April 17, 2014 | 1379 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Promaxyl - Eyelash Renewal serum Rapidlash

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Jsmith0245

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does work have seen improvement in lashes in just a week. I have holes in my lower lashes and they are starting to fill in after a few weeks of use. As to the expiration date the date stamped on product is not the expiration date but actually the manufatoring date.. It is good for two years after the date stamped. If in doubt check the website u can usually find useful information like this before u start buying up tons of it and returning it.. Or opening boxes in the store.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by donna01010

Well, Paula Begoun said this works. So, I decided to try since Latisse is too expensive. I went to five CVS stores and an Ulta Store. Every single store that I visited had the product. But, the product was EXPIRED. Yes, the product was in five stores, sitting on the shelf, in an expired condition. Each and every store told me that they have no control over the expiration date because the outer cover does not contain an expiration date. You have to open the box to find the expiration date. I will not purchase this product because they do not put expiration dates on the outside. There should be an FDA regulation against this but..... Consumers beware....open the box in the store and check the expiration date!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by campbelt

Rapidlash works great for me. It's a bit pricey but it does last a long time and my lashes are definitely longer. I like my lashes longer so I'm going to keep using and will repurchase when I need more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product has made my #1 beauty find and love for 2012. This totally works for both my brows and lashes. My lashes are now longer, thicker, and more dense. I've even had people comment if I got lash extensions! My brows have been a disaster for many many many years thanks to the over plucking and sporting the skinny ass brow of the 90's. I've been trying for years to grow my brows back in, but little luck and have been left with sparse brows and bald patches.Today I actually have decent brows that are fuller and have a shape to them and I totally credit Rapidlash. The only weird thing I've noticed is many of the hairs that regrew are blond, naturally my brows are brunette and lashes dark brown. But I've been tinting my brows red to match my hair and that has made a big difference, plus I never leave the house without mascara. Highly recommend and I've already repurchased three times.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Lauren1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The reviews are right! This stuff does work. I used to pull out my lashes when I was younger, which left me with very sparse lashes and gaps in between. But, after using this for a few weeks, I have lashes in spots where I had none before. Lashes also seem longer, and can really see a difference with mascara on. So, definitely worth the money for me and will continue to use. I can't compare to other products like lilash, because I've never tried them. But, this is a lot less expensive and didn't seem to have any side effects. Also, seems like tube will last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by maconly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for 6 months. It seemed like it took awhile to see the difference. By week 3, I noticed a little more length. by week 6-8, my lashes were thicker, not much longer though. But, wow, yes, it works. My lashes have never looked better, and hold the curl all day, even when I remove my makeup. Here's the tough part: I stopped using it for 1 month to see if it would hold the thickness and length- absolutely not. Both were gone in about 2 weeks, right back to square one. You have to keep using this stuff. You can go down to every second day once you've got the desired length and thickness, but you have to keep dishing out $60 (CAN) every 3 months or so. I bought one today at Shoppers Drug Mart for 33% more, same price. Good bye falsies...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by forbidden_desire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know what I ever did without this thing! Let me start off by saying that I have really short, stick-straight Asian lashes, and I would occasionally wear faux lashes whenever I felt like I needed some long lashes to complete a look, because mine were practically non-existent, mascara wouldn't even help them. I looked into the different brands of lash lengthening serums, and although this one is pricey, it's not as pricey as some of the other ones, so I decided to give this a try (I got mine at Ulta with a 20% off coupon). I've been using it religiously every night for about 2-3 months now and I seriously can't believe the results would be this dramatic. My lashes (I put them on my bottom lashes too) are super long and look even more gorgeous curled with mascara. Ever since I started using this, I haven't felt a need to touch faux lashes or get eyelash extensions. It also seems to last for a long time - it's taking a while for me to get through, considering I've been using it every night for a few months now. It takes a while to see results and you HAVE to use it everyday, but the results are worth waiting for. The reason I stress have to is because at first I would put it on occasionally (due to forgetfulness) and lashes would start growing and some would fall off (due to their natural cycle) and leave you with a mixture of really long and really short lashes which can look like you're missing lashes. I have nothing but good things to say about this serum, but I think it is worth every penny, and I definitely will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by MrsFeige

its a bit expensive(upwards of $54 dollars, even WITH a coupon.... from cvs that is) but it works wonders, i can tell when i havent used it in a while. i usually take my makeup off, put this on my eyebrows and upper lash line, and top my lashes with some castor oil, about 3 nights a week. this helps my lashes grow out with a natural curl, and hold curl more easily.

i suppose theres nothing else they could do with the packaging but it seems to me, if youre paying about $60 for 1oz of product, i want to have access to ALL of that 1oz, its hard to get the last drop out, but it does last FOREVER, even using it every night.

ive repurchased, twice, and i plan to again. its worth it, even for the price. it works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by TereH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Beauty is important to me, but I also have had issues with the health of my eyes and eyelashes that Rapidlash was able to address. It doesn't give the long lashes that Latisse used to but it gives me thicker ones, and plenty long (the Latisse lashes were thin and stringy). And it has helped restore my over-plucked brows, even growing hair over a scar in my eyebrow from a childhood injury. I tried using Latisse but couldn't justify the expense, and I found Lumigan online from an overseas pharmacy. I used it for a while and then discovered my left eye was dying. It was removed recently and replaced with a prosthetic. I cannot prove that it was related to Latisse because often eyes that have been injured or operated on can start to die. But I am also not convinced that the Lumigan/Latisse didn't accelerate the process. At first I thought it was because the doctors who say the Lumigan is the same thing as the Latisse were wrong, but that wasn't it; even if I had used Latisse I would have had problems, I believe. I went online and researched side effects of Latisse and other people were reporting them: eye styes, skin tags/papilloma growing on lower lid line (I got both of those), and even eye death. Lumigan is used for glaucoma and reduces pressure in the eye; when I saw my surgeon, there was 0 pressure in it. The ingredients in Rapidlash include conditioners and hyaluronic acid for skin condition, plus a synthetic, not a chemical, version of the prostaglandin in Latisse and Lumigan. My skin is very sensitive and only experienced a slight itching the first few days of Rapidlash. I got the prescription for Latisse (prescribed with confidence by my eye doctor, knowing the condition of my eye - she said the eye death was not related) in the first place because I was developing a gap in the lashes of my right eye, because I had eyelashes growing in crookedly, turning under and poking my eyes, which was irritating. If I pulled them, I exacerbated the gap in my eyelash rows. I am glad I made the switch to Rapidlash and my eyelashes are healthy and dark, bump into my glasses, and with mascara you can see they reach my eyebrows. As another reviewer said, I can wear mascara now and skip the eyeliner. Instead of eyeshadow I use a highlighter cream shadow below my brows and mascara and my eyes pop. More importantly, my eyes are comfortable from no longer having rogue eye lashes and I'm not losing them from plucking the painful ones out. Rapidlash is also much safer. I recommend it wholeheartedly, but recommend you buy it at CVS or directly from the company. Every tube I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond had to be taken back as they had exceeded the manufacturer's use-by date. You can't tell until you open the package and see the manufacture date. That's why I only give the packaging a 4.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by anakay44

I had super high hopes for this. I really did. I read a lot of mixed reviews. Either really good or really bad, and I decided to take my chances. And honestly I swear I wish I could turn back time!!!
PLEASE if you have doubts, and if you have very sensitive skin THINK TWICE before using this. I never really considered myself very sensitive, but boyyy I was wrong. I was willing to use this for months through irritation and almost anything, but within 2 weeks it messed up my eyes. I would wake up with my eyes shut closed with "eye boogers," which wasn't too bad, but then they started getting a little red, which I didn't mind at all, but then they started getting itchyyyy. And I cannot resist the urge to scratch an eye itch, so I would rub my eyes for like 5 minutes straight which really messed them up. The rubbing would cause my lashes to fall off and break so using this stuff was counter productive for me. It's been over a month since I stopped using it and my eyes still get EXTREMELY itchy for no reason at all, and if I so much as touch them the itch returns. It is horrible.
IF YOU HAVE VERY SENSITIVE SKIN I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS AT ALL, WHATSOEVER. You have been warned.
If this works for you I'm so happy for you and I wholeheartedly hope the effect it had on me doesn't occur on anybody else.
..also the price is a no no for me

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No