April 20, 2014 | 1629 users online

Mascara - FairyDrops - FAIRYDROPS Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by maomaouchi

This mascara is good, but not as good as others I have used. On my short, stick-straight Asian lashes, it does a fair to good job of holding curl, which is the most important aspect of a mascara for me. It is not the best at it, as I think it tends to weigh my lashes down a bit, but it definitely holds curl better than many other highend or drugstore mascaras I've used. Furthermore, does a good job of thickening the lashes and does not budge at all. The packaging is also cute and I like the curved, wavy wand with the natural (not plastic) bristles. The unique shape allows for even and complete mascara application to all your lashes, even the inner and outer ones. These qualities earned the mascara the three lippies.

However, I think this mascara has quite a few downsides, and they are important enough that odds are I would never purchase this again. First off, it is quite clumpy so if you are not careful you will definitely end up with spider lashes. Not sexy. Second, it takes FOREVER to remove. The only other mascara that has been this tough for me to remove as Fairydrops is Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus, which works well enough that I am able to look past that with that one--but not with Fairydrops. Third, although it contains fibers, it doesn't seem to lengthen my lashes at all. Finally, it is very expensive for how it performs--I'd much rather pay less for my cheaper HG-Tarte LCS or a little more for my h/e HG, Diorshow Extase. I wouldn't recommend this, it's not anything special and it's overpriced.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara a lot --- and for the reasons that others have stated. I have dark, straight lashes, and they are neither full nor plentiful, unfortunately. This mascara makes my lashes darker, fuller, and longer, but the really remarkable thing is that they curl my lashes --- and I don't have to use a curler. Amazing! I just follow the directions, pushing my lashes gently against the brush to "hold the curl", after applying a coat. One interesting thing about these mascaras that come off with water -- is the severity of the message that you need to replace them. With both this one and the Fiberwig, I'll use the mascaras happily for about 2-3 months, and JUST when I think "I wonder if it's time to throw these out", my eye will hurt like hell one day and that's it - flakes in the eye means it doesn't work like it was fresh. Duh. Overall, Fairydrops is a really good product that I will look forward to using again in the future!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think the best part about this mascara is the fact that it is water resistant, but still removes so easily. I rarely use waterproof mascaras because I dislike how difficult it is to remove them, which ultimately puts alot of wear and tear on my lashes. And tubing mascaras just don't provide the amount of volume and length I look for in a mascara. But this is like a marriage between the two genres, and it's a very good mascara.

I had to try this to feed my mascara addiction, and I'm glad I did. It's great for the summer when my makeup tends to need a little more wearlength than usual. The curved, bubble shaped brush is odd and I can't see exactly how it helps apply the mascara any differently than any other curved brush. But it does deposit without a lot of clumping or hassle, and I don't need more than three coats to get the job done (usually I'm a lots-of-layers type). There is some clumping, but it's more like a thick appearance at the base of my lashes rather than a true globby mascara type of clumping.

There's a disappointing amount of length given that this is a fibre formula. It really only gives an average amount of lengthening and volume. However, the deep, rich color is fantastic and it does hold a curl really well. Plus there's absolutely no transfer, smudging, or flaking. My lashes stay very soft too. None of the brittle or stiff feeling that many waterproof/water-resistant formulas offer.

Best of all it washes off so easily. I don't need a separate makeup remover at all, just my regular facial cleanser or a few splashes or warm water. The formula just sort of dissolves into tiny pieces and rinses away completely. No unnecessary tugging or wiping.

I'll wear this alot during the hot weather, but I'll go back to my usual Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill as soon as Summer is over. This just doesn't look as beautiful and dramatic as my GA mascara and I really prefer a much more false lash effect,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

WHOA, I am impressed! I bought this mascara on a whim in Sephora because I was curious and thought the packaging was adorable. (I'm always a sucker for cute packaging.) I'm Asian but luckily, I have medium-length lashes that have a faint, natural curl. The major problems with my lashes are HOLDING on to a big curl and getting some more length/volume. Overall, this mascara did not disappoint. It didn't give any volume (it's not supposed to), but it definitely provided a lot of length and held my curl fantastically for a a whole day. It's also JET black, so avoid this mascara if you have light-colored eyelashes and/or prefer browner mascaras.

The 3-ball brush, while a bit odd looking, really works and really does get almost all of my lashes in one swipe. I haven't had any clumping problems with this mascara yet, but I'd still cap it tightly since it's a bit on the wetter, thicker side. I also wipe the brush once or twice on the edge of the tube so that I don't get massive globs of product on my eyes.

NOTE: For everyone trying to get this mascara off with eyemakeup remover, read the instructions on box! USE WARM WATER. The fibers just slide away and there's no rubbing or tugging involved. I just massage my lashes gently with running, warm water and I haven't had any problems getting it off, even with contacts in.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by alexandrianicolex3

Pros:
Really cute packaging !
Love the wand (probably because I'm used to curved wands)
Gives eyelashes darker appearance but not really length
Comes off easily

Cons:
Thick
clumps very easily
Flakes
Smudges
Comes off after a few hours
Must keep reapplying throughout the day (it appears clumpy)
PRICEY

When I first found out how well this mascara works on Asian lashes I just had to try it! This was my first high-end mascara and to be honest I am pretty disappointed. I used this mascara for 2 months now and I have to say I don't plan on ever repurchasing this mascara. It did hold a curl on my stubborn straight lashes, but the curl only lasted as long as the mascara itself did (which wasn't very long). After only a few hours, I would go to the bathroom and notice that the mascara was barely even on anymore, and I would have to reapply it. It smudges A LOT and every now and then when I would check my makeup there would be little flakes underneath my eyes. The only reason why I've used it for this long is because it was $24 and I was not about to throw it away. Anything more than one coat it clumps like crazy, which is why I don't apply it more than once and only on my bottom lashes. I really wanted to like this mascara, but I can achieve more from covergirl lashblast, which is my new HG mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my god, I love this mascara! First of all, the tube is eye-catching and adorable, and shiny, which I always love. The wand is fantastic and really does grab every lash.

I always curl my lashes first and this seems to hold the curl beautifully. The mascara is not thin or wet, but tends to be thick and gummy, but it doesn't clump too bad. If it does clump, I just use the pad of my index fingers to wiggle the lashes apart and smooth out the clump. (I hope that made sense! I've never tried to describe that particular move before, haha)

I can also apply this to my lower lashes, which I can never do with other mascaras, because they smear under my lids, but this has never done that. Occasionally I'll find a tiny fiber or two under my eye, but it's no big deal.

But anyway, it makes my lashes look defined, dark, curled, and almost glossy, which is nice. Also, it never smudges once it's dry, and it removes with water and jojoba oil so easily, leaving nothing behind. It might be a little drying but it's never damaged my lashes at all.

2/3/13 edit: Just wanted to add, this is one of the few mascaras I have repurchased. I still love it! I strayed and tried a few other ones (mostly drugstore) and none of them held a curl like this one or made my lashes look anywhere near as thick and luscious.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by freshtalovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I HAD SOO MUCH HIGH HOPES FOR THIS POPULAR PRODUCT I JUST WANT TO CRY! :( I have ultra straight, long, downward lashes. I can ONLY USE water-proof mascara to hold my curl after I curl it with my Shu Uemera. SInce I heard so many raves about this, I HAD to get it. I was a bit hestitant because it was only Water-resistant, so I was like, what the heck, I will try it anyways. So today when I put it on, my curl drooped right before my eyes!! I was freaking out! I hate curling my lashes again after mascara but I had no choice. I didnt want to start my makeup all over again. I love the brush though. I am going to try to use it for my HG Full n Soft (waterproof version of course lol). I will tell you guys how it goes. SO ALL YOU GIRLS THAT HAVE STICK STRAIGHT LONG LASHES! BEWARE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

This mascara is just ok to me. I have very long, thick, full, curled lashes, so it takes a lot to make them look bad, but this somehow did it. It made my lashes look very sparse, sad and brittle. I like even more drama, & for my lashes to look fake pretty much, but this gave a much more natural, "oh these lashes? They're always so perfectly defined!" look. It did, however, give them even more curl, and really held it in place forever. I accidentally wore it to bed, and even in the morning there was no smudge or faded black shadow in sight! It actually seemed to be very water-resistant too, as well. It never ran when I put in my eye drops, nor did it come off with just water (but I did not rub hard - I just tried a little to experiment). MAC Pro Eye remover was the only thing that got it off, but when it was removed it came off quickly and very cleanly.

I LOVE the wand shape - it made getting my super curled outter lashes a breeze, which is normally super difficult with other brushes. The wand truly is genius!

Overall, I do like this, however it just isn't HG for me. I do suspect I will us this a lot in the summer when I know I'll be sweating a lot, because it really did. not. move! I'll also use this for when I need a really toned down, very natural look, because it worked great in that area. I think this is a nice mascara to own, and I would say it was worth the $24USD just for the brush alone!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by jennaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to give this mascara a perfect score because it is the best mascara I've ever used and is now HG status. It's expensive but has adorable packaging and gives me the exact results that I desire.
It is a shiny rich black colour (gorgeous) with a very weird brush but don't be afraid - it's SO easy to use! I get less on my eyelids than I do with normal brushes. The curve allows you to have total control and grasp all the lashes on both ends and the little bulges somehow grip all the little lashes and create an amazing effect. I love how it gives volume and *major* length but doesn't clump at the tips! So it makes me look so doll-eyed! I absolutely love how it looks thicker at the roots and thinner at the ends. Looks amazing and my mom couldn't get over how beautiful my lashes were and told me I was getting so fast and skilled at putting my falsies on but all I had on was this!
Holds a curl wonderfully and even looks gorgeous if you gently curl after application and dry down. Also water resistant and doesn't flake.
Will most definitely repurchase! Mascara junkies need to try this!!
Just an FYI: I have longish straight eyelashes and my favourite mascara before this was L'Oreal Voluminous and I also like Bourjois Volume Glamour Curling. Just a reference to other products that work for me so you know if you are similar.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by thaliairoquois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very good mascara for those of us with sensitive eyes and lashes ... it does not have the "tube" technology of some Japanese mascaras, but it does not contain any kind of latex either, so it will not sting or cause redness if that's one of your allergies (as it is mine). The color is a saturated deep black, and the brush is useful for getting small lashes, but I find that I often need to wipe off the brush with a tissue before applying because too much product is dispensed with each use. I also find that I need to use a dry mascara brush to separate the lashes.

The reason I like this so much is that it will hold a curl, *if* you have patience and wiggle the brush slowly upwards. If you try to move too quickly, the curl will not hold. My review is for the "Scandal Queen" type of Fairy Drops mascara, available from Sephora.