July 24, 2014 | 2213 users online

Eye Primer - Fyrinnae - Pixie Epoxy

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If I could give this product a 10 I would. It makes any eyeshadow really pop and vibrant, even other shadows besides Fyrinnae. I apply ELF shadow peimer first and then this and my eyes are perfect for at least 8 hours! It sucks that you can only buy off the website but it's still totally worth it! Order a back-up tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by vivalafat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is as good as it is made out to be. I'm surprised, in fact, that it hasn't attained some sort of "Benetint" cult status yet, but I'm sure once it lands on some beauty editors desk, the rest will be history and I will be forced to pay some ridiculous up charge for it (which I will absolutely do because it is just that good).

It is not, however, goof proof. You really need to take the time once you get the product to experiment with how much you need, how long you need to let it sit before you apply shadow and how exactly the shadow should be applied to take full advantage of the product. I would suggest looking up tutorials on Youtube or just spending an afternoon practicing. I find that putting too much on and not waiting long enough for it to get tacky will make my shadow crease after 3-4 hours. Also, I needed to use more of the epoxy than I originally thought I would and at first, I couldn't figure out why it worked so well on my hand on so crappy on my face. Once you get the hang of it though, you are set. For real, using this product is almost like cheating, it makes any eyeshadow look that good. I literally put my eyeshadow on this morning in 90 seconds and I have been getting compliments all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by danyell2425

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I wear a lot of sparkley mineral makeup and it works amazing to hold the glitter and shimmer on the lid and def helps fall out. It makes my colors more vibrant and they just pop when I wear this. I love it. Def has amazing staying power and makes my shadows last all day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by littlesunshine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Purchase again? Yes. Yes. And yes. This stuff is a miracle with a doe foot applicator! You only need a little amount otherwise blending can be difficult. It helps all glittery loose shadows adhere to the eye. Everything from Lise Watier loose eye shadows to Mac pigments. Good work Fyrinnae!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Doubleshot70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hello Everyone,
This is a fantastic site where you do get honest true reports on products.It is such a fantastic tool it leaves the user wandering how life was prior to the internet and reviews.
I am chronically ill but prior to health deterioration I loved make up and would spend so much time looking at and trying on different make up looks.Just recently in fact after a number of years have I started to look at my make up again,and wearing it...I have used the pixy epoxy for a month and I feel it is a very valuable product,especially if you wear highly pigmented/glittery shadows.The previous reviewers have done a fabulous job so I wont duplicate,however I just wanted to add that the product is not a primer and the site does specify.The product merely grabs onto all the elements of a shadow,it leaves nothing behind and there is no fall out.Thank you for reading.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Crowstoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this product is nothing short of magic in a tube. any and i mean ANY eyeshadow will literally light up when you use it with pixie epoxy. the tube lasts a long time because you need to use so little of the product the only complaint i possibly have with it is the doe foot style applicator - never been a big fan of those but i can deal.
fyrinnae is such an awesome company. their eyeshadow colors are to die for but they seriously need to hire more people so they can be "up and running" all of the time. i'm sure they will eventually. when i ordered mine luckily the site was open for business. i will buy this product until the day i die. believe the hype on this one girls. unlike a lot of products out there this one IS that damn good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this with my first order from fyrinnae, and I have been using it daily ever since. I love it as a base for all of my eyeshadows. I just don't get creasing anymore.
They say you only need a tiny bit and they are right. I just dab the wand on my finger, rub two fingers together and then smooth it onto my lids. Then I apply my eyebrow powder or my blush to let it dry a little, and then I go back and do my shadow.
I've had it for months and there's finally some usage showing in the wand, a hole in the product maybe 1cm or less in height. It's going to last for AAGGEESSSSS.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by mindyk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first swapped for tube of this after my best friend told me about it & said how great it was for trapping fallout from glitter. I hadn't previously used anything from Fyrinnae. The epoxy is magic - not only holds most of the fallout from shadows (loose or pressed) but gives any shadow or brand I've tried with it an entirely new depth. Definiely brings out the highlights in glittery or shimmery colors like nothing else I've tried. Wears well - I'm usually putting on makeup at 6am and at midnight the shadows are still in place and look great. Can't beat the price either. I've already purchased a back up tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

It took me a long time to learn how to use Pixie Epoxy. Initially I absolutely hated it. I guess I was applying too much product and my eye shadow creases like crazy. The trick to using this is to apply a tiny amount and rub it on. I apply 3 tiny dots on my crease. It is best that you use a rounded crease brush like mac 219 to press your eye shadows on. Some colors like fire opal needs to be applied wet to reveal the potency of the colors. You simply have to test them out on your hand before applying it on the face. Some of my other eye shadows dun work with pixie epoxy or even my ud eye primer but it is ok. Given the inexpensive pricing of Fyrinnae, in the future I am sticking to this brand or mac. I have no budget for brands like Shu uemura whereby a single color cost USD$22 each. I could buy 10 Fyrinnae. LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Xandrra

already repurchased this, its a staple. Transforms my cheap ds e/s into really pigmented HE quality stuff, if it wasn't for the colour range I'd stop buying HE altogether.

You do need a bit more than the 'teeniest tiniest bit' (which is what their website states) but its still really cheap for the amount you get. Brilliant stuff!