April 19, 2014 | 1761 users online

Treatments - One 'n Only - Argan Oil Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried to like this product seriously ! After reading all the hype i saw a huge bottle for $10 at winners.

Overall, no matter what I do, this stuff doesnt absorb into my hair, it just sits on top and weighs it down.

I hate the packaging, leaked into my bag !

Moroccan Oil will remain my staple, I find that it doesnt weigh my hair down. It makes my hair actually look healthy and full.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by katiedelaney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have blonde hair and I always have. this makes me hair so soft and not dry. I will always re-purchase this & it smells good

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by SSH1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I add this to my conditioner (currently Suave Almond & Shea) but have added it to others. I also add it to any body lotion and my homemade cleaning oil(grapeseed, castor, argan and vit e) and sugar body scrub (same as before plus sugar). A few drops on the ends of my hair at times just to give them more 'life'.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

On my second bottle of this because I cannot run out of this because it really works for my hair. After I shower I use the shampoo and conditioner too and my hair loves it. I do use a different shampoo at least a couple times a month so my hair doesn't get flat but that's near impossible. I have very thick long blonde hair. I put a small dollop in my hand rub together and work through my ends first then add the extra to the top and sides. I then spray the treatment and let my hair air dry. Once it's about dry I flat iron and it comes out so soft and glossy and manageable. My hair has never felt better and i have added highlights for years so my hair has had a ton of bleach and for once it's healthy

If you have fine hair really only use a tiny amount more thick and course hair girls you kinda know when you have enough I think because I'm always putting moisture in my hair only for it to be sucked up. But this does not it goes in and doesn't leave my hair greasy but if I put too much yea it could so when in doubt use less. Less is more with this product. I get it for 8 bucks at Sally's and am a very happy girl I will use this as long as they make it. I really recommend you try it they have small travel bottles so you can know before you commit to a bigger size. Totally recommend and it smells really good too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by SuziBarnes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After seeing all the hype & reading the reviews on MUA I decided to take the plunge & buy a 25ml bottle of Moroccanoil (cost 12.85) at the same time I also bought a 100ml bottle of "The one & only" argan oil (cost 7.95). I decided to put them to the test & had my husband decant them both into two unmarked containers & give them back so I could conduct a completely un-biased test. I've now tested them both several times & let me start by saying that they both smell heavenly & both had definite good results, they have both made my bleached, frizzy, frazzled curls into shiny, sleek, touchably soft hair.
Now to the winner, one stood out as far superior to the other & please remember I based my decision purely on results, I did not factor in the cost at all. I've given Moroccanoil 3 lippies, but far & away the best results I got were from "The one & only" argan oil treatment, my hair was softer, the curls more defined & had an altogether more "natural" look, proven by the compliments about my hair I've received on the "one & only" days. I have to say I was very surprised as I fully expected the much more expensive of the two to win, but honestly, I can get the same results as the Moroccanoil using any cheap hair serum. With the One & only my hair is absolutely beautiful, you would never know in what bad condition my hair is in & I'm getting complete strangers stop me & ask where I've had my hair done (not been near a hairdresser in years!). When you factor in the cost aswell I could quite easily give this 7 lippies (& 1 extra for the smell) & cannot see me purchasing any other styling product ever again (which is unheard of as I'm a toiletry junkie).

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by paigerwaiger94

I got this as a free gift when I bought my hair extensions for senior prom. Honestly, this stuff is only so-so...
I found that if I use too much of it, it will make my hair greasy. It doesn't do much to help with frizz or flyaways. I WOULD NOT repurchase for the ten dollars.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by newgenhippie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm almost finished my second bottle this! I use this over my Knot Today and my hair is almost completely frizz free, silky and totally moisturized. When my hair doesnt have lots of new growth (thick, curly) I don't blow dry my hair. I let it air dry amd it's left silky. When I have lots of growth, I use my Conair browdryer with a comb attached and y hair is like water. I dont flat iron my hair. For fine hair, I would only use a small amount as it may look greasy but my thick hair absorbs this really quick.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by laurentate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a spray treatment after a new girl did my hair and used it as a finishing spray. I went to Sally's and immediately bought it. It was $8 with my club card and worth triple the money. My hair soaks this stuff up even if I accidentally put too much on it. It makes it incredibly soft and shiny and it feels like silk. For the record, my hair is overly damaged and fried from lots of bleach with kinks/waves/curls and lots of frizz. It's also very fine, but this stuff doesn't weigh it down at all. It's heaven. Also, I am in love with the smell - its a sweet and natural clean smell and is very faint after it dries.
Honestly, it's not heavy enough for a treatment but for daily use, it's perfect. Go try it out!

UPDATE: I don't really use this anymore - it was breaking my back and shoulders out, along with my face. It's such a bummer too. I guess I could keep using it but be extra careful but I'm not sure. I have half a bottle left. Also, I'm not really sure it did much longterm help for my hair - I'm gonna assume it was only a temporary fix. It might have even dried my hair out. I was using this stuff like crtazy though - like 3 times a day. :/

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by potlacedwithcray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Violet

great smell but it's just full of silicones and argan oil is the second last ingredient. false advertisement.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm torn on this one, which is why I give it a 3. I can't decide if I like it or not.

The smell is my least favorite about this. It's kind of manly and strong, sits with me even after my hair is dry.

No doubt it's moisturizing, but it didn't really smooth down the flyaways.It wasn't humidity resistant, but it's nice.

I just bought the Garnier version of this. It has a lighter smell. It seems to work almost the same, and only cost $4. I'm really torn. The One n Only is nice, but I'm not sure it's worth the price of $10, approximately. I'm not sure if it is meant for people with frizzy hair.

I should also note that this is really hard to wash out of my hair.