October 24, 2014 | 934 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - 88 color matte palette

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by evenbreak

The colors are very pigmented, which is great! The price of the palette for the quality of the shadow's is great! If you want to try new colors and brighter colors, this is perfect. That was the reason I bought it, for the price and the amount of colors you have it's great to play around and if you feel many you wouldn't use ever again you still don't feel like you wasted tons of money. I wont buy this again only because I will never most of the colors often enough to ever need to re-purchase. I have found some very pretty looks from using the shadow's in this palette only.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by sazzygurl

When I purchase this palette about a year ago I used it almost everyday experimenting with all the new colours. After a few months the novelty wore off and at best I use this once or twice a month. The pigment is good and last decently as I even used a shade of brown to fill in my eyebrows for awhile. Half of the colours I still havenít touch. The lid has fallen off and smashed a few colours due to dropping it. It was cheap and nice to have on hand if I feel like going crazy with my eye shadow. I would not purchase this again because a lot of the colour will not get used and it is not worth purchase for the few colours I liked.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Jasminion

Like everybody said, this is pretty pigmented. I have the shimmery palette, some colors have more shimmer than others. I kinda wished I bought the matt one instead, cuz some just looked too shimmery.

One thing though is the packaging is really bad. The little pan that holds the colors were falling off, and the applicators don't stay on the applicator holders correctly, and eventually my lid fell off. lol so I can't cover my palette anymore.

But its an fun product to play around with. Some colors are really pretty. Even though its smaller than a dime, this whole palette will last a really long time, years maybe. But if you only use one type of color a lot, its better to just buy single eyeshadow with more of the same color.

On a side note, one thing that I find interesting is that coastal scents didn't actually create the palette. I think they just bought a generic palette from a distributor in China and printed Coastal Scents on it, so its possible to find the same palette sold elsewhere. So I guess Coastal Scent is not really a brand?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by SeeTea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROs: This was a good buy. It stopped me from buying hundreds of dollars worth of MAC shadows that I've been eyeing so a good money saving decision. I bought it mostly for the bright colors.

CONs: The colors were a lot smaller than I thought they would be which I should've expected after reading other reviews, probably a bit smaller than a dime. Some of the colors are pretty similar and look the same on my eyes (for example some of the medium greens look almost the same) and so I feel a little gyped. I wished there were more gray color options, there is really only 1-2 grays.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by millionheiress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this palette. Plenty of colors to choose from. They blend well with a good blending brush and eyeshadow primer. Very pigmented and rich colors. They do well both wet or dry. I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by MakeupByMaggie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

PALETTE: $18.95
Coastal Scents 88 Matte Palette

PROS
-Pigmented!
-Cheap!
-Doesn't fade

Recommendation: For everyone on a budget!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by drfinestgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this palette from Coastal Scents. I mean, what more can you ask for when it comes to eye shadows? You have 88 different shades of shadows all for a very reasonable price-Love! I like how pigmented they are and there possibilities are endless when it comes to these shadows. I definitely recommend this eyeshadow palette for everybody, especially those who are just starting out with makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by NoniJade86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The thing i love about this palette is the array of colours to choose from :), The price is very cheap as for postage not so cheap, your best off buying a whole heap of products all at once. Also i find the eyeshadows abit chalky and hard to get a good amount on the brush but apart from that it is a great buy. Only other thing that sux is there isnt any real brights yellows, oranges or purples

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift but I have been comtemplating purchasing this palette for a very long time now. Let me break down my review into sections so it's easier to understand.

Pigmentation/Color Payoff: (4/5) Overall the pigmentation is really good. I was pleasantly surprised that the majority of the colors are so pigmented. I have not used all the colors, obviously, but I've swatched most of them and used quite a few. I don't think it's even completely necessary to use an eyeshadow base with these shadows, but I do anyways. I have found that some of the colors are a bit misleading from the way they look in the pan but they are still so pigmented, I can't really complain too much.

How It Blends: (5/5) Honestly some of these shadows are buttery soft like MAC shadows and blend just as good, if not better. Again, I have not used all the shadows in the palette, but I can assume there are the odd bunch that aren't as blendable as others. But this holds true with all brands, even high end shadows.

Fallout: (4/5) There is a bit of fallout from these shadows, but for $20 and so many color options, I'm not really in a place to complain about this. Even high end shadows will have some fall out!

Overall Rating: (5/5) I am definitely glad I got this palette. I'm probably gonna be using this instead of my MAC shadows.

Price: (1/5) At around $25 including shipping, this is such a steal and I recommend every makeup addict own one of these.

Packaging Quality: (3/5) Obviously not the best packaging in the world. It is a bit flimsy and gets dirty easily because it's a matte case. But it's compact and you can carry it with you just about anywhere.

Buy Again: Yes, absolutely! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by mjm88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used so many HE palettes and I can actually compare this $20 palette to them!!! Every color has amazing payoff and little fallout. Very very very pigmented!! This will always be my go to palette