October 31, 2014 | 1623 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is everything I hate in a mascara....thick (not in a good way), clumpy, messy brush that applies too much product and contributes to the clumpy effect. I'm not one of those people who wants her lashes to look like bottle brushes; I like them to look believably "natural" but a bit longer, darker, thicker and each lash more defined. NOT at all what I get with this mascara.

UPDATE: Liking this somewhat better now that it seems to be drying out a bit. I still need to brush through with a dry spoolie or eye lash comb and using the comb actually prompted me to try one of Wayne Goss's techniques for great natural looking lashes. He recommends running the mascara wand over a lash comb (one with metal teeth - I use the Tweezerman one) and then using the comb to apply the mascara. While the comb itself looks lethal (take your time and be careful) the results are fabulous especially if, like me, you don't want that "bottle brush" effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Napeshni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Clumpy. Brush pulls way too much product. I bought the water proof. Ill stick with MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by fridanordlund

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh my god! I can't believe this mascara has gotten so many bad reviews, when it's actually super! This mascara i absolutely fabolous! I bought this on my trip to Paris, France and I use it almost every day.

PROS
- It doesn't smudge.
- Gives lots of volume even if you don't curl your lashes.
- Holds the curl.
- Stays on ALL day.
- Doesn't flake.
- Easy to remove.
- Gives lots of length.
- Thickens lashes.
- Separates well.
- Beautiful, black colour.

CONS
- Can give some clumps.
- A bit expensive.

This mascara is really show-stopping and does wonders for your lashes. I couldn't believe the results when I first tried it on! You get wonderful, false-like lashes. If you are going for the natural look, this is not the mascara for you. Overall, it's a great mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by MeikoSama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara worked great for the first week I opened it and was very volumizing. However after one week it became very goopy and make my lashes look very spidery with even one coat! Pretty sure I was closing it tight so maybe just the way the formula is as it starts to dry. With the price, not worth just using for a week unfortunately so won't repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Indrii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This was awful! It clumped like nothing before! And yes it was drama, but not in a positive way. I'm gonna throw it right away. And it was were expensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

There are 2 things I don't like about this mascara...the brush and the smell. It has a very floral/rosy scent which hung around long after applying. I really loved the volume and length it gave my lashes though. The only reason I would not repurchase is the high price tag.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by emaj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Lancôme Hypnose. I bought drama hoping for something...well, a bit more dramatic. The formula itself is good. The brush is a bit tricky to use (use it in a u shape then flip) but the bad thing is that WAY too much product gets on the brush - it clumps horribly and I end up wasting so much of it combing it or scooping it off the brush. I have taken to dipping my old Dior wand into the tube and using that - which somehow doesn't get way overcoated in product. If you look at photo number 3, that girls lashes are exactly what mine turn out like when I use the overcoated brush. If you like that look you will love this product. If you want a less clumpy look, it takes work and isn't worth it - buy something else. For reference my faves are Dior show, Lancôme Hypnose and benefit they're real.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My lashes are really long but unfortunately they're also thin. This is one of the only mascaras that gives me so much length and volume! At first I thought the brush was weird but as I experimented around it, it definitely paid off. Plus if you spend $2 more you get the new Lancome Show packaging which isn't really needed but it just looks cuter. Another plus is that the formula is I guess you could say more wet or moisturizing so it's easier to remove without tugging or losing lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by fellameow123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thank god I didn't buy this for myself.

This mascara does not boost volume in anyway. It just darkens lashes and leaves clumps.

Someone bought this for me from Sephora's for $20 and it was not worth the price.. I'd say its more of a $4 mascara.

No not recommended. I wanted VOLUME and DARKNESS not just darkness. Plus clumps really? They need to work on this product..

Two stars.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by AS437

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first tried this mascara after receiving a sample from a gift with purchase from the Lancome counter. The sample was amazing and I decided to try the full sized product after I was finished with the smaller size. For some reason, the full-sized version was not nearly as good as the sample I received. Firstly, the formula was very wet and it clumped by lashes together. Secondly, I wasn't able to build/layer this mascara. If I managed to get my first coat on nicely (which was less than half the times I used it), the second coat was a mess. The brush was ok, but didn't seem to help with the clumping issue (I think it was a formula problem anyway and completely unrelated to the brush). I honestly don't know if I just received a bad tube or if that is supposed to be the consistency of the product. I tried it out for two months, thinking that maybe it would dry out a bit with use and work as well as the sample size did for me, but sadly this was not the case. Either way, it was not worth the money for me. I have had far better results with other brands. It's a shame because I really wanted to like it and the original sample I had received was fabulous.