August 20, 2014 | 2148 users online

Foundations - Bare Escentuals - bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by underdreamskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has been my everyday foundation for the past year. It looks like my natural skin, never cakey or overdone. It provides medium coverage for my acne scarring, not quite as strong as I'd like but I feel safe knowing I am giving my skin the ability to breathe easily under this gentle stuff that does still even out my skin tone and make me look glow-y in a beautiful light-reflective way (not in an oily way of course!). For me, with the proper primer, this stays intact all day long.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by AnneMarie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

i used it till the end, i liked very much, and finally i had a foundation for my skin color!
I must say this is almost a HD foundation, and they don´t claim that :)
the only thing is that it might give a dry feeling for my skin in the end of the day... still i found it a great great foundation, with great ingredients :) thank you bare escentuals! ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Breezerr

I absolutley love this Product! I've been using it since 2005! I always try different Foundations because I am a make up adddict but no matter what i end up Going back to This! It is a must have in my Makeup kit! It goes on flawless, covers any flaws that I have(blemishes, couple acne scars) . Doesn't feel like I have make up on and I ALWAYS get compliments on my skin & people say they can't tell I'm wearing makeup! If used with a good primer ( I don't reccomended Primetime by bareminerals!!) it will last all day! It Controls my oils soo Well!! Most makeups bead up on my nose and look cakey if I'm outside in the heat but I've NEVER had that problem with This foundation! I do reccomended the mineral veil with this & the baremineral brushes to get the full effect! I never have to touch up like i do with liquids! Oh! & if I happen to fall asleep without washing my face WHICH IS BAD I KNOW, i dont break out!! If I do that with liquids- its guaranteed to give me a new blemish!!!! I Can't say enough good things about this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok here is the rub. I hate the feel of foundation on my skin, but my skin needs foundation.
This is where BM enters. Warm Deep is my closest shade and its good but it is not at HG status. U can spend ages building up the coverage to a medium coverage. But I'm a buff n go kinda girl.
Nice base for concealer application, at present I use FF covertone which needs a lot of blending but I digress.
Needs a primer to stay on skin, will need touch up after a few hours.
No acne flair ups or irritation. If u have exceptionally oily skin. Don't bother with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by J01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product. It is THE best foundation ever. You literally need a little bit to cover the whole of your face and neck. It gives a really natural look, I had so many compliments after using this foundation saying that my skin looked amazing. Once mentioning that I had foundation on alot of people were quite suprised. My sister however, didnt like this foundation as much as I did as she thought it didnt give enough coverage...she's used to using her MAC foundation which I find is really thick and you can tell you have foundation on which I hate. Bare Esccentuals lasts the whole day and you cant even feel that you have anything on...its really light and natural and apprently its good for your skin which is an added bonus. I love this foundation, the best thing ever !

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by austenraelene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this product and I didn't necessarily dislike it, I just didn't love it. It just didn't do much for me. It made me look quite dull. I think I am just looking for something with a more satiny or dewy finish rather than just the very matte look I got from this. It did make me break out, not sure if that was because my face just needed to get used to it or not bc I stopped using it within a few days. For someone who is looking for a more matte finish this product is probably really great. I may buy it again if I decide I want something matte and see if the break outs cease after a week or so but we'll see. It does hug the dry parts of the face so you do need a good moisturizer and/or primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by lissmorleyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I use my neautralizing primer then swirl tap buff onto my face. I adore this product teamed with my bareminerals face warmth and bareminerals mineral veil! Its so worth it, my mom never thought she could use it due to dry skin but its so different to a powder! I never thought it would give me enough coverage but it is simply perfect. I have also found its helped improve my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Megsaroo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I switched to bareMinerals several years ago (at least 6 years ago) from Revlon Colorstay and it is completely my HG foundation. However, it's definitely a hit or miss foundation - I have slightly dry/slightly oily skin depending on what cleanser I'm using and what time of year it is and while it looks and feels awesome on me, when my Mom and sister tried it, they weren't fans.

I find for me, my skin needs to be slightly oily (and/or moisturized) for it to "stick" to my skin. I've used different primers, but they seem to make it simply slide off my skin.

I've noticed that my skin definitely is healthier and I have only the occasional breakout since switching (which is amazing). I get compliments all the time about how glowing/dewy my skin looks and it's honestly because of this foundation. And yes, you MUST tap your brush off, otherwise it gets everywhere (I'm a rebel, I don't do the swirl :-P - just tap into the foundation, tap off, then buff)

My only complaints are: 1) I find it doesn't last all day - if I'm going out again at night, I definitely need to reapply (at least to any blemishes, under eye circles, etc) and 2) I HATE the container. I feel like I'm wasting so much because you can't get the last little bit out. (Especially when you figure out how many containers I've used in the last 6 years).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

By far my favorite mineral makeup. I bought the starter kit which can be a bit pricey, but it's a decent value for all that you are getting. Does not clog pores, does not look cakey, and provides a nice matte finish and great coverage. Sometimes I just use a little bit on top of BB cream in the winter for extra coverage, but in the summer during the daytime, I only use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by CharityGrace

I have been using BareMinerals for several years. I do have mildly oily skin (still at age 58!!!) but this works beautifully for just the right coverage and oil absorption giving me a nice finished look without looking "made up" or cake-y. It has helped reduce my pores significantly and has really improved the overall condition of my skin.

It is easy to apply once you get the hang of it. Make sure you work the minerals well into the brush. If you can see the minerals, you have to tap some of them off or it will get all over the place. It only took me a couple tries before I got it right. It is so quick and easy I can do my complete makeup including sculpting, blush, and eyes within 5 minutes.

Initially, it can seem pricey, but it lasts a very long time—way beyond the "use by" dates. So when I figure how much BareMinerals I've used vs other kinds of makeup, BareMinerals cost MUCH less in the long run.