November 28, 2014 | 1842 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by xshado

Such a great product, ive never liked putting powder on my face because it looks cakey!
But this one doesnt, i dont only use it only to take away any oils or shinyness but to also set my foundation/ bb cream.
With a big fluffy brush (like real techniques powder brush) or any other big one,
I warn, do not put too much, i did that mistake once, and my face did look cakey.
You only need a little bit and youre good to go!
I cant say it takes away the oilyness for the whole day, if your skin tends to be really oily you would need to retouch up during the day.
The price is great and affordable.
However, i do wish the packaging was a little bit more durable, and it would be great if it came with like a small sponge, so that way i would be able to put it in my bag without having to bring a brush along.
The top can easily break and it easily opens up.
I will rebuy, once i hit pan!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this, because I've heard so many good things about it. I don't love it at all. It doesn't stay matte on me at all-my oily skin is shiny in an hour. Luckily, I didn't pay too much for it. I much prefer the Palladio Rice Powder. I've been pressing it on with a dense fluffy brush. I will try a couple of different application methods and update if I find something that works, but honestly I don't have high hopes. I really hate the packaging too; I don't so much mind having to take the top off (although I would prefer a flip-open) but it feels really flimsy. Not a fan.

EDIT: I actually came back a few months later to edit this review. I wanted to try to use this somehow so I tried applying it with a puff. It works much better this way. I'm still not sure I would buy it again, but I did change my mind about it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Christinegem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's okay like I absolutely hate the packaging cuz first it doesn't come with a mirror which is totally inconvenient and it has a screw top type thing which opens at the slightest pull. The actual powder itself is pretty finely milled which is good and it does help to control my extremely oily skin. It only keeps my oils at bay for maybe 2 hours during warmer weathers and maybe 4 hours in the winter. Overall I would repurchase considering it's a cheap drugstore price and works alright and is better than nothing. Don't put too much under the eyes or anywhere else ur face creases cuz like any other powder it will accentuate ur fine lines. That's normal with most powders tho so no worries. Anyways I like it except the packaging

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Simonjw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the fact it kind of puts your face in soft focus but that's about it! It dries out my skin and I haven't seen my makeup last any longer wearing it

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by rachelmacfarlanexo

I have been using this powder for years. It's alright. It doesn't keep oil at bay the whole day, maybe for 2 hours on my oily skin. I will repurchase since I haven't found anything better. It looks a little cakey and very matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by cazlikesmakeup

i really like this powder! it does everything it says- keeps my skin matte and it doesnt look cakey no matter how much i put on. i like how it says that it lasts for 5 hours, a lot of products nowadays claim they have 895839 hour staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by MetteRA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I sooo wanted to love this powder. It's been raved about so much on youtube, and I really thought I would love it. But it just doesn't work on my oily skin. 1 hour after application my t-zone is oily, especially my forehead. I like the look of it, though, when I first apply it... but when I look greasy after just 1 hour, it's just not practical...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by tinatac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this due to rave reviews on here as well as from other blogs. I have very oily skin so I had high hopes for this product especially for the price. However, it did nothing as far as my shine and oxidized really quickly. I looked horribly orange in a couple hours. I wouldn't recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Tam94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I apply this after i use my daily foundation because my foundation can tend to be more on the dewy/shiny side, it tends to leave my skin looking very powdery and not natural at all, it also tends to change the shade of my foundation too and make it a shade lighter then my skin tone which it should not be does because its 'transparent'. Overall disappointed with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Truebeautie

I love this product! Keeps me matte all day and makes you look amazing! I highly recommend this for an emergency powder or just for your every day look