April 17, 2014 | 1703 users online

Eyeliner - Hard Candy - Walk the Line Liquid Eyeliner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I don't know why these liners are getting such a low repurchase rating!!! I LOVE these liners!! I have bought several of these liquid liners. Some of them are def HG material and some are "misses" I've listed the ones that I have purchased/tried. All of the colors are waterproof (even tho it doesn't say on the packaging). The display says, these liners are supposed to be quick drying, but some take a bit long to dry. Probably longer than some would like...esp during busy mornings! Comes with a brush tipped applicator that some would either like or hate. I personally prefer brush vs. felt tipped applicator. The brush can be soft and drawing a thin line can be a bit challenging (which is fine with me since I prefer a thicker line).

Asphault - Rich matte Black. Very pigmented! (HIT!)

Licorice - Black with glitter. Absolute crap! Glitter doesn't show up. Even when the liner is dry.. .it's not really "dry" (MISS)

Lucky - Bright grassy green. Very pigmented! (HIT)

Praline - I LOVE this color! It's a beautiful metallic/foiled looking bronzy/taupe color. Very pigmented! HIT!!!)

Sugar Plum - Egg Plant purple - not very pigmented...takes a long time to dry (MISS)

Fuschia - Beautiful fuschia/magenta color. reminds me of MAC's pink pearl pigment but minus the blue shimmer. Sheer color, not very pigmented. Kinda gloopy.. eck! (MISS)

Turquoise - Beautiful light blue with teal/gold shimmer. Kinda sheer. I didn't purchase this, but just used a tester

Overall, I think these liners (the ones that are hits) are totally HG for me. I can't say for everyone but i LOVE this and will continue to buy them til they stop making them.. which i hope NEVER happens!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by sherryrenee0423

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Lace for NYE and I layer it on top of a dark e/l like black, green etc. I really like it so far granted I haven't been using it for longer than a week but it does exactly what I expected it to do which is sparkle and make a more interesting/fun eye look. : ) I can see where newbies to liquid liner would have a hard time with this on it's own so maybe layering it is the answer for ones new to liquid eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Calicokatie

I purchased this in fuchsia. I never intended to use this on its own. I'm a firm believer in a black eyeliner, but I wanted something that I could layer on top for some fun. It worked great for that. I haven't tried it on its own, and it seems that's where most of the bad reviews are coming from. Layered on black eyeliner the fuchsia gives a nice pink frost to the liner. Very cute for a night out!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

horrible!!!!!! Dont waste your time or money on this product. The packaging is not easy to use and the actual liner pen doesnt allow for a clean line. it makes application shaky and uneven. I am not a liner novice and this was just not something i would repurchase.
the formula is watery and too wet. does not stay on and is almost impossible to apply, so dont waste your time...
For what it is, it was actually expensive too. I bought this in the plum purple color. wouldnt repurchase at all

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by twolovesxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Im so suprised at some of the reviews! I bought this in black and I LOVE it! It goes on easily, its a really intense black and it stays on. I wouldn't recommend it to someone just starting out with liquid liner, though. Its a whole lot cheaper than UD 24/7 liquid liner, and to me its pretty equal! Love it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by devibutterfly4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the silver and black. I really wanted a glitter liner so I picked these up, but so far I've been disappointed. It takes forever to dry and I always end up with it transferring to the top of my eye. This is the only product I find that does this. Also, because I the poor base color, I don't think these were meant to be your only liner, but only to add glitter. For this reason I'll put on my regular liner with this on top. I'll try to finish this, but I wouldn't buy it again or recommend. I wonder if the NYX glitter liners are better?

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by MissChels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this the other day at Wal Mart for about $6 along with some other items. I got it in Black. I have been looking for a new liquid liner and I thought I would give this a try.
The packaging, as always, is cute. Nothing special but it is very sweet looking. I really like the way the brush is shaped. It is very thin and easy to work with. Makes it easy for me to do wing liner and thin or thick lines.
The color is good. It is definitely black just like I wanted. It doesn't need a lot of building to get the black dark.
The formula is pretty good. It goes on smoothly and isn't too watery or thick.
The problem I have with this liner is the way it dries. It dries and feels uncomfortable on my eyes. Like it makes it really tight. I don't usually get that feeling from other liners I use. Of course I mainly use cream and pencil liners. But I think liquid liners are a must have in any collection. This also flakes. I had it on for several hours and when I rubbed my finger across my eye it flaked off and felt bumpy. This is really bad news for anyone who likes to touch of makeup during the day. Trying to build more liner over it after it dries is definitely a no go! When I tried to take this off with my eye make up removers I had to scrub vigorously to get it off and it irritated my eyes bad. And the flakes got IN my eyes. It was just a huge mess! I had to use 2 different make up removers and then wash my face in the shower. And even after all of that I still had makeup cake around my lower lash line. It was definitely a nightmare!
So when I was applying the product I was so happy and thought it was great! But when it comes to lasting power, the general FEEL of the product after drying, and removing it, it is HELL. I will not purchase this again and I wouldn't buy it for anyone. Hell, I don't even want to swap it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by windowbird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in FlipSide, a dark navy with a slight shimmer to it. It applies easily and gives a nice line, but it's not near as pigmented as I thought it would be. It came out very sheer, so I had to go over the line two more times to make it opaque. The color is gorgeous, and the packaging is very cute. It lasted all day, which is great, but it was very hard to remove with my regular Almay eye makeup remover pads. I had to use Vaseline to get it off because I was tugging at my eye so much. Pigmentation could be better, but the color is so nice I will use this again and more than likely repurchase, unless I find a better navy blue liquid liner out there.

UPDATE: After further use, I decided I will not repurchase. Unless I go over the line again and again, it does not come out navy, but rather blue. If I wanted blue eyeliner (I do not), I would purchase blue eyeliner.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by ddddia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this is Licorice.
Plain and simple, it comes out clear (not black) and it will pretty much never dry.

Won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by princess101

This liquid liner really surprised me; seeing as how reviews for other shades weren't very favourable. The colour is a deep black, however to acheive the darkness you will need two coats as the liner is quite a bit more watery than other traditional liquid liners. The applicator has a brush-tip, which for those new to liquid liners can be a bit tricky, but with practice can create an ultra-fine line that inkwell applicator liners can't provide IMO. I didn't have any problems with drying; perhaps that happens more often with shades containing glitter.

The part that impressed me the most about this liner is that it is longlasting AND waterproof! I did a water test on the back of my hand by running through cold and hot water and rubbing vigorously. I also rubbed with a damp and dry cloth and this stuff did not budge. When applied to my lids it dried to a matte finish and did not smudge all day.

This retails for $7.98 CDN at Walmart Canada and is a great buy ladies!