July 28, 2014 | 1280 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Matte

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by waiyi

I am looking for foundation that have oil control, cover my pores and good staying power. A girl from Sephora recommended me "Nars Sheer Matte Foundation", and my color is Figi (I wear Urban Decay Naked 3.0 and Makeup Forever 118 or 120).

Here is what I think about this foundation:

Coverage: Light to medium, it said buildable, but it is not in my case. If I applied more than one layer, it turns CAKEY. It covers my pores well, but not my redness. And it accentuated my dry patches.

Finish: Nice and airbrush matte finish, if I ignored my dry patches.

Staying Power: SUCKS!! It wore off in couple hours without setting powder or setting spray. I did use primer. With setting spray, it wore off in about 4 hours.

Oil Control: There is no such thing in this foundation. My face turns very oily in an hour.

Color: Match perfect, I look very natural which I love.

And it photographs very well.

If you have a normal skin or looking for foundation for photograph well, you may like it.

Will I buy it again?? NO!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Kur3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was recommended to me by a sales associate in sephora. Even after I explained I have very dry skin she told me to use the matte foundation. No matter what moisturizer I used it still dried me out. I used a moisturizing primer and that also didn't help. Waste of 50$.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Jyfh

I've used both this and the sheer glow one and both of them made my face look flawless without being really caky. I learned that using a brush will make it streaky and blotchy so I only use my fingers to apply this. I work pretty long hours at a busy restaurant and this has been the only foundation that's able to keep my skin matte and not shiny even in my T zone area. This doesnt come with a pump but you can always buy it for 10 bucks on their website or at sephora. The price is definitely pricey for a foundation but I think it's either you love it or hate it product. And so far, I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I just returned two foundations to Sephora due to not enough coverage/not perfect color match, so I kind of feel like I have to keep this because I feel bad if I return everything I buy from them! Unfortunately, this product is so bad it makes me appreciate the ones I returned!

Cons:
1. Price.
2. Packaging. Really, it costs so much money, doesn't perform that well, and you have to order a pump from NARS?
3. The finish. It's the most blotchy thing I've ever worked with! You're better off with L'Oreal or Neutrogena.
4. The color. If you're fair Mont Blanc may not work for you. It's darker than the same shade in the Glow formula.

I have tried the Sheer Glow by NARS, and that's actually a good foundation. I recommend that over the Sheer Matte no matter your skin type. Mine's normal/combination; I was thinking the Sheer Matte would be better for me now due to the season and the fact I love the matte look. Wrong!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by kristinmarie11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Disappointing foundation. This product found any dry patch of skin and pore and put them on display for all to see. At first I thought I needed to exfoliate better and/or use a primer, but no- same thing happened with using a primer. I usually use Mac Studio Fix (NC25), Laura Mercier TM (bisque) or Jane Iredale mineral foundation (Warm Silk) and decided I wanted to try a liquid foundation for a better coverage. The MUA matched me at the counter to Deauville- a decent match to my skin, but I was disappointed with the overall finish of the foundation which made my skin seem dull and noticeably covered with makeup. It did, however, seem to keep my oil production at bay for a little while. It irks me that you have to purchase the pump separately for this (which I did). I had high hopes for this as I love Nars blushes and lipsticks, but will not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by katieeholliday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not great. I bought this in siberia for my extremely pale yellow skin, and the colour was amazing but the consistency not so much. I know it's sheer, but it came out streaky and just wouldnt sit right on my skin, if i touched my face it would come off immediately. plus the bottle was a pain to use, unless you bought a pump for an extra £30.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by jakaescoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has become may favorite daytime/work cover up. It hides any discolorations or imperfections beautifully. I used to wear Macs studio fix fluid but over time it left my skin dull, and clogged. After wearing this Nars sheer matte for one week my skin felt soft, looked radiant after taking it off and my skin cleared up. What's really great about the foundation is it makes you flawless without masking your face, and its build-able for the evening. Only con is since my t-zone is super oily it tends to wear off after 6 hours. Highly recommend for the flawless natural look.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by ColourfulTears

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation for the shade. I purchased shade Siberia, and even that goes orange on me once it has set. I would not recommend this if you have pores as it just sinks straight into them. I found it impossible to blend until I mixed it with another one of my foundations, but even then I just do not find it worth the money. If you're willing to spend a long time manipulating this foundation JUST so then go for it but I would rather go for sheer glow next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by kryquinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation because it does exactly what it claims to do! All us ladies with OILY skin, here is a foundation that finally keeps up matte! This foundation keeps me more matte for longer periods of time than any other foundation, even Revlon Colorstay (for the record I have extremely oily skin). I believe this has to do with it being a fairly light coverage, which can be built up to a nice medium to full coverage if you apply more than one layer. Normally I love matte full coverage foundations but with almost all "full coverage" foundations I tend to get extremely oily by the end of the day to the point that my makeup has completely separated and I have huge patches on my face; I have never had this happen with this foundation! Like I mentioned earlier it isn't full coverage by any means but it can be built up fairly easily if you work quickly. This foundation is quite natural looking on me but if you have normal or combination skin this might appear too matte. I highly recommend this product for anyone that just can't keep a non-oily face for longer than 4 hours. I don't care for the packaging; if you want a pump you have to pay 6$ more so that adds to the already hefty price of the product. Also it does contain parabens which is unfortunate and for this reason I only gave it 4 stars rather than 5.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by SophieEllis89

I got a little sample bottle of this as I LOVE their pure radiant tinted moisturizer and it's one of those foundations that you hear a lot about, so I thought it was worth a try!

However, I was really disappointed with this one. It's quite light coverage so doesn't do much to conceal imperfections, but instead of making you look radiant and glowing it is like a magnet to your dry bits and really accentuates any dry patches you have. It also looked a bit caked and went oily very quickly throughout the day.

The overall look it gave my skin was not great at all, half way through the day I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and thought 'eurgh, my skin looks awful!'.

I think if you have really normal skin without any dry patches, that doesn't get oily either then this might work for you, but even so I think there are much better foundations on the market.