August 20, 2014 | 1805 users online

Blush - NARS - Desire

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I need to be very careful when applying this as it's amazingly long-lasting and pigmented. Shows up as a vibrant matte reddish pink on me, and I find it best for evening use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great blush. I'm an NW20 and normally wear Deep Throat by NARS and I wanted to try something a little different this time. I saw Desire in the pan and was a little intimidated by the look of the blush (crazy pink). The makeup artist applied it at Murale and I was blown away at how fresh it looks on my cheek bones. Just make sure that you tap off the access after sweeping with the brush because it will look over kill if you over apply. Try this! You will love!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by kiki005us

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

wow, what a beautiful blush! I am NW 15 and this pink blush looks great with my skin tone. It is very pigmented, so i had to use a light hand and rub some of the blush off my brush to avoid looking like a clown. This is very quickly becoming one of my favorties blushes in my stash. i actually own quite alot of blushes, so it will take me quite a while to hit pan with this, so I don't think i will repurchase anytime soon, unless Nars decided to discontiue it for some reason. In that case i would definatley buy a back-up of this. So pretty!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Desire is a BRIGHT matte pink. I would say it is blue based but it isn't that cool toned really, more to the medium side of blue based... It is very easy to overapply with this one, I usually use a Mac 187 and blend well - this gives a pretty pink flush on my NW20 skin. Would repurchase but because I use so little of it every time I don't think I will ever even hit pan to be honest!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting this for a while now..finally i decided to get it and I dont regret it one bit!!! I love this bubble gum pink is so bright is so awsome..it looks scary but a little goes a long way if you blend it just right it looks gorgeous! for reference im an NC40 and Syracusse in Nars

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by suziepookie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a big fan of this colour, it's too warm and bright on my skin, even applied with a light hand it makes me look a bit ruddy. I was after a more bluer-toned pink than Mata Hari, but this wasn't it. I'm going to stick to Illamasqua from now on - much better range of blue-pinks.

The texture is lovely though and it's very pigmented and blendable. But the thing that impressed me most about it was the staying power. I tested it just before going swimming (in a chlorinated pool) and was amazed that it was still on my face when I got out (I do put my head under in case you were wondering!). Obviously if you rubbed your face it would probably come off, but that's not bad going.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by xxbabydollxx

NC40 right here. This blush is so flattering year round but absolutely stunning during the spring time! It looks like a shocking bright pink in the pan but fear not, its very wearable the key is to use a strippling brush( very important brush with any nars blush !!) This blush gives you a very believable flush of color like a little dolls blush :) if you will. I couldnt imagine this color looking bad on anybody but if you overapply you *will* look like a clown! Very pigmented and best staying -power of any blushes Ive ever owned .. NARS rules with their blushes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by JulieRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This blush is very flattering on my NC25 skin. Its a perfect fuschia color and applies beautifully. Recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by ladymakeupfan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush, it is such a fun color in the pan, a fuscia pink, so it called to me upon first sight, although I did steer away from it since I own sooo many blushes including MAC Dollymix, MAC Pink Swoon and ELF Pink Passion to name a few. This is somehow different though, it is very light in application and I don't even use a 187 brush for it, I am NC35 for reference. It is just gorgeous! It is not powdery at all! So you pay for quality with this. Now don't get me wrong I love my ELF Pink Passion, so if you don't want to spend the money only this and want a pretty “pink cheek” I suggest going the cheaper route, however it is NOT a dupe for NARS Desire. I would say MAC Pink Swoon is closer to ELF. I think this also would flatter most skin tones very well. ;)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by nukacola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In the pan, this blush is positively terrifying! I got this in a swap and wasn't anticipating it to be so neon. Thankfully, when applied properly, this gives a lovely, surprisingly natural looking flush to my cheeks. As with all NARS blushes, it is extremely pigmented so you must use a light hand to ensure you don't look like a clown. I personally tap a duo fibre brush into the pan and stipple it on very lightly and this provides a perfect application. I'd happily buy this again, but I doubt I'll ever run out as you only need a very tiny amount each time!