Cover Girl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Glyceryl Stearate , Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Propylene Glycol , Stearic Acid , Copernicia Cerifera Wax Carnauba , Triethanolamine , Acrylates Copolymer , Synthetic Wax , Polyvinyl Alcohol , Lecithin , Propylene Carbonate , Oleic Acid , Alcohol Denat , Xanthan Gum , Benzyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Trisodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Glycerin , Panthenol , Ethylparaben , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Simethicone , Propylparaben , Iron Oxides , Ultramarines May Contain , Titanium Dioxide May Contain

on 11/14/2013 11:03:00 PM

I wanted to like this, based on other reviews, but...huge bummer. Not thickening in the least. And trust me, I've tried a small army of thickening mascaras. I have long lashes (I know, boohoo, poor me), but they are wicked sparse, so I need a truly good thickening product. This is not. The formula is also very wet, even after wiping off the excess on a tissue, and just made my lashes look even sparser, as the wet formula made the few lashes I do have cling together and look thin and spidery. For the price, there are several other "drugstore" brands I would far rather have, two of which are in steady rotation in my makeup bag.

on 11/3/2013 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After reading the reviews on this mascara, I thought it would be worth it to try it out. The price is good, as it is a drugstore product, so I don't really regret buying it. The problem is that this mascara really works best for those who want volume. I many thick eyelashes, so what I really want in a mascara is length. This mascara is fairly good for length, but it's definitely more of a product for people with sparse lashes that want volume.

The formula is a bit wet, but not too wet. No complaints on the packaging, I've had it a few weeks and haven't found it drying up at all.

For me, it just didn't give the effect I wanted. It's by no means a bad mascara, it's just not what I was looking for.

on 10/19/2013 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

While very similar to the newer Lash Blast Mascara in the kinds of ingredients it has in it, a different combination of those ingredients is what must make all the difference. I am guessing that this was the prototype for the newer ones, which I have found to flake and smudge, whereas this one does neither. Hopefully, Cover Girl will stick to the formula in the Professional Super Thick, as it is superior to its newer ones.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I always go back to this mascara. It is less expensive than department store brands, and yet it works so much better. I really like this mascara over any I have ever tried. I had always used Maybelline Great lengths mascara, as many do- but I decided to try something different. It was a good move, because this one is just a little better than Great Lengths. I recommend it highly.

on 9/24/2013 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Arguably the best drug store mascara ever made! I get lured away by new, more expensive products, but always come back wondering why I gave up this inexpensive, wonderful gem. I usually use tubing mascaras due to the waterproof nature and ease of removal, but my favourites were discontinued (Hourglass) and starting to flake (Clinique). I went through many at Sephora with high claims, only to have smudging, clumping or lash loss with every one. In desperation, I reached for this one again. What a relief- this amazing mascara never clumps, volumizes like crazy, never smudges, never flakes and is water resistant. I have much less lash loss with this than others. It is pigmented and makes my sparse, short lashes look thick, soft and feathery. If I fall asleep with it on, it looks the same when I wake up! It isn't waterproof, though, and may smear if you cry. This blows Dior, Guerlain, Estee Lauder, YSL out of the water- all for under $10 CDN. Please never discontinue! UPDATE: NOOOOO! They must have changed the formula!! WHY??? I went to purchase another tube and the packaging had changed. The formula felt more wet, didn't add as much volume and smudged! I much have bought dozens over the years and never had one issue with this beautiful stuff. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? Not impressed at all.

on 9/21/2013 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a great everyday mascara. It doesn't make super dramatic lashes, but it does a good job of adding medium fullness and definition. It doesn't clump, flake, or smudge. It stays in place until you take it off. It's really a bargain at less than $5 US. You really can't go wrong with this mascara.

on 9/21/2013 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Surprisingly good everyday mascara! Natural look

on 9/8/2013 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara has been around for quite some time but oddly enough I only recently tried it. It gave me nice lush, thick, and plush lashes. Good overall mascara, not any major length, but then again it's not a lengthening mascara. The brush causes some clumping so it's not as buildable of coverage as I'd like, but it's definitely a good mascara and would buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this for about 8 years now. I always try different brands and lately I found myself buying a new mascara every week because I'm so unsatisfied with the new brushes, formulas, etc with a variety of drugstore and high-end brands. I always come back to Covergirl Professional. I love the control with the smaller brush and the look of naturally crazy-long fluttery, separated lashes. And for the price you just can't go wrong. I'm sticking with my trusty old-school Covergirl!

on 8/23/2013 8:39:00 PM

This is my new HG mascara, combining the best of both CG Lash Blast and CG Lash Perfection, in one product. The only thing that could make it better would be if it came in navy. I have it in black/brown, which I like because it is a little softer than black. I apply 1-2 coats depending on how much oomph I want, and the result is all-day, thick, separated lashes, no flaking and no problem with my very allergy-sensitive eyes. To compare with the mascaras I am replacing, STL provides the fullness of Lash Blast with slightly better separation and easier application, because it has an easy-to-work-with spoolie brush rather than a fat plastic one like Lash Blast's. And my lashes are fuller and less clumpy than when using Lash Perfection. This mascara was not easy to find--I went to several drug stores before finding it in Target.