July 29, 2014 | 1503 users online

Lip Gloss - Wet 'n' Wild - Natural Wear Lip Shimmer

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by renemy

I had really high expectations for this product and it really disappointed me. It dried out my lips terribly and left them peeling and cracked.
I chose Tart 101, which was much closer to the cap clor than I was expecting from reviews. It's sort of a darker pecj with a bit of copper and pink thrown it. Sligtly darker than the cap. It was relly awful on though. It turned hot pink and somehow orange on me. Combine that with peeling, flaking lips and it was a disaster.
What I did like about this was that it was cheap ($1.18 on sale), the light mint tingle, and the initial feeling on the lips when it's first applied.
most of the reviews seem to be favorable so maybe I'm just sensitive to something in this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Marchoiness88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Its moist, sheer, adds a beautiful hint of color and it lasts a good while...the only problem is that the lipstick can get jammed in the tube and doesn't want to go down so you'll have to push it with your finger...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by TRACYwashere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in the color Sugar, a light pink. I really like it! When I first put it on it's kind of minty but that goes away. I got it on sale & would buy again!
EDIT: This is just too frosty. It really has to be toned down for it to look wearable. Pretty color but the frost just ruins it for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by deedeetaylor8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would say this is definitely a very good product. At $2.99 CAD, it was probably the cheapest tinted lip balm I've ever seen. Not only that, but the pigmentation is crazy! It's pretty much like wearing a lipstick! I bought mine in Tarte, which is a peach/coral colour with red undertones. I only took one lippie off because I don't like this colour, as it looks a bit too orange for my liking. I am, however, planning on trying this in Nutmeg and Spice, and I will edit this review once I get those. As for how the product feels, it's relatively smooth, kind of between a lip balm and lipstick. Having "shimmer" in the product name is quite deceptive, as there is hardly shimmer at all (just a tad). It also has a minty smell/feel, so if you're not fond of that, you won't like this. Definitely a product worth every penny! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

these are so surprisingly good and well made. these do not stain the outside of my lips after it wears off which was shocking to me. this do not dry out my lips and come in a variety of pretty shades! awesome! oh and did i mention they are dirt cheap? what can i say, wet n wild continues to impress me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by AngelJoanna123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I got this because it was 50% off, so it was only a dollar. I bought because with such a low price I figured I had nothing to lose. I bought tart because I wanted a sort of peachy pink color. The color wasn't like the cap to much but I still liked it. If you do want to be sure of the color I would suggest you go to the website and look at the colors: http://wnwbeauty.com/Product.php?Pid=49 . I think the color was nice, but make sure you don't press to hard or it might be to much color. The product was great and is very nice on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by daisyb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Tart, #101. Like most of the reviewers, I thought I was buying something that would be sheer. I wanted something that would add a little fresh, natural color to my lips. The color is not very similar to the cap at all. On my olive-y skin and pale lips, it came out like the color of a creamsicle. Not flattering. It had a nice mint tingle, but that faded rather quickly, and it dried my lips out quickly too, along with the color fading out. I would like to try another color, but it would be hard to since the caps don't seem to match the actual product at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by makeupgirl1515

I bought this in spice. I thought it would be sheer and shimmery, something that would boost my natural lip color without being too obvious. It actually turned out to be fairly pigmented (more pigmented than most of wnw's cheapest lipstick line) and non-shimmery. And I love it! It is slightly minty like burt's bees, but not as strong. And it seems to be moisturizing! I loooove it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by jldroz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love lip balm and gloss products (not really a lipstick person to begin with), and was looking for a brownish/bronzy balm. The cap to the Nutmeg color resembled what I was looking for but the color is completely different. It has more of a reddish tone to it. Also, it does wear like a lipstick, very heavy. I didnt find it very moisturizing at all - more drying than anything. The mint smell was too strong and distracting. I wiped it off within 5 minutes of putting it on. I only used it once and put it up for swap.

Although this wasnt for me, if your looking for a lipstick-like product at a cheap price this is perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by rasberryrose

Will update this review as I just bought it in Berry today. Ingredients list looked pretty good, not fragrances nor parabens. On me the color is kinda like how my lips look after drinking red wine. A deepish purply-pink-rosy shade. The packaging is also quite cute.
edit:5/23/10. this color really isn't as dark as I thought, still a nice color. It does wear off quickly, but it is cheap. I will be looking at silk naturals' lipsticks.
edit: 7/4/2010- I lost this and didn't even miss it until I saw some other ones in store.