October 30, 2014 | 1706 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by AinsleyHellrud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this for about 8 years now. I always try different brands and lately I found myself buying a new mascara every week because I'm so unsatisfied with the new brushes, formulas, etc with a variety of drugstore and high-end brands. I always come back to Covergirl Professional. I love the control with the smaller brush and the look of naturally crazy-long fluttery, separated lashes. And for the price you just can't go wrong. I'm sticking with my trusty old-school Covergirl!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by noseofblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my new HG mascara, combining the best of both CG Lash Blast and CG Lash Perfection, in one product. The only thing that could make it better would be if it came in navy. I have it in black/brown, which I like because it is a little softer than black. I apply 1-2 coats depending on how much oomph I want, and the result is all-day, thick, separated lashes, no flaking and no problem with my very allergy-sensitive eyes. To compare with the mascaras I am replacing, STL provides the fullness of Lash Blast with slightly better separation and easier application, because it has an easy-to-work-with spoolie brush rather than a fat plastic one like Lash Blast's. And my lashes are fuller and less clumpy than when using Lash Perfection. This mascara was not easy to find--I went to several drug stores before finding it in Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by kittykat1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently picked this up at the recommendation of a Youtube video.. I had run out of my current favorite Jordana best lash extreme, which I still like but it does get a bit clumpy on the brush. Well, I like this one better! This mascara DOES NOT get enough love, it is right up my alley and I won't be trying anything else any time soon. The brush is a traditional spoolie type, but not too big or too small. This is easy to get on your lashes without trying hard and grab onto the lashes very well. Quick and easy and buildable. Didn't transfer like a lot of others do on me especially since I blink a lot...Washed off easily with soap and water...I am not looking for a "falsh lash effect", so I don't try and build multiple coats, I just want a mascara that adds both volume and lengh... This one fits the bill just fine for me. Recommend you try this little jewel, it's in the pinkish/red tube.. I paid under 5 dollar for it a Target..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Danie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mascara. I literally have like five tubes (heaven forbid I run out!) it's such a great deal. I have long lashes and it fans them out and gives great volume. I can do multiple coats without getting clumps. It's better than any other mascara I've tried, some $20 ones included. A must try.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by x0nida0x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this is my HG mascara. it makes my lashes look beautiful. it fans them out, makes them look bold, curls them! i curl my lashes and put on 2 coats without really drying in between. i've tried using this mascara even without curling my lashes and the mascara itself curls the lashes amazingly! i'm a bit scared to try the waterproof version as it's not as popular but i don't really need it as i don't experience running or smudging unless i really rub the heck out of my eyes, which is usually at the end of the day when i'm super tired. i love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I saw the positive reviews for this and for $4.94 I figured it was worth a shot. It's pretty great! It doesn't make for quite as big or black lashes as Volume Blast, but I prefer this brush to that one by far. This one is a regular sized bristle brush that works quite well and allows you to build up many coats without any clumping, sticking or crumbles. The formula is on the drier side and the very black is not as dark as some other formulas but it still makes lashes look thick and long and also is good at holding curl. It lasts well throughout the day with no smudging or flaking. This is a little more effective for big lashes than Full N Soft but it's along the same lines with the softness and natural look. This is definitely going to become a permanent fixture in my mascara rotation. I really like it, it's a no-fuss mascara that results in a very good lash look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by NotRichEnough

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on my 2nd tube of this mascara (I replace every 3 months) and still love it. I don't like to have to fiddle with mascara; I don't want to have to comb it out with another brush, I don't want to have to wipe the wand to get a non-clumpy application, and this one fits the bill. I pull the wand out of the tube, apply to my lashes and am good to go. No clumps, no spider lashes. It lasts through day and is fairly easy to remove. Since it's been around so long, hopefully they won't discontinue it or change the formula (which is what has happened to every other mascara I've loved)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so loving this mascara! Wow! I usually overlook CG mascaras out of all the ones in the drug store but heard this was a dupe for Tart's Lights, Camera, Lashes (which I used to use constantly) and thought, what the heck, let me give it a try.

This worked fantastically for me on the first use. Gives me the best looking lashes with only a few coats, and no smudging even on the lower lashes. It really gives me "super thick" lashes. I think it is better than Tarte's (which did cause me some smudging and was very expensive and would dry out so quickly).

This is a traditional fiber brush but is on the smallish-medium size, so you have control and don't feel like it is too big (for me I feel that way with CG LashBlast). I got the color Very Black and yes, it is very black! A dry-ish formula, which I like. Easy to work with and it just plain looks great with little effort!

I was so surprised by this mascara and really disappointed I didn't try it much earlier. I think because they typically have it near the floor, it is easy to overlook.

I will absolutely be buying this again and I think I may have just found my HG mascara!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by cilla2229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love!! Plays up my long lashes by thickening, lengthening & darkening. SUPER inexpensive too!! Doesn't flake or smudge and removes easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

For a basic, everyday mascara, Professional Super Thick Lash has only two mascaras to beat -- Maybelline's Full & Soft and L'Oreal's Voluminous. What it has over both, however, is that it is great from the first use. Both Full & Soft and Voluminous need about a week's use before the mascara really ages, for lack of a better word, into greatness. Until then, both mascaras are sort of thin.

Not so Professional Super Thick Lash. This stuff is great right from the get-go. Two coats give you beautifully defined, thick lashes, no clumps to be had. Another coat almost looks like falsies on me.

As for wearability, this stuff is great. No flaking, no smearing and no irritation.

So why only four lippies? The black is not as black as the formulas by Maybelline and L'Oreal. Also, both Full & Soft and Voluminous give my lashes an almost glossy look, whereas this one is more matte, more made-up.

That being said, I'd definitely buy this again if I found it on sale again. I've always found the Professional line of mascaras from Cover Girl to be great mascaras, and this one is no different.