September 20, 2014 | 1906 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Fire and Ice 720

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by jumpsnoopy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the perfect "modern" red! If you're looking for the red lipstick on J.Crew and Kate Spade models like I was, this is just the right shade. It's bright and warm, but not orange on my NC20-25 skin. Even my boyfriend, who doesn't typically like red lipstick, gave this one the OK. It's very wearable, even in the daytime with simple black eyeliner/mascara. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by KCBrockman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lipsticks. One of my favorites out of everything I own (cheap expensive whatever). I get SO many compliments when I wear it. Very bright so not for everyday wear, but perfect when you need something to stand out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I know and love the history/story behind this very famous and classic shade and when Revlon released the special edition version of this lipstick in 2010 I had to finally try it. I love the lipstick's formula, it is so smooth and silky and has surprisingly good staying power for such a rich moisturising lipstick. Its pigmentation is very good and it applies and wears evenly. However, I'm quite sad to say the shade, as beautiful and legendary as it is, didn't quite work for me. It ran very orange and a bit too bright and neon on my strong yellow/tawny toned, NC42 Indian skin tone. It's definitely a very strong bold shade and very bright. It would be absolutely divine on a fair skinned, dark haired lady like Dorian Leigh, the original model, or a fair skinned lady with warm red tones to her hair like Jessica Biel, the 2010 model. I could also see it working well for women with very dark but cool toned skin, but if you're in the medium to olive warm toned range I'd be a bit cautious as it can look neon bright and orange. Still a beautiful shade though so I'm giving it a high rating but sadly not exactly universal.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by sonalikay

This was the first true bright red lipstick I had ever bought. I think it's an absolutely classic, chic look for a cheap price. Love the color, goes on pretty smooth and lustrous (hence the name). Definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

I guess a girl can't have too many red lipsticks in her collection. I was on the fence about this but I caved in while I was at CVS and i'm so happy I did. I was lucky enough to find the special edition packaging, which is adorable. It's silver and gold and has the old school Revlon logo. Love!! As for the color it's a nice blue based bright red. Consistancy is creamy and not drieing. Totally retro but modern. Every girl needs a red lipstick:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by victoriassecrets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Fire and Ice makes me feel like Betty Draper...it is the most luxurious, glamorous, retro red.

This is most loved in my collection. It evokes another era while still remaining modern. Think of all the women since the 50's who have worn this colour!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow, this lipstick really is bright! I am a fan of bright red lipstick and I was looking for a new red since my favorite lipstick got discontinued (Maybelline Moisture Extreme in 'Candied Apple'). I bought this at Walmart for around $7. It comes in a standard lipstick type of packaging. Very plain and black. I don't really care what the packaging looks like as long as it doesn't fall apart - the product is what really matters to me. I put this on and was shocked at how bright this is. It is blinding! It tends to navigate a bit so I think applying it carefully really is a must and perhaps using some sort of primer or waxy lip pencil would help. This also stains lips really badly. I tried this lipstick on last night and today when my boyfriend came over he asked me why my lips were weird. I looked in the mirror and noticed that some parts of my lips were stained and looked neon pink. This lipstick is also way too bright to wear with dark eye make-up or obvious bronzer/blush and I think it would amazing with a simple cat eye and some mascara. A dark smokey eye paired with this would definitely be clownish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

IT may be a vintage colour for many. Some may even say it is a story by its own right. But for me I have never been a Revlon's fan. I do not like the taste and smell of their lips products and Revlon's packaging is not something I'd call award wining. Buuut...the Limited Edition vintage packaging isn't so bad, which is why when I found my 'love that pink' (a whole new review in that one) lipstick by chance, I also bought this Fire & Ice.
Pure blue red on me...in some light it goes red pink on my NC20-25. I will not say that it is a favourite but this is definitely a handy lippies to own for days when true red is too much. I believe this colour turns out different depends on skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by sexykoala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this at CVS for around $6 since they were having a sale. To be honest, when this was first repromoted with the vintage packaging, I wasn't so thrilled as the others were. Mostly because from the tube and the many swatches I saw online, it seemed like a fire engine, orange-based red that looks awfully garish on me (think Ronald McDonalds or smearing hot sauce all over my mouth). So it took a few months and a bit of courage for me to finally try it since I'm looking for a new shade of red to wear this fall/winter season (I usually go for deeper reds like, Maybelline's Red Revival or berry reds like, Revlon's Cherries In the Snow). To my surprise when I put it on, it's not garish at all. There is definitely an orange/coral undertone, but it also has sort of a berry red undertone, making it a bit cool toned against my warm, olive skin. The red shade reminds me of poppies! Just gorgeous. It is bright when worn opaque, but my favorite way to wear it is by using my fingers to dab it on, creating a tinted balm/stain effect. The formula is creamy, but not as creamy as the Colorburst lipsticks. It doesn't dry my lips out either, although I do wear it over a lip balm. It also leaves a stained effect even as the color fades. It typically lasts me 2-3 hours with eating. It is utterly gorgeous and it's my new holy grail red lipstick that goes with just about any makeup looks I do (smokey eye, neutral eye, or just plain ole mascara). Definitely try it, and if it doesn't suit you, you can always return it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very pretty bright red. To me it has orange undertones which is what I should be wearing with my warm skin. However, I just cannot pull of these orange reds. It is very pretty and doesn't leave my lips dry at all. It's very creamy and I absolutly love the feel of it. This color justs takes some getting used to me who doesn't really wears. If you love wearing different shades of red, definately try this one out. Heck, it's been around since the 50s-60s.