April 18, 2014 | 930 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by youdecide18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this liquid eyeliner. Been using it for a year now. This product has great pigmentation and is easy to apply. I actually like this better than my wet-n-wild Mega Liquid Eyeliner since the brush is a bit thicker, so you could actually see the line. Unlike, the wet-n-wild one where the brush is really thin, so sometimes I have to double coat it to actually see the effects of the product. The only problem I have for this eyeliner is it doesn't last very long. It flakes off or smudges after 3-8 hours which is disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is going into the garbage. Every time I use it patches of the eyeliner disappear before the end of the day. And yes, I use UDPP and a base! Also about half of the time I've used this the normal hydration fluid in at least one of my eyes turns black and stings a little bit as the runny product creeps into the socket. I do not line my waterline or tightline with this, and I don't even line my lower lash line with this because I am so afraid of it running into my socket. Is it an operator error? Perhaps. I am a humble gal and my makeup skills while above average are always a work in progress. However, this has never happened to me before, and certainly not this consistently.

I added a second lippie because the brush is of A- quality. It is just the right length and stiffness. It does gradually narrow at the end but not enough to form a point. I like them to come to a point, but it wasn't an issue with this product as the ends did not separate and cause double application or anything. E.L.F., keep the brush but please improve upon this disaster of a formula!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by gagaglam03

This is the best liquid eyeliner for the amount of money you pay. Pros: the brush is really thin and it doesn't wear off during the day. Cons: do NOT rub your eyes while wearing it, it makes a mess all over your eye

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by meganxoxo1996

i bought this on a whim because i decided to start using liquid liners, and i thought a cheap one would be good to start with. the applicator is tiny and its easy to get a precise line, but it is sort of flimsy. i like a stiffer applicator generally. the liner is very black and pigmented. however, this liner wears away SO EASILY. i put it on my hand to test it and i rubbed it after it dried. i could pretty much make the liner disappear. the staying power on my eyes was also not very good, only 2-3 hours and in warm weather it could be gone within an hour. i will not repurchase and will be looking for better liquid eyeliners.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to review this product because I just realized how amazing it is. It somewhat fell into obscurity amongst my many makeup products; however, I believe that's because I have been taking for granted its great quality. I say that because it is an official staple black liquid liner that I use everyday with ANY eye look. For just $1 there is no way I can complain about its performance at all. The applicator tip offers good precision, it wears all day without fading, and defines my top lash line to give my eyes a very polished and refined appearance. So, again, for $1...there is no way to down grade this product for any reason. Compared to some other liquid liners (i.e. L'Oreal Infallible Super Slim~$10, Wet 'n' Wild~$3)...I'd say E.L.F. does a commendable job. Seeing as how liquid liners, like all makeup products, range greatly in price and quality, but regardless of which end of the spectrum u purchase from the ultimate mission is to get a great product that's is worth the $, and it's even more gratifying to get ur hands on something that exceeds expectations...this liner by E.L.F. encompasses all. Great value with exceptional quality.
~Adrienne Starr

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

I can't believe this has such low reviews! My HG liner is Revlon's liquid one, however, for $1 this is amazing! The lasting power is just as good. It may not be as dark black as Revlon's, but it is perfect for office days. Trace over the line with a matte black shadow to soften the look. It looks amazing!

It is WATERY, but that problem is EASILY solved by wiping it on the edge before applying. I don't know why people don't think of that. It is a natural and economical product. Not just for beginners, but for people that really know how to use makeup. I got a recommendation on it from a very talented makeup artist.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by doaa123

Very watery, takes forever to dry, and lasting power isn't that great. Good for beginners, especially since it's only a dollar.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I've really no complaints. I like the brush, it's very black don't need to go over it again and again. Doesn't run. Does take a lil bit to dry but no bigger and for a dollar, come on! I plan on going and buying more of these to stock up.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by chrononaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read the horrible reviews but thought "What the hell? It's only a dollar."

I tried to put it on the eyelid and it went...EVERYWHERE. Absolutely everywhere. It is so watery that it went to my waterline and i cried black tears.

Worst eyeliner ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

so I have just gotten into the whole eyeliner thing in the last six - eight months.I have really fair skin and redish brown hair with freckles so it takes a but of finesse to make it look good. I usually just tight line my upper lid with my black makeup forever aqua eyes waterproof pencil in black and if I want to be more dramatic I put a very thin line on my top lid. So since I usually only use it sparingly this eye liner was kind of intimidating. Also the fact that I suck at using liquid liner when I wear it to go out. I was pleasantly surprised. It applies super easily, the only thing is the formula is REALLY wet but hey it's "liquid" liner so I take a bit off the brush on the rim of the container kind of like you would with nail polish, this also adjusts the bristles on the brush so you can achieve a thinner or thicker line. My first impression was I loved it. The only thing was when I went to the bathroom during calculus, I had some smudging underneath which is not normal for me I have never had anything smudge and it was the inky thing in my face that had changed. It wasn't much at all though and it was mid day so I may have done it from rubbing my eye or something. I would still definitely re purchase :-)