September 1, 2014 | 971 users online

Lipstick - Hard Candy - Fire Alarm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by oneclassy_broad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am loving this nude lipcolor! The packaging is adorable, and somewhat convenient with the little ribbon. It makes it easy to pick up, and pull off the cap. This goes on so smooth and creamy, especially if you exfoliate and apply lipbalm before hand. Its got a little bit of pink hues to it, but not much. Its definitely my favorite nude lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Hard Candy Hue... I mean, Fire Alarm... is a very pale nude/peach pink with a sheer, shiny finish. It looks very similar to MAC Hue to me. It's a pretty nude on my NW10 skin because it's pink enough to make me not look utterly dead (and it's also very moist and glossy, which also helps!).

I like the color, so in theory, it's a good idea. However, there are a couple of things I do not like about the product. The lipstick bullet has gotten nicked several times due to the packaging. My major complaint, however, is that the formula is so sheer that you can't just slick in on thinly and call it a day because it will be absolutely invisible. The more you coat it on, the more it goes on unevenly and clings to any lines. Yuck. It only----ONLY--applies well over liner, which changes the color. There isn't a win-win situation with this lipstick, so I wouldn't repurchase, even though I really like the color.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Cheriseeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to soften up my lipsticks or fill in my ridges on my lips as a base for my lipstick. It doesn't look so great alone by itself on me. Its a very light nude with a pink tint. The color is pretty hard to pull off. But glides on smoothly and helps keep other lipsticks from bleeding and fading. It last a fairly decent amount of time. I am not a huge fan of the packaging. The lipstick does not slip down all the way so its very easy to nick it. And the packaging seems to be on the small side like there not alot to grip that by theres the ribbon at the end or else you couldnt open it. But they seem bulky. I dont really care about packaging I like functional packaging and i dont care if its pretty. The packaging here doesnt function as well as i like but for the quallity of the product i can easily deal with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by jennlaVICIOUS

This lipstick is pretty much 'meh' for me. I bought it due to my obsession with nude lippies. I thought this would be a softer nude. It applies smoothly, reminds me of a MAC lustre lipstick. Has a light vanilla scent, nothing offending. Pigmentation is great. Unfortunately, on my pink/purple outlined pigmented lips, it comes off as this frosty lavender color. Wasn't digging it.

I don't really like the packaging. It's tacky to say the least. The peek-a-boo window is on top of the actual case. The case being adorned with gaudy decorations of crowns and shields. The bottom of the tube, where you twist up the lippie, comes to a point with a cute fuchsia ribbon attached.. So forget about storing this lippie standing up.

This lipstick is great, but just doesn't work for me and my lips. Sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by chilipepper12390

ME likey! This is a very pretty pinky-nude. Definitely great for a nude lip. Its similar to MAC Creme d' Nude or Myth but has more of a pinkness to it. Almost baby pink. Its good if you wanna stay away from that concealer beige look. This will bring out the dryness and crack in your lips. However I scrubbed my lips with a warm washcloth then applied some vaseline and it looked GEORGEOUS. Now this doesnt have amazing staying power, about 2 hours, but at $6.99, I can deal with that. It just such a georgeous color.

Edit: Ive been using this a while and just want to stress how amazing this color is! I have bought three more. Yes. Its THAT good.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by bruno777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This a very pretty lipstick. It reminds me of the MAC's lipstick in HUE. The packaging is okay, a little youthful for my taste. This color is a nudish pinky color and it goes on the lips really smooth and creamy. This lipstick looks really good on but it absolutely has no staying power. It may have lasted on me about two hours and I hadn't eaten or had anything to drink. Even though it was only $6.00 at Walmart I would much rather pay the extra five to seven bucks and purchase a better quality lipstick. If you are a teen or you are just getting into makeup then I would suggest Hard Candy's lipsticks because they are cheap and this would be a good way to feel your way through which colors and textures you like without breaking the bank.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by tinysushi

I just happened to stumble upon Hard Candy products by accident the other day and this was the first thing I grabbed! I'm so glad I did because I absolutely LOVE this lipstick. I've been trying to find a pretty nude shade for drugstore prices and I'm so pleased with my purchase. The color is a light nude with a slight hint of pink. It goes on smooth and creamy. I like wearing a creamy light pink gloss over it for extra shine. The packaging is a mix of cute/edgy and a little tacky, but the product is definitely so so worth it. The only problem would be is that it doesn't have much staying power and may highlight dry, cracked skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

This may possibly be the best drugstore lipstick I have ever purchased. I may even be one of the best overall lipsticks I have ever purchased. I don't buy many high end lipsticks, but in comparison to the most expensive lipstick I own, a $30 Armani, I would pick this one.

I had purchased a few items from the Hard Candy for Walmart line prior to this lipstick, and my opinion was pretty neutral overall. The products weren't horrible by any means, but nothing blew me away. Until I picked this up.

It's very hard for me to find any lipsticks that show up pigmented on my lips, and true to color. This is one of the few that does. It glides on slippery and satiny and light. One coat perfectly distributes the prettiest, pinkish nude lip color. I have been searching for my HG nude lip color, and I am pretty sure this is it. I am still in awe of how pigmented it actually is for $6. Honestly, do yourself a favor, if you are looking for the perfect nude lip, and pick up a tube of this. I'm almost positive you won't regret it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by xMissMurderx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best nude that Ive found in a drugstore! Ive tried others and none of them can come close to this. I really love nudes they are my favorite and before I got this I was using Myth, Pretty Please and Creme D Nude by MAC. Since I got this lipstick Ive been reaching for it more than my MAC ones. The color is so awesome and the finish is really nice. I love this product..you cant beat the price. I also think it lasts really well, for me it lasts just as well as the MAC lipsticks that I have. The packaging is cute I like the little ribbon on the end. The tube itself feels a little cheap but thats not a big deal to me. Love the product, love the price I will DEF re-purchase this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

I was looking for a nude lipstick and I bought this due to the good reviews. The reviewer below describes the color pretty accurately. It is a beige slightly pink nude that is pigmented but not extremely opaque. It goes on creamy and on the sheer side of an opaque, I wouldn't call this sheer. I need about two to three coats to totally cover my pigmented lips. As with all light lippies this does accentuate dryness but this is not matte and not drying on its own. It works for me because my skin is on the warm side so if I do a nude it can't be too pink. Very good for a six dollar lipstick at walmart. The packaging sucks its plastic and cheap and the one I got doesn't go in completely straight and it clicks but I don't care as long as the product is good.