April 19, 2014 | 1396 users online

Treatments - LUSH - Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by devitini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I could wax poetic about Grease Lightening, but I'll try to keep this short and sweet. It's phenomenal. It's the only thing that can keep this combo-but-buckets-of-oil Florida girl's skin at bay during summertime. I like to use it post-cleanse and throughout the day to suck up some of the oil on my face and keep it clean. It leaves my skin nice and smooth. I don't know how great the product works as a spot treatment, but I do know that it works absolute wonders in preventing break outs. Too much product can definitely leave a film, so be sure to apply evenly. While some have reported that it's too harsh, I've found it to agree nicely with my sensitive skin, but would recommend others do a test patch first!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

This has done wonders on my face. It helps reduce redness and break outs seem to go away and fade out faster. Also helps with oil control on my t Zone. It doesn't really smell like anything , and goes on clear. The pump on the bottle kinda sucks tho. It gets clogged a lot and you have to dig fried product out. But a little bottle has lasted me four months and I still have half a bottle less

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by linet182

WOW- Is all I have to say. I had heard some great thing about this product, so I decided to give it a try. I use "Herbaslism" as my face wash, sprits "breath of fresh air" as my toner, "Imperialis" as my moisturizer and "grease lightening" as my spot treatment. My skin has never looked better. I absolutely love this product and it genuinely helps get rid of acne. I put some of this stuff on my pimple- go to bed with it on and wake up and the pimple is noticeably smaller. I will definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by LullsTheSmiths

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well I decided to get the tester because I didn't want to waste any money. The packaging was ok, and it lasts ages because you only need a little bit. On the first day I was disappointed because I woke up with more spots on my forehead, although my left cheek was clear. But after 3-4 days it has cleared up considerably!! My skin has not been this clear for about 2 years so I'm happy. It's got a very strong smell but when it dries it loses it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

I was not impressed with this product at all.

I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and it didn't do anything to my acne whatsoever.

Granted, it doesn't dry out my ski or causes any kind of side effect but it doesn't do anything for my skin ...waste of a step.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by ivoryisis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This seems to be a great product to keep my skin from getting too greasy and oily. I have severe acne with small pores, oily skin and cystic acne, whiteheads, blackheads, you name it. My skin is also very fair so it makes it look even worse and this helps a lot with my skin getting irritated and red due to the acne. I've been able to keep my skin under control using a skin care regimen that includes Grease Lightning. I would recommend this if you have acne-prone or oily skin and have issues with oil showing up on your face throughout the day. This isn't perfect for getting rid of the oil but it keeps it at bay and I only have to powder my nose once or twice daily after using this. My skin care regiment includes Coalface soap by Lush, Grease Lightning by Lush, Benzoyl Peroxide 2% (Target brand version of Clean and Clear brand) and Clean and Clear Morning Burst Moisturizer, combined with Acnepril (two pills, twice daily) and the Clarisonic Mia brush used one to two times per day.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by clairedy6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this as a spot treatment and I didn't see any reduction in my acne. Also the pump gives you way too much product so it gets wasted very easily. For $13 CAN plus tax I would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this for probably around 2 weeks, on different areas on my face (smaller pimples on my chin, and larger ones on my forehead), and it honestly did absolutely nothing. It didn't dry them out, make them smaller, take away redness, or make them disappear faster or at all. From all the good reviews I was hoping this would be my miracle product but no go. It was useless and did nothing. Nice packaging, though, and a pretty decent mid range price ($16 I think)?

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by harmonyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this isnt too bad a product it does reduce those random pimples but i find where i have put it on eg my chin or lip or forehead it cracks and itches once dried. it drives me crazy lol. and the pump is dodgy either nothing or too much comes out!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by lausunu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! Over the years I had used a prescription acne cream for my breakouts but over time my body had built up a tolerance for it. After using other lush products and seeing amazing results (i.e. Fresh Farmacy, Tea Tree Water Toner, Ultrabland & Imperialis/Vanishing Cream), I had decided it was time to give Grease Lightning a go. I couldn't be more happy with the results this product has given me. No, it isn't a magical gel that zaps pimples away but it certainly makes them smaller and within a couple of days they are completely gone.

Salicylic acid is way too harsh on my skin personally so this formula with witch hazel and thyme is the perfect go to gel for when my skin decides to give me a hard time. Try it!