January 30, 2015 | 981 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Fire and Ice 720

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 5:51:00 AM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Fire & Ice is perhaps the most unique lipstick I have ever seen.
I agree with all the other reviewers who stated that this is a coral red, more specifically it is a deep coral BASED red (if you can believe such a thing) Like coral on some folk the orange brightness will come out on others the deep pink/fuchsia.

It seems that on cool toned people the lipstick will come out bright almost neon with visible orange undertones, on neutral skin tones tomato red and on other very warm toned people the colour seems stay warm but will lean toward cherry red to hot pink.

I love bright lip colours but I can't wear them all the time however this colour is very wearable when worn with black and is the perfect red with a LBD. I'm guessing that this looks good on pale skin and dark hair because the colour stands out against pale skin but the shock of it is absorbed by dark locks, so if you find this colour too bright its best to wear it with black clothes. With my yellow based NC45 skin it is a maraschino cherry red but can look like a completely different colour (deep pink) under a camera flash - you have been warned!

So in short buy it if
- You want some thing different and daring
- You want a cult classic and Revlon's basic quality and moisture
- You know you can rock bright colours (especially orange and hot pink)
- You wear black way too much and have been looking for a fun way to inject some colour.
Do not buy it if:
- You want to play it safe
- You want a colour that looks the same in the mirror and on camera.

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So the other night I was in Wal-Mart (a college girl needs her ramen!), and I ever-so-casually happened to pass right through the beauty section, coincidentally right by the ďsaleĒ signsÖ Yes, okay, it was totally on purpose. Anyways, Revlon had a bunch of rollback prices, so I decided to treat myself to one lipstick by them. The Super Lustrous line was on sale for $4.57 a pop, so I waffled for about five minutes in between Siren (a vibrant coral-leaning-orange) and this, Fire and Ice. In the end, I settled on this one because truth be told, Iíve already got quite a few corals and oranges, and while I do own a hefty amount of reds, none were quite as bright as this (Maybellineís ďRed RevivalĒ and MACís ďHeartlessĒ are some of the reds I own: deep, darkened, more í40s style rather than í50s).

As Iím sure a lot of you know, there is quite a history behind this iconic shade. I was unaware of it upon purchasing, but had I known, I wouldnít have even bothered picking up a different shade. So, F&I 101: It was originally released back in 1952, with quite a gorgeous advertisement. It was repromoted back in 2010 in the original vintage packaging as well. Sadly, I donít own that, but Iím quite happy with this one!

I tried it on as soon as I got home. Itís a very, very bright colour, Iíll say that! The formula is quite creamy, and goes on very smoothly. Iíve got a bit of a problem with my perpetually-dry lips, and this lipstick did not exacerbate the issue. It sits very comfortably on them, and doesnít dry them out. It also stays quite a while if youíre not eating; drinking is not that much of an issue if you apply, blot, and reapply. It creates a lovely stain as well once it wears off.

The colour itself is a bit hard to describe. In the fluorescently-lit bathroom, itís a bright geranium colour, nearly neon. In the softer, more yellowy light of my bedroom, it takes on a more blue-based tone; and in the daylight, itís simply a bright orangey-red. I believe the name Fire and Ice is very appropriate, as the undertones can fluctuate between orange (fire) and blue (ice) depending on your colouring and the lighting that which you are in.

All in all, itís a lovely and unique colour that I truly adore. I highly recommend it, and will be purchasing a backup or two. Maybe three. I kind of love it.

I added a picture of myself wearing it as well; it's the full-face one with the open-mouth/surprise look thing going on.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I'm glad I read reviews on this before I purchased it. This is an excellent red, hasn't bled on me yet. On me it looks more red than reddish coral, but I still love it. It hasn't dried out my lips and it has lasted through eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Plus the fact that it's so much cheaper than department store brands, this buy is a no brainer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by pnnylne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased Fire and Ice for about $5 USD. I'm an NC45 and it is a very bright red. A lot of reviewers/bloggers classify this shade as a red with a blue undertone, but in my opinion, I find this shade to be really warm with a yellow undertone. The shade compliments my yellow undertone. I consider this lipstick as my "daytime" lipstick, because it's bright but my skin is dark enough that I can wear bright lipsticks and not have it stand out as much as someone with lighter/pale skin (think Rita Ora). As for other features of the lipstick, its finish is creamy and not drying on the lips. Depending on how much you apply, its coverage can range from sheer to opaque. There is none of the weird generic/drugstore lipstick smell or taste. The packaging is functional. I would not recommend if you're not into bright lipsticks. I would repurchase this shade of lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by jumpsnoopy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the perfect "modern" red! If you're looking for the red lipstick on J.Crew and Kate Spade models like I was, this is just the right shade. It's bright and warm, but not orange on my NC20-25 skin. Even my boyfriend, who doesn't typically like red lipstick, gave this one the OK. It's very wearable, even in the daytime with simple black eyeliner/mascara. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by KCBrockman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lipsticks. One of my favorites out of everything I own (cheap expensive whatever). I get SO many compliments when I wear it. Very bright so not for everyday wear, but perfect when you need something to stand out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I know and love the history/story behind this very famous and classic shade and when Revlon released the special edition version of this lipstick in 2010 I had to finally try it. I love the lipstick's formula, it is so smooth and silky and has surprisingly good staying power for such a rich moisturising lipstick. Its pigmentation is very good and it applies and wears evenly. However, I'm quite sad to say the shade, as beautiful and legendary as it is, didn't quite work for me. It ran very orange and a bit too bright and neon on my strong yellow/tawny toned, NC42 Indian skin tone. It's definitely a very strong bold shade and very bright. It would be absolutely divine on a fair skinned, dark haired lady like Dorian Leigh, the original model, or a fair skinned lady with warm red tones to her hair like Jessica Biel, the 2010 model. I could also see it working well for women with very dark but cool toned skin, but if you're in the medium to olive warm toned range I'd be a bit cautious as it can look neon bright and orange. Still a beautiful shade though so I'm giving it a high rating but sadly not exactly universal.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by sonalikay

This was the first true bright red lipstick I had ever bought. I think it's an absolutely classic, chic look for a cheap price. Love the color, goes on pretty smooth and lustrous (hence the name). Definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

I guess a girl can't have too many red lipsticks in her collection. I was on the fence about this but I caved in while I was at CVS and i'm so happy I did. I was lucky enough to find the special edition packaging, which is adorable. It's silver and gold and has the old school Revlon logo. Love!! As for the color it's a nice blue based bright red. Consistancy is creamy and not drieing. Totally retro but modern. Every girl needs a red lipstick:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by victoriassecrets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Fire and Ice makes me feel like Betty Draper...it is the most luxurious, glamorous, retro red.

This is most loved in my collection. It evokes another era while still remaining modern. Think of all the women since the 50's who have worn this colour!