December 18, 2014 | 927 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Length

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Madmiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this mascara at least 4x already.
It has been my go to mascara for any day time look.
It separates lashes perfectly and defines naturally with length but NOT volume.
I start with lash blast length to define and separate lashes then I follow with Cover Girl lash perfection to add volume. This combo is superb! (For a long time I used lash blast length solely)

Overall this is a good item to have in your basic kit.
It's relatively cheap but I do find that you get less product than in most other mascara tubes and it does has a tendency to dry out quicker. This of course results in having to repurchase more often.

Also, keep in mind: The "Very Black" has more of a "Black" effect and the "Black" has more of a "Dark Brown" effect.

Tips * If you have long lashes yet want definition and separation minus the "spider" effect this mascara (alone) achieves that look.

* I sometimes use the lash blast length wand with my other "heavier" mascaras for evening/night looks. Works great!

Thanks guys, this was my first review....finally! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonheartz

I bought this because it was on sale and wanted to try something new for a change. I should have just bought what I usually buy....

This mascara isn't very visible, and it doesn't seem to build. Fanned out my lashes and didn't do much of anything-- the brush is too... soft? I usually like these kinds of brushes (plastic) but this one just doesn't work. It's ok for bottom eyelashes.

Back to Telescopic.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If before the first use I hadn't noticed the brush was yellow I would have thought Cover Girl forgot to put mascara in the tube because it seemed like there was nothing on the brush but it was brown after I pushed it down in the tube but it took multiple coats for anything to show up and that wasnt anything special. I might try it for lower lashes since it's a 'barely there' mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by misanders

This mascara is horrible. I made the mistake of getting brown, well it is a very light brown. Your lashes would have to be white to even show up. Mine are not. Second the brush feels like needles. I usually get close to the roots of my lashes and brush through. Not even possible with this brush. It is so hard you can't. Then the formula, well it looks like theres nothing there. I would not waste money on this!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by neonpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this mascara basically as a base before putting on my colossal mascara. It separates an lengthens my lashes, the only thing is even after many coats u can barely see ur lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by ihubah

This is by far my favorite mascara. For someone with very short lashes and hardly any lashes to begin with, this mascara does a mighty fine job at separating each and every lash and providing decent length. I find that a lot of mascaras tend to clump my lashes together and personally I hate the spider lash look because unlike those lucky enough to have more lashes, i end up with about four clumped up "lashes" and it is just not attractive and this mascara does not clump, well kinda. The only reason why this mascara is getting a four rating is because for some reason, whenever I open a new tube( I've already repurchased it twice), the first few applications (like three or four) tend to clump just a bit but after the initial few applications, this mascara works perfectly. I find that my lashes still hold its curl after applying this mascara which is a plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by lollylilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fairly average mascara that I generally use in conjunction with a thicker mascara for volume. You definitely have to use multiple coats of this to see any difference in your lashes. When I wear it I generally alternate coats of this and a Cover Girl volumizing mascara until I get the desired effect. I also normally wear it as a daytime mascara, opting for something thicker for nighttime or special occasions. I'll probably keep buying it because it's simple and foolproof, and keeps my lashes soft and fluttery.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lash Blast length is perfect for the natural daytime mascara look. It doesn't clump, nor does it smudge when applied to my lower lashes. The brush doesn't take up too much product, so it doesn't give volume to the lashes--just length, but not too much. I like it for naturally, defined lashes because I hate the clumpy look. Great product for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by KarleyFries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this mascara everyday for an fresh, minimal makeup look. It adds length, doesn't clump, separates very well, can be built up and I like that the wand is thin enough to get my lower lashes without smudging. I do notice one or two flakes at the end of the day if I don't powder, which is about 7 hours for me. The only problem is that it doesn't hold a curl very well. I think I'll try the waterproof version next time to see if it holds a curl any better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by mjones21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the blue shade expecting it to be blue and it's actually blue-black. Grr.
Other than that it's the typical lash blast length. Lengthens without much added volumizing, yet separates the lashes and slightly curls them.
Thankfully I bought it on sale for 2.75$ otherwise I would be a whole lot more annoyed that it's not the blue that I was expecting. Grr.
But on reflection the container does show a blue-black colour so I guess it was the error of my interpretation.