NARS Desire

4.5

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Red 34 Lake, Red 36 Lake, Red 36, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Aluminum Powder, Red 7]

on 6/4/2012 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I don't know why it has taken me so long to review this blush. I had this blush for almost 6 months, give or take and I have to say that it doesn't look as shocking on my face as it does in the pan. But for the record, I am dark complexioned (MAC NW45/46/47/50, NARS Benares/Trinidad, Iman Earth 3/5, Revlon Cappuccino/Mahogany, Mary Kay 607/708, etc) so my skin tone can handle the bright electric blushes. For those who are in the same color family as I am, this a cutesy pink without looking like a caricature babydoll (you know what I am mean). IMO one the most suitable pinks from the NARS line of blushes I have tried. I haven't tried Angelika nor Mata Hari but I will get Mata Hari during the next sale at Sephora *lol*.

on 5/25/2012 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I need to be very careful when applying this as it's amazingly long-lasting and pigmented. Shows up as a vibrant matte reddish pink on me, and I find it best for evening use.

on 5/13/2012 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great blush. I'm an NW20 and normally wear Deep Throat by NARS and I wanted to try something a little different this time. I saw Desire in the pan and was a little intimidated by the look of the blush (crazy pink). The makeup artist applied it at Murale and I was blown away at how fresh it looks on my cheek bones. Just make sure that you tap off the access after sweeping with the brush because it will look over kill if you over apply. Try this! You will love!

on 5/7/2012 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

wow, what a beautiful blush! I am NW 15 and this pink blush looks great with my skin tone. It is very pigmented, so i had to use a light hand and rub some of the blush off my brush to avoid looking like a clown. This is very quickly becoming one of my favorties blushes in my stash. i actually own quite alot of blushes, so it will take me quite a while to hit pan with this, so I don't think i will repurchase anytime soon, unless Nars decided to discontiue it for some reason. In that case i would definatley buy a back-up of this. So pretty!

on 5/4/2012 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Desire is a BRIGHT matte pink. I would say it is blue based but it isn't that cool toned really, more to the medium side of blue based... It is very easy to overapply with this one, I usually use a Mac 187 and blend well - this gives a pretty pink flush on my NW20 skin. Would repurchase but because I use so little of it every time I don't think I will ever even hit pan to be honest!

on 4/12/2012 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been wanting this for a while now..finally i decided to get it and I dont regret it one bit!!! I love this bubble gum pink is so bright is so awsome..it looks scary but a little goes a long way if you blend it just right it looks gorgeous! for reference im an NC40 and Syracusse in Nars

on 4/9/2012 10:07:00 AM

Not a big fan of this colour, it's too warm and bright on my skin, even applied with a light hand it makes me look a bit ruddy. I was after a more bluer-toned pink than Mata Hari, but this wasn't it. I'm going to stick to Illamasqua from now on - much better range of blue-pinks.

The texture is lovely though and it's very pigmented and blendable. But the thing that impressed me most about it was the staying power. I tested it just before going swimming (in a chlorinated pool) and was amazed that it was still on my face when I got out (I do put my head under in case you were wondering!). Obviously if you rubbed your face it would probably come off, but that's not bad going.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

NC40 right here. This blush is so flattering year round but absolutely stunning during the spring time! It looks like a shocking bright pink in the pan but fear not, its very wearable the key is to use a strippling brush( very important brush with any nars blush !!) This blush gives you a very believable flush of color like a little dolls blush :) if you will. I couldnt imagine this color looking bad on anybody but if you overapply you *will* look like a clown! Very pigmented and best staying -power of any blushes Ive ever owned .. NARS rules with their blushes

on 3/23/2012 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This blush is very flattering on my NC25 skin. Its a perfect fuschia color and applies beautifully. Recommend it.

on 2/22/2012 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I love this blush, it is such a fun color in the pan, a fuscia pink, so it called to me upon first sight, although I did steer away from it since I own sooo many blushes including MAC Dollymix, MAC Pink Swoon and ELF Pink Passion to name a few. This is somehow different though, it is very light in application and I don't even use a 187 brush for it, I am NC35 for reference. It is just gorgeous! It is not powdery at all! So you pay for quality with this. Now don't get me wrong I love my ELF Pink Passion, so if you don't want to spend the money only this and want a pretty “pink cheek” I suggest going the cheaper route, however it is NOT a dupe for NARS Desire. I would say MAC Pink Swoon is closer to ELF. I think this also would flatter most skin tones very well. ;)

Popular Blush Products