Maybelline Color Sensational - Born With It

3.8

Lanolin Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Oleyl Erucate, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), PPG-5, Lanolin Wax, Acetylated Lanolin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Alumina, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylic Acid, Isobutyl Acrylate, Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Fragrance, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tin Oxide, Mel (Honey), Polyethylene Terephthalate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Pearl Powder, Dimethicone, May Contain (+/-):, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470)

on 3/8/2012 12:22:00 PM

Nice colour, a little bit too cool for warm skin tones. Pigmeneted enough if you go over your lips a few times. I don't like the glitter chunks though, they're a bit too big. This formula also dries out my lips a bit and clings to dry flakes.

on 3/3/2012 11:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I probably own 30-50 lipsticks, and I almost never re-purchase any particular shade because none of them knock my socks off-except this. It is a lovely light pink shade, creamy with a slight pearl finish. It is not frosty like the pinks I remember from the 80's, and leaves my lips looking fuller with it's light reflecting pigments. That being said, I think this shade is best suited to fair skin tones and should be applied with a light touch, as several coats would definitely look candy-pink and trashy. I don't even have to use lip liner with this shade, which I cannot say for any other lip product. I have already re-purchased once, and hope they never discontinue as this is the ONLY pink shade I have ever loved.

on 2/27/2012 10:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this product in general, but the color is almost the same as my lips, so a chapstick gives me the same effect. I really didn't like the almost glitter it has in it, it gave it kind of a rougher texture (to me).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Since this is supposed to be a dupe for MAC's Creme Cup, I couldn't wait to try it. I don't have Creme Cup, but have a lot of other MAC lipsticks and am always looking for a great dupe. I am not impressed by the color, scent, formulation, or staying power of Born With It, and because of this, will not be purchasing Maybelline lipsticks again.

on 1/18/2012 8:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of those rare products that would put me in tears if it were ever discontinued. I dread the thought of it! This one of my all-time favourite lipsticks because it's my lip colour but better. It's lasting power is slightly better than average (but there are longer lasting lipsticks out there) and it is nice and creamy. I wear this lipstick almost everyday. To all you cool-toned, fair skinned ladies, give this one a shot!

on 1/16/2012 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this colour is one of the most wearable frosty shades i have [the other one is beige glace from the old maybelline watershine line] so maybelline has been a winner in that stance as frosty shades usually look super ugly on me. that being said this shade is a bit sheer and just not that special. i'll keep using it as i like to vary my makeup but if i lost if i wouldn't feel the need to replace.
packaging is cute, i like how they have different colours caps so i can semi tell which lippie is which in my drawer since i have a few lippies from this line.
formula is lovely & i love the scent.

on 1/8/2012 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a just ok nude pink. Like all the other reviews I think its too glittery. There is not enough color payoff on me to make it worth putting on. Some say this is for cool tones some say for warm. I am a winter cool and this doesn't look good on me unless I have a lot of bronzer on.

on 1/5/2012 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I did a smokey gray/silver look for New Year's Eve and envisioned what color I wanted on my lips and remembered I had purchased this color on a whim...PERFECT!! Love the color, it's a beautiful, sweet, pink!! And unlike other reviews, I enjoy the scent.

on 11/6/2011 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a really nice baby pink color. It looked amazing swatched but on my lips the slight shimmer does not look too good. My lips are very pigmented and this lipstick is quite sheer so when I pack on the color all yOu really notice is a faint baby pink but a lot of shimmer which isn't flattering on me at all. Its okay but it's a bit on the pearly side for me :(

on 11/3/2011 7:25:00 PM

Would buy it again in a heartbeat. Love the baby pinky almost Barbie Doll but not quite cream light pink color. I swear this changes in certain lights; I guess you could say it was mercurial in that sometimes it appears to be pearly in some natural lights and then at other times, it looks completely matte and flat. Is very flattering on the lips and could be a good choice for light skin tones especially, not my fave in this collection but is sooo pretty and a very interesting color.

Popular Lipsticks