August 21, 2014 | 1467 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Tam94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I apply this after i use my daily foundation because my foundation can tend to be more on the dewy/shiny side, it tends to leave my skin looking very powdery and not natural at all, it also tends to change the shade of my foundation too and make it a shade lighter then my skin tone which it should not be does because its 'transparent'. Overall disappointed with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Truebeautie

I love this product! Keeps me matte all day and makes you look amazing! I highly recommend this for an emergency powder or just for your every day look

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this as it sets my my makeup for the day without altering the colour of my foundation. I have a medium skin tone and it definitely is translucent, so a big thumbs up for the shade.

It is very affordable at AUD $12.95 and you get a lot of product for the price. The packaging is definitely something that could be improved, it come in a plastic pan with a pop off clear lid which isn't very secure, but I guess with the price that's what you would expect.

The texture of this is quite soft so it blends in well and doesn't leave you cakey whatsoever. With this on my oils only come through after 4-5 hours of wear which is great for me as most powders I've used in the past didn't hold up that long. I still do prefer the finish of Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder though, but is quite a bit more expensive than this here in Australia.

Looking at the ingredients this powder does contain oils which I don't like as I'm acne prone but I haven't noticed any breakouts so far.

Overall, I'm happy I picked this up as it's a great powder for oil control, not a fave just yet but I do like this. Would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

Love this! I use this everyday. This pressed powder keeps my skin matte and shine-free longer than any other powder I have ever tried. And I've tried a lot! I may experiment with different foundations, but I always dust THIS powder on over top, no matter what. It looks great after touch-ups, and does not oxidize on me during the day. 5 lippies! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by zurbaby

This is my holy grail pressed powder! It doesnt look cakey and it keeps me matte all day long! Price is cheap! But theres only one down side to this, the packaging breaks easily :/

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by nichdizzlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this powder for a little less than a year to set my foundation. It has not broke me out. I read of reviews and raves for this product that it was amazing to set foundation as well as oil control. I do have combination skin and whenever I use this product it does not keep my oil at bay. I don't know if it is just my foundation or primer, I use Sheer Envy Primer it doesn't stop oil. It is just a powder, it adds no coverage or color. It doesn't cake or streak, it feels soft on the skin. But if you are sensitive to fragrance, I would watch out. It has the smell of the dark colored perfume that is super cheap.
I do prefer it to translucent powder for flash photography. This product isn't a miracle saver or a horrible powder, its just a nice setting powder. I have used a BB cream with a powder foundation and then I tried the BB cream with this powder I noticed I got more oily. I know that powder foundation is literally a foundation but this product states to have oil control, where it the controlling of oil? I would probably buy again to just set my under eyes concealer or cream blushers, but I think I will be on the hunt for an overall face powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I picked this up because I ran out of my Revlon Photoready pressed powder and I heard rave reviews about this on YouTube. It was only $4 at my Target, so I couldn't resist buying it. Overall, it's just an Okay powder. It keeps oiliness and shine at bay for me and the packaging is alright... I just had high expectations from all the rave reviews. It's not that this powder was bad, but it wasn't great at all. I probably will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I really do not know why this has such high ratings. I have really oily acne prone skin and this powder does not keep my oils at bay. I tried using this for a few months and honestly it doesn't do what people claim. I barely reach for this out of all my powders. Also the packaging is very flimsy and I wouldn't recommend this for travel (the cap barely stays on). I bought this powder because I needed a photo friendly powder that also held up on my oily skin. However it just didn't keep my skin matte. I wouldn't say I completely wasted my money since it was sooo cheap! But the thing is, you get what you paid for. Would not recommend to girls who are REALLY OILY. Just stay away. I highly recommend the Physician Formula Mineral Wear Mineral Face Powder tho.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I love this powder! I'm on my third one! It keeps my face matte all day, adds a bit a coverage and its so cheap. I wish they would revamp the packaging though, it's very cheap, but I will continue to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by JillianRoseF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Used with Rimmel Lasting Finish, this powder is absolutely amazing. The packaging is light and sleek, but has a classic look. Also, the smell is fresh and not overpowering like some powders. Let me just emphasize, the shine control is extraordinary! I am extremely oily, and this superb powder saved the day. I use a generous amount with an ELF flat top powder brush, and it gives an extra layer of flawless coverage. Lasts all day with NO touch ups. So cheap, and great color selection. I am so impressed.