara is fairly good for length, but it's definitely more of a product for people with sparse lashes that want volume.

The formula is a bit wet, but not too wet. No complaints on the packaging, I've had it a few weeks and haven't found it drying up at all.

For me, it just didn't give the effect I wanted. It's by no means a bad mascara, it's just not what I was looking for.

on 10/19/2013 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

While very similar to the newer Lash Blast Mascara in the kinds of ingredients it has in it, a different combination of those ingredients is what must make all the difference. I am guessing that this was the prototype for the newer ones, which I have found to flake and smudge, whereas this one does neither. Hopefully, Cover Girl will stick to the formula in the Professional Super Thick, as it is superior to its newer ones.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I always go back to this mascara. It is less expensive than department store brands, and yet it works so much better. I really like this mascara over any I have ever tried. I had always used Maybelline Great lengths mascara, as many do- but I decided to try something different. It was a good move, because this one is just a little better than Great Lengths. I recommend it highly.