July 29, 2014 | 2058 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash The Max - Extreme Black 003

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by beababiie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Purchased the waterproof formula and it still returned my eyelashes to their stick straight asian roots haha. Also had a really wet consistency and was a real disappointment for such cute packaging :[

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by adriennewines

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Eh - this isn't a bad mascara and it definitely provides pretty good lenghth, it just didn't "wow" me. And as for the color "extreme black"...it just looks black to me. I am a "blonde" (I highlight my hair) so my lashes aren't really dark or really light either. But sometimes I want really dark lashes for drama and to draw more attention to my eyes, and this mascara doesn't do that.
In summary :)
Creates good length, not a ton of volume and the extreme black is not a great way to describe the color b/c there's nothing extreme about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

For reference, I only use mascara on my lower lashes- I prefer to wear false lashes because my upper lashes hold no curl or volume. Anywho, when it comes to my lower lashes I find most mascara wands very tricky to use or the formula just doesn't work. Recently, I was loving Maybelline 'The Falsies' but after a few hours, it would smudge and clump which was irritating. I decided to try the Waterproof version of this to avoid smuding, not to mention it was super inexpensive :) ...Ladies, if you want your lower lashes to look full, dark and without any clumping this mascara will do the trick! The wand is easy to work with, and its easy to layer if you want a thicker look ( I also use this on my upper lashes to bond my falsies). Its beens quite awhile since I tried Rimmel mascara's, and I think I will stick to them :) the only downside is that after application, you must wait for this to dry for a few moments or it will transer under your eyes. All in all, this is fab and I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by owlets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really long, thick lashes, so really any type of mascara works amazingly well for me. This mascara holds my curl and gives me wonderfully fat lashes, doesn't clump and just looks amazing. I will definitely keep buying this - I guess it works for some and doesn't work for others!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by shamcd

I HATE this mascara! The brush is sparse, the product is super wet and it is the most anti-curl formula I've ever used. I was fooled by the name and the cute pink packaging, silly me. I should've know better; Rimmel is very hit and miss with their mascaras. The only ones I've found that I like are the Lycra Extender and the original Volume Flash waterproof. Fifty thousand thumbs down for you Max Volume Lash...I hate you!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jeskalynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very LONG lashes, so what I need is volume. This mascara does give enough volume after 3 coats. It doesn't clump which is great because I need a few coats to get my perfect end result. After a few hours, my lashes feel like they have nothing on and the mascara flakes a little. I really like this mascara though, and it is DEFINITELY worth the try if you have long lashes and just need some volume. =>

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by mniedermeyer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this for around $3 with a coupon and do not think it was even worth that much. The pink packaging caught my eye and from the look on the package, the wand looks big and full, which is not the case. It has separate tracks down the sides of the brush which do nothing for my lashes but pull them out. No thickness or length and it takes a lot of work to get it to stick to my lashes. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by ashsumrall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this just for fun...not impressive. Clumpy and doesn't extend much

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by tanyagovea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara is q of the worst ones I have ever bought!, the wand is flimsy and the brush sucks!, wanna be lash blast, I dont like lash blast but Its better than this crap!..sucks I cant return cuz i boguht it at target. will swap!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 7:28:00 AM More reviews by lauraloulou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara as I was desperate and my 'go to' wasn't in stock. I've never had much luck with Rimmel mascaras, but it was on sale & I was in a hurry so I gave it a go... and I'm really happy I did. It gives me great length, great volume and didn't clump at all (which is my usual problem because I go a little crazy building up my lashes!). Very pleasantly surprised & definitely will be going back for more.