November 22, 2014 | 1866 users online

Lip Gloss - Hard Candy - Plumping Serum Volumizing Lip Gloss

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by simplycottage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Read the full review here. LOVE!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by fiamma84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is okay but not great. The texture is sticky. No surprise for a cheap gloss being that most of them are. It's not plumping at all. When it's first applied I can detect the slightest hint of a minty plumping agent but it doesnt do anything. I got two shades: all american girl which is a pretty nude shade with a slight shimmer: and shockwave which a sheer coral color with a lot of shimmer. I'm going to use these up but I won't be rebuying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by napkinz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my number one favorite lip gloss. i got it at the beach a few months ago and it is MY BABY. let me tell you why. the size of the tube. its so big and bulky but in a good way. and the design on the cap is just adorable. i love the fact that it tingles but does not burn. i absolutely love a mentholly minty tingle that makes me remember i have lips but i hate how most plumping glosses burn like the devil. i have this gloss in "dunes" and the day i got it i was torn between that and "all american girl." dunes is like a mauvey blush rosey pink with biegey undertones and GET THIS....blue...YES BLUE sparkles. which is my favorite part. it makes it have a shiftiness to the color. i think the reason its there is to reflect light and make your lips appear fuller. because there is no such thing as lip plumping ingredients (i knew this upon purchasing) but there are ingredients to make blood flow to your lips more, feel cool/tingly, and the shininess itself. ANYWAYS. purchase this gloss. its a tiny bit sticky but not too sticky and trust me a can't handle too sticky. and lasts on your lips. next color i purchase will be jellyfish and/or all-american girl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

I have Jellyfish (sheer; a medium-gloss neutral purplish fuchsia tint with sparkles on my dark pink pigmented lips), Girl Next Door (sheer, a medium-gloss cool pale pink with very fine, very slightly iridescent white sparkle), and All American Girl (my everyday gloss; also sheer; a medium-gloss neutral, light slightly pink nude that appears light neutral pink in the sun, with very fine, very slightly iridescent white sparkle). I love the texture - I'm partial to sticky glosses, and these are nice and sticky, especially as wand glosses go, yet creamy at the same time. I also like the cold feeling and slight tingling, although I don't notice any visible plumping. I don't mind the slight vanilla/cocoa butter scent, although it reminds me of cheap lotion somewhat. The tubes are huge and frankly a bit unwieldy (at least 6" long x 3/4" wide), but the black scrollwork design on the silver cap is pretty. The nice plush doe-foot applicator picks up plenty of gloss - I have a fairly large lower lip, but I only need one (sometimes two) dips to get coverage though, as noted, both of these shades are sheer. The pretty colors, texture, cool tingle, and ease of application may make these my new favorite glosses after years of devotion to L'Oreal Colour Juices - I just wish there were more shades at my Walmart, since all I saw were sheer sparkly ones that would all look pretty much alike on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by xoxotoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

CAKE WALK! is my new favorite lipgloss. i buy a lot of lipglosses, from chanel to sally girl, and this plumping one is my HG. i have lines on my lips now that i'm 40 and i have to wear lip balm all the time, so i'm always looking for a hydrating lipgloss. this is the first plumping gloss i've tried and it is perfection. it plumps up the lines on my lips with a quick, dissipating tingle and it is shiny and moisturizing as well.

1. the packaging is very pleasing---it's deceptively large, tho. i paid about $7 at walmart & there's .10 oz in it. but it feels good in the hand and i love how the wand stays clean & doesn't get all gunked up in the tube.

2. i wear this gloss just about everyday & i like how it looks by itself and over lipsticks. i use it over drying or dull or cakey-looking lipsticks & it's very nice. (revlon's fashion nite pout comes to mind.)

3. it's extremely shiny (which i love) and stays on for a couple hours no better or worse than chanel. and it's less sticky than chanel or even revlon, but you can feel it on your lips and i like that. i am one of those people who likes a heavier gloss, like the mac dazzleglass. but it's a refreshing change to have a lighter one sometimes.

4. it does what it says it will do. it plumps up the lines on my lips quite nicely, with a burny sort of tingle that lasts only a few minutes. when you're older sometimes you wear certain lipsticks that emphasize your lines & it's frustrating. takes away from the look of your makeup. to be fair, this is the first plumping gloss i've ever tried, but it does a good job of making those more drying lipsticks look much more wearable. my lips are moisturized even after i take the gloss off. i think of it as a lip treatment, actually & try to wear it as much as i can.

5. the color is very slight. it looks more clear on me, with a slight tinge of ... neutral? my lips but better, put it that way. subtle shimmers really help brighten the complexion, too. and it goes over any color beautifully, to give an extra oomph to a dreary lipcolor.

i would definitely recommend this gloss to anyone. even at a $7 pricetag. i will be buying this again, to keep as a staple in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen126

I have this in Cake Walk, which is a mid-tone light sheer pink with lots of fine gold and blue-purple sparkle. Not at all gritty - the sparkles are very fine. This is like a "your lips but better" shade on me. It plumps up your lips and is tingling, but doesn't burn like some plumping lipglosses do. The gloss is cheap ($6 at Walmart), the packaging I think is really cute (clear tube with a silver top that has a black swirl design on it) and it has a doefoot applicator. The gloss has a vanilla-type smell and does not taste sweet. Overall I really like it and want more colors!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my shade is all american girl. nice pink tone I like the texture. just sheer glossy finish not a high gloss. not the best packaging the silver top comes off.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by jennybee71

Not sticky... does plump up w/ caspaicin (spell?) so it tingles a bit... pretty color but not heavily pigmented at all. slight glitter. choose the color you want, then get a shade or two darker as it's VERY sheer! not the longest lasting, unfortunately. would love spf added.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Fancee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm reviewing this in the color Jellyfish. It's a very glittery purple color in the tube. Goes on sheer (I'm posting pictures of my lips with just the gloss on. Nothing else) with a hint of glitter. It's not a bold color at all, but I like that. I wouldn't be able to wear it if it were that glitter purple on my lips. It does have a minty sensation but I'm not noticing and real plumping effects. A slight vanilla scent. A little on the sticky side, but very glossy. I love it. I actually had to go to Walmart a second time on the same day I bought it and picked up another one while I was there.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 4:12:00 AM More reviews by desertrose156

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lip gloss. I can wear it alone or on top of lipstick. I got it in the shade Nude Beach which is a light pink with gold shimmer. This plumps and hydrates my lips without intense tingling and no burning sensation whatsoever. I love the feeling this gloss gives my lips that I can't stand bare lips anymore! I am addicted to the minty feel. This gloss isn't sticky at all, nor is it too watery or wet. It makes me look polished. Hard Candy does not test on animals and they feel so strongly about it that they mention it on their products, which I appreciate and love supporting. Yes I will keep repurchasing this, I love it.