September 18, 2014 | 1366 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Alis2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

When it comes to skin care I like to keep it simple, so for a while now I have been using different oils on my skin and hair. I have a few favorite oils and this is one of them. Grapeseed oil is quite light, though it may take a few minutes to absorb. I like to use this to remove my makeup/cleanse and moisturise all-over. You only need to apply a few small drops onto a clean and slightly damp face, then massage it in lighly. Apparently this has some astringent properties so it helps to balance your skin and keep it clear. However I also find this quite moisturising. This leaves my skin soft and healthy-looking, plus its affordable and you can use it for a variety of purposes!

I got my grapeseed oil from the cooking oil section. Its light-medium green in color and does not have a noticeable smell. It was affordable and came in a glass bottle. Im not a fan of the packaging, but whatever!

Different oils work for different people, even if two people have the same skin type that doesn't mean that the same products will work for them. A lot of people praise certain oils or products and while I have tried various oils that I liked, I never found something that truly made my skin 'glow' and improved my complexion until now. Grapeseed oil just seems to work for my skin... It moisturisers without clogging my pores and it has made my complexion look a little brighter overall. I guess I'm finally one of those people who has found their HG product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I use this soley as a makeup remover. I used to olive oil, I would slather it on my face, get a wash cloth and soak under HOT water and then apply to my face, my makeup literally would MELT OFF with a couple swipes. I stopped using olive oil because it sorta irritated my eyes, as I would just rub a little over them and apply hot water and voila! Eye makeup gone! But enter grapeseed oil, I just tried it as a fluke one day applied it over my eyes taking my eye makeup off and yay no irritation! So now I just use this to remove ALL my makeup! NO eye makeup remover, no cotton balls, it doesn't take forever and thats what I love! I actually laughed cause I was washing the Housewives of OC where one of them was taking off her eyemakeup using a cotton ball and eyemakup remover, it looked painful, she kept on tugging and using more eyemakeup remover and more cotton balls! I was like gee, just use oil it will go faster! But yes I remember those days, heavy eyeliner,mascara, eyeshadow with primer and it took FOREVER to get off! Not anymore! Taking off my makeup is a breeze now and I also cleanse my face with Orjene Organics face wash which takes ALL the makeup off after the oil! Anyways, I love grapeseed oil. Haven't tried it as a moisturizer or for my hair, I just like it for my eye makeup. Oh and I buy a big bottle at Trader Joes, last me a good long while.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by dancergirl68

broke me out in flesh coloured bumps and under the skin white heads all over my chin. This is going to take a long time to recover from :( wah

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by moniib

I need this oil. NEED it. I started using this oil from big lots, didn't say it was organic, just regular grape seed cooking oil. My hormonal, dry, cystic adult acne skin looked more amazing then it ever had. Grape seed oil cleared my acne and made my skin look young and glowy. I even left it on over night and it would help even more with my acne. Amazing. Then I ran and started experimenting with other oils and ww3 happened on my skin. It was horrible. I even tried going back to drugstore cleansers (yuck) but then I finally bought grape seed oil again and in just two days my skin is way clearer, pores smaller. less irritated and just looks more normal and feels normal. I couldn't believe how much of a different it made. This time I bought an expeller pressed oil from sprouts, and I can tell a difference between the first one that I bought. Definitely opt for the most natural that you can get. I also love grape seed oil because I don't have to spend 10 minutes trying to get all of the oil off of my face cause it doesn't clog my pores. And i think it just feels lighter then other oilsI love love love this oil. I also use it day and night as a eye moisturizer. Maybe difference in my wrinkles and eye bags. Oh grape seed oil, I will never leave you again.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by contemplativegirl21

I have been on the oil bandwagon since roughly 2007. I was in college and my friends all thought I was crazy for putting olive oil/castor oil blends on my face.

Well, I've since refined my "oil for beauty products" routine and I've come across so many wonderful oils: coconut, safflower, almond, jojoba, etc. The one I kept going back to was safflower, until I came across grapeseed.

I can honestly say that grapeseed oil has become my HG of "oil for skin care," followed closely by safflower.

Why is this? Well, unlike many other oils, particularly olive, there is little to no smell. The oils that smell the best, in my opinion, are coconut and sweet almond, however, sweet almond really didn't do much for me in terms of skin care and, as much as I wanted to love it, coconut oil seemed to aggravate my skin--I still love to use it in my cooking, however.

Anyway, this and safflower oil defiantly have the least overpowering smells and are light--this one being far lighter.

Grapeseed is the only oil I can use as a moisturizer during the day without making my skin look like a greasy mess--rather, it gives my skin a velvety soft finish. I have combination skin, so I can occasionally get away with heavy oils, but if you have oily skin, I would recommend something light and grapeseed is definitely one of the lightest oils I've used.

I also like to use it as a carrier oil. I've recently been mixing it with geranium oil for my night moisturizer. It's versatile and a fair price--I love it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- lightweight
- balances oily skin
- absorbs quickly
- high in antioxidants
- provides sun protection

Cons

- expires quickly

Comments: I would never think that an oil could control my...oil. This is fantastic for oily skin. It is now my go-to facial moisturizer. It apparently also helps with stretch marks, but I will have to use this a while longer to see if I get results. I have used this as a heat protectant with no damage to my hair (no my hair didn't turn into fried chicken) and controls frizz better than my silicone-based serums without weighing down my fine hair. Napa Valley Naturals is supposedly the brand to go for when purchasing this oil, but I even like Life-Flo quite a bit and is found at most health stores.

Will repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mishigirl

I started using grapeseed oil Nov 2012. So far so good! It helped my skin deal with the dryness from the heater and even though I'm oily it doesn't really make me oilier nor does it cause me to break out more. At night after cleansing, I wipe down my face with some oil on a cotton ball and it still manages to pull dirt and makeup off. Then I put moisturizer on top. Morning routine is similar, I put on a light layer then spf moisturizer on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Pseudonormic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I just buy my grapeseed oil in the cooking section of coles and it does the trick plus its organic.
I have dry skin which becomes super oily and im prone to acne as a result. Not nice!
I used this and it kept my oily skin at bay and hence the acne at bay but for some unknown reason, I became bored of clear skin and stopped using it. I know, its insane. So yeah, now I'm breaking out again.
Time to go get myself another bottle of this liquid gold.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 6:08:00 AM More reviews by Vickybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is oily and acne-prone, yet sensitive to fragrance and any form of coconut. This leaves many "natural" products out. I love grapeseed oil as a pre-cleanse in the AM and PM, as it is the number one reason my skin produces less oil and looks almost normal/balanced. I used to have oil slicks around my nose and cheeks, and it looks so much better now. I also use this on my chest for clogged pores, then rinse with olive oil soap.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by dellywoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have combination rosacea skin. I've tried grapeseed oil on two occasions. Both times it has caused me to breakout and simultaneously given me terrible dry flaky nasolabial folds. Yuck! I wish I hadn't given it a second chance. My skin feels awful.