April 17, 2014 | 913 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Serum De Rouge

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by erinennis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Crimson #840: A slightly pink red but with great berry undertones. Can be worn sheer or heavy. Megan Fox wore Crimson #840 on the 2009 October cover of Cosmo. A truly delightful lipstick!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by wobblejelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought #760 and like the shade. The texture is good and doesn't dry up my lips. The only thing that the retraction feature broke down after i used it less than 10 times. Yes, I cannot retract the lipstick so I have to only turn it up a little each time so that I can put the cover back on without ruining the liptstick. This really got to me as it is expensive (SGD43) and I expected packaging to be of better quality. At this price, I don't think I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 5:27:00 AM More reviews by kittysophy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

First off let me say that I really do like this lipstick! But for the price I think you can't ignore some slight negatives this lipstick does have.

The colour selection is limited,but that's not too bad because the colours are all really nice.
I'm NW15 and after long consideration bought Raspberry,which is a really nice pinkish-red. I look a little bit like Snow-White wearing it,which I like.

The smell is kind of fruity(I suck at describing scents) and definitely not strong or overpowering. I can't smell it all the time while wearing it,just occasionally I'll get a whiff of it.

The formula is quite nice,but be careful when applying,because it tends to bleed just a tiny bit. It didn't do as much for the dryness of my lips as I thought it would,but which lipstick does? It does perform quite nice when you have chapped lips,but just not as good as a chapstick.

The packaging is really luxurious and definitely draws attention when being used in public. Sad thing is,and that might sound ridiculous,that it doesn't stand up like a regular lipstick. I mean I can't put it onto my vanity next to my other lipsticks,but have to put it in the glass with my mascaras and eyeliners. I don't know why that bothers me so much,guess I'm just kind of OCD when it comes to my makeup.

So,I would definitely buy another one of those if I didn't have to many other lemmings right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by lunakaruna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have Chanel Rouge Allure Lacque in 77 Santal, Rouge Allure in 77 Intuitive and Rouge Coco in 05 Mademoiselle in my small collection of luxury lipsticks. And then I spotted Dior Serum De Rouge while waiting for a flight this weekend. I decided to give 740 Rosewood (20 duty free) a try and eureka! I think I'm saying goodbye for now to Chanel. This Dior formulation is simply exquisite. It applies very easily, keeps my usually dry lips hydrated and the colour just makes me feel pretty. Lucky that I travel quite a lot. I'm thinking about buying a stash. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by sherrier

I really like the formula of this lipstick but I hate the color I bought. I purchased beige 710 after the clerk told me it was my color. First of all, I have darker colored lips with olive skin and brown eyes. This lipstick is the wrong color for me, but I realized it to late, long after I was gone from Nordstroms's. This color on me pales my lips out way too much. In the store, it looked good but I didn't use it again until the next day when I was on my home home from vacation. By then it was too late to return it. I wish I would have gone with the 740 Rosewood. What a waste of 32 dollars. However, the formula glides on, plumps my lips a little and is moisterizing. Also, it stays on for quite awhile. So, all in all, it is a good product, I just got a bad color. When and if I feel like spending $32 another one, I will get the Rosewood by ordering on the internet since I can't get Dior from where I live.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by TheLadyKatie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one great lipstick. The consistency when it is on your lips is creamy and silky all at once. The packaging is gorgeous--truly luxe (but, let's face it, it should be at this price).

Despite the price, I will definitely be going back for at least one more color. I've got #910 which is a wonderful neutral, soft and warm reddish color. It looks great with pale skin and dark hair and eyes. Everyone seems to be telling me so. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 9:17:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Good heavens; I don't think I've ever spent so much on a lipstick. At about $40 CDN, these are not inexpensive, and some would doubt the product's worthiness of such a hefty price. But I'm happy with my purchase, and am actually itching to buy this in another color.

I'm an NC25, a golden toned Filipino complexion, and I purchased 910 (Mocha). It's a slightly reddened brown, and it's quite flattering against my skin. The application of this lipstick is slippery, buttery, and super silky - it just glides over the lips like no other product I own. It's like a balm, but less waxy; it's like a gloss, but not sticky; it's like a traditional lipstick, but lighter. There's a soft scent, but it's not offensive (and I'm very sensitive to scents) I'm really quite impressed with this Dior creation.

With SPF20, it also protects my lips, without drying them out. I still wear Aquaphor underneath (but I'm very, very prone to dryness and it's just a habit to use Aquaphor underneath everything), but even if I didn't, it would look and wear the same. Who knows if it actually does anything to treat the lips as it claims - I don't wear the same lip every day so I can't come to that conclusion - but when I do wear it, my lips are chap-free and very comfortable.

Repurchase? Definitely.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by kareygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I own this in 710 and think the color is one of THE best nudes I own. It is moisturizing and lasts long on my pigmented lips. I would love to try other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is also already my favorite--I just bought this today after reading all the rave reviews (in color 910--for reference I'm a fair-skinned Asian). I'm disappointed that it doesn't have more of a color selection, but the texture of it is just beautiful and moist. Particularly in these winter months, this is good for anyone with dry, chapped lips like mine (lovely picture, isn't it?) It has a slightly shiny sheen and goes on very smoothly. The only thing is, definitely go to the counter and try on the colors before buying it, rather than purchasing it sight unseen online--some of the colors look very different from the swatches on the Internet and turned out very differently than I thought they'd be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ohhhhh, how I love this! I am a red lipstick addict...I have more than I can count. This is now my favorite. I bought Serum de Rouge in Crimson #840, and it is truly one of the most beautiful, glorious reds I've ever put on my lips! Slightly blue based, with just a hint of berry, yet truly, truly crimson all the same. Creamy and shiny, and just sheer enough to apply without a liner, yet with such a great color payoff. Highly, highly pigmented treatment product. It applies, as many before me have stated, much like warm butter...it simply slides across the lips. You can literally feel the conditioners sinking into your lips as you wear it. This is by no means a long-wearing lipstick, and it shouldn't be, given it's glossy, semi-sheer finish. However, it lasts longer than I anticipated, and dries/fades down to a beautiful berry red. Can be worn over liner for extended length and a more opaque effect. I usually don't go back for the same red twice (even though I always think I will), since I'm always enticed by the "next" red on the block, but I think this one may be an exception to that rule. There are just too many things that make Serum de Rouge stand out from the crowd.