September 30, 2014 | 1265 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Matte

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by izzaphilia

I only got a sample bottle, which had a spatula for application. It glided smoothly on my skin, with nothing else underneath. I set it with my Ben Nye Banana powder. I didn't give it much expectation for good outcome, and I couldn't believe how great it turned out! My usually slick face by 4 hours didn't make me pull out a blotting paper! Awesome. I also got the perfect shade for me. Buildable coverage light to medium. I didn't experience the balling up of the product as some commenters experienced. The only down side is the price. I want to wear it for not-so-occassion occasions, like once or twice a week and perfect for the no makeup makeup look. It does seem worth saving up for.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Allan5j

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like most makeup alley addicts, I'm in search of my HG foundation. I have never written a review but given how badly my skin has reacted to this, I needed to share my experience. Having used the product for 5 wks, heres my feedback

Pros:
good colour

Cons:
Caused me to continually breakout...even in areas whereby I have not broken out before.
Concealer needed
Not matt -This should not be called matt makeup. Powder is required after a couple of hours.

I would not recommend this

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Viclit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this foundation when i heard Joyce Beneli uses the sheer glow on kim kardashian. (i'm oily so i dont think i could get away with the glow version)..So i'm usually an NW 20 in mac foundations, and the lady at sephora matched me for the shade gobi. Let me just say that this color is AWFUL. I'm pretty sure thats the second lightest shade. Anyway, i heard such great things about this product but it was such a let down. I felt like i was putting a cheap tinted moisturizer on.. THUMBS DOWN ON THIS ONE :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had the pump version of this fir my application hour, hood and hygienic. I used this on a couple of models for a fashion gig and it applied beautifully with a normal flat foundation brush followed by a latex sponge to blend it all seamlessly. At first I wasn't too confident with this product but judging throughout the day and into the night, it did actually last (using a nars micro powder in translucent with the exception of a shiny forehead in five hours). These models had clear skin with the occasional redness on cheeks which vanished completely after applying foundation. Only a few had pimples. I would say that it did look good on skin that were dry but one model whom I did not apply this product to, had blotchy patches so maybe it's not for those with extremely dry skin. I haven't try extremely acne yet but I'll grab a sample and try it out on a friend to see if it'll work. Price is steep, selling at $68 a bottle from Mecca in Australia - definitely light to medium, buildable.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by ComplexChameleon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really great light-medium coverage foundation that has a beautiful natural finish. It doesn't keep me as matte as I'd like, but I am very oily and I do notice that I am less oily after a few hours than with other foundations. I have very yellow undertones and NARS is one of the few foundation lines that I have found a warm enough colour in (Stromboli). I do wish this foundation had more coverage, although it evens out my skintone and makes my pores look smaller. Also, I tried a sample but it seems like the bottle is really difficult to work with. Overall I may end up purchasing this foundation for casual everyday wear if I can't find something that's fuller coverage/more mattifying and still a good match.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by diana342910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First I have very oily skin all over all the year round special of summer and I have acne prone this foundation is my favorite because last all day and look so pretty and is not heavy foundation I been using since 2009 and still I use it and keep buy it again my shade is Tahoe is perfect shade the only thing is need to buy the pump but I still love I never change for other foundation. And this foundation don't breakout my face

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by ElenaMis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just wanted to love this foundation but I can't. I have combination skin but this product on me is really cakey. It was my fault for buying it before trting it at home, first and last time I make this awful error, but, I mean, with combination/oily skin why this foundation looks so powdery on me?
Really a pity, for 40 euro it was absolutely disappointing.
If I notice some change in future application, maybe in another period of the year, I'll edit my review.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by crstfallen

I love this foundation! It takes me forever to find a good, long lasting foundation with good coverage. I tried using Revlon Colorstay at first but I found that it never really stayed. So I went to Sephora, and the woman who found this foundation for me is an angel. To top it off, it actually matches my skin tone which I find quite difficult because my skin tone is normally too dark or too light for most foundations, but this one doesn't come on cakey, it lasts a long time, and I don't even need that much! Definitely buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by BSlytherin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I went to sephora to exchange my MUFE hd foundation because it was getting too cakey no matter what I used, and the guy recommended this foundation.

I Love It!! It doesn't get greasy or cakey or anything. I love how it dries. I apply it with my foundation brush.
The color matches me perfectly! It's the best one so far! Definitely buying again

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and the sheer glow foundation. if i hadnt had tried sheer glow i would have liked this a lot. but there are some problems i have with this that i cannot over look. first off, the smell is HORRID!! I'm not exaggerating, i don't think my nose is even that sensitive! I can tolerate the smell of revlon colorsay, black radiance liquid foundation, even mac pro longwear doesn't smell that bad to me. this foundation smells worse than MAC Studio Fix Fluid, and many people know that Studio Fix smells strong. This foundation just STANKS! smells like cleaning supplies.

Other than the awful smell, it isnt that hard to blend. it doesn't blend as well sheer glow though. I think that this goes on better with your fingers or a sponge. I wear Tahoe in both sheer glow and sheer matte. sheer matte runs a tad bit lighter than sheer glow. I am NC-45 and Tahoe in both shades are great for people with very strong yellow undertones.

I do not like this finish of this foundation. I usually like satin, semi-matte and matte finishes. But this seems too matte to me. It makes my skin look....dead. I just doesn't look good on its own. When i add a colored powder the gives me a bit more color and then i use a setting spray to get rid off the super matte look. But with sheer glow, the color is just perfect and it looks really nice.

Over all, its good for people with oily skin. but i feel like it takes too much effort to make it look good. i will not repurchase this. I'm gonna stick with sheer glow