Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

on 8/16/2012 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

In general, I thought this was a great foundation. It made my skin very glowy and even, and I was super impressed... However, after just a few days of using it, I started to have really bad eye problems. My eyes were sore, red and itchy. Having changed nothing else in my beauty routine, I temporarily stopped using Bare Escentuals... and my eyes got better. I tried it again, and the same thing happened. I don't know if its to do with the oxides getting in my eyes, but as for being non irritating, it wasn't. For me at least.
I wouldn't let this put someone off trying it, however, I'm sure most people get on with it fine. All in all, it was a radiant looking, light feeling mineral foundation. Well worth the money you pay for it.

on 8/3/2012 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have just recently switched from 7 years of nothing but drug store makeup to high-end makeup. The bareMinerals SPF15 matte foundation set was my first high-end makeup purchase.

I have extremelyyy, insanely oily skin. On top of that, I have moderate acne (hereditary). So not only do I have a lot to cover on my face because of my acne, but I also have to find something that stays on my skin without sliding off in an hour because my skin is just that oily.

Whenever I went to the kiosk to seek help from a consultant about what would be best for my skin type, she suggested bareMinerals, the matte edition. I didn't know how well that would do for me, simply because I didn't think a powder foundation would be able to handle all of my acne. But after she dolled me up in the store, I was amazed by how flawless I looked. So, I was sold and bought the makeup kit, which includes with three brushes, the foundation, a blush, and the mineral veil all for $62 dollars (which is a lot for that price) and went on my merry way.

Then the next morning, when trying to apply it myself, it was just NOT working out. I kept trying over the next few days to make it work and it was just not happening for me. It was around that time of the month for me too, so my face was extra broken out. I think that is why I struggled so much with this product. With that being said, let me break down the major pro's and con's for those of you with suuuuuuuuuuper oily, acne filled faces looking into this product:

PROS:
-The products are great quality.
-You cannot feel any product on your skin what so ever.
-The kit comes with everything that you need.
-Can cover mild and small blemishes while still exposing natural face qualities like freckles and birthmarks.
-The packaging is very nice. Each container included (foundation, blush, mineral veil) has a twistable top on the actual container (I'm not talking about the twistable lid) which allows for easy trasport without having to worry about the loose powder coming out of the poke holes and thus loosing tons of product everytime you open the lid.

CONS:
-It will hide your imperfections, but only for about an hour until the oil starts to seep through. After that, everything on your face starts to show.
-Only kept my very oily face matte for about 2 1/2, maybe 3 hours (which is better than it was, but still not worth it for the lack of coverage I was getting).

I would suggest this foundation to someone who has normal to oily skin, NOT someone with super oily skin, and also someone who does not have a lot of imperfections they are wishing to hide. It is truly a great quality foundaiton, it just didn't work with my oiliness or acne.

xx jas.

on 7/27/2012 2:36:00 AM

One of the best foundations i have ever used.
The product is easy to use and doesn't cake up after the entire day. Looks natural and doesn't cause any outbreaks.

Pros
-Nice natural look
-Easy to use
-Price is reasonable
-No outbreaks
-A small pea size of foundation would be sufficient

Cons
-Packaging ( would love if they would come out with a more compact version- instead of having to bring the brush out)

I m using golden fair.

I never really got the rave with this foundation. The only good thing for me were the colors, they matched beautifully. However it was messy, and hard to get out. I have red cheeks, and acne, plus scars. Didnt cover them at all. Used a ton of product, and it just flaked on my VERY oily skin. It just did nothing for me. Wont repurchase.

I love BE foundation (original). I've tried all the other mineral make ups - from drugstore brand to other 'designer' brands and nothing works as well for me as Bare Escentuals. I just can't imagine going back to liquid foundation as the powder is so weightless. The only thing I don't like is the new packaging. Yes, it helps keep from spilling, but once you get down to the last couple of applications, it's tough to get out.

on 7/13/2012 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Ive reverted back to Bare Minerals Matte in Golden Med after using Nars Sheer Matte, MAC Studio Fix, & Benefit Oxygen. I was looking for something that lasted longer & matched my skin tone. I came close to Nars but its so expensive.

One reason why I reverted back to it was because I wanted to improve my skin. Ive suffered from breakouts and small bumps on my forehead. I believe that this and my new regime have greatly improved my skin and kept the acne and bumps away. Ive never been so happy with my skin.

I used the kabuki it came with and provides medium coverage. I love that it is a perfect color match. Because its a powder it doesn't have lasting properties and I do touch up halfway through my day.

on 6/30/2012 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have acne prone skin and although I love the coverage, its applies nicely and the color matched my skin great (I am latina and its often hard to find a shade that is not pink on my skin). BUT THIS MADE MY SKIN BREAKOUT and irritated it a little.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

when i first got this product, i really didnt like how it went on my face since it was my first time using a powder as a foundation and wheni started seeing little break outs here and there, i stopped using it completely. a year later, i decided to try it out again cause i really am so lazy to apply liquid foundation and wanted to try something more fresh and easy to apply. i got it in MATTE in light W15 and when i apply it, it looks like i dont have anything on. very light and clean but it definetly isnt a product to use for a night out but a running errands on a saturday morning type of makeup. i usually top it off with my laura mercier transculent powder for a finishing touch and its a perfect combination !

on 6/21/2012 6:26:00 PM

BareMinerals is the only foundation i use now and it has been for a few years, due to the fact it gives the coverage of a liquid foundation but is still light and doesn't feel sticky or oily. I find you do need to re-apply it once in the day because it is powder so wares off but definitley worth it because its quite quick to apply anyway. You can build up the coverage easily enough and its not bad for your skin so i love it!

I won't lie - I wanted so terribly to like bareMinerals, but it just hasn't clicked. I've tried both the matte and original versions of this foundation, both of which have not worked well for my skin at all. I have oily skin and relatively large pores, both of which are accentuated only an hour or two into wearing this. The original foundation matched my skin color flawlessly, and left a nice dewyness to my skin for the first half hour. But even with primer and a setting powder, it would settle into my pores and finest of facial lines after very little time had passed, and slick off at the slightest touch. It has a very thick, cakey feel as well, despite promising to feel light and breathable. The matte foundation is a bit better but oxidizes slightly, and all of the shades are far too orangey to begin with. This foundation may work better for those with small pores/few facial blemishes/dryer skin/who are only looking to minimize redness a bit. Anyone who straggles from that description, however, stay away, lest ye be smited by the face oil gods.