October 25, 2014 | 1053 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Superstay

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by moomoofarm101

I love this concealer. I use it for under my eyes every morning and it rivals my amazing cosmetics amazing concealer. It works better with a concealer brush. Mine is pur minerals but bare minerals makes the same one. I love this stuff. I would recommend it to anyone who has under eye circles. a little goes a long way but you can also build up the coverage. I have a shade that's a little to light for me so under my eyes it does wonders. Not so good on blemishes but if it were darker probably. So if you are looking for a good quality concealer with out the high price tag, and trust me, i know my expensive concealers, buy this stuff. seriously. p.s. packaging=not bad. a little bit of cracking in the top but it is in my bag all the time so can't blame them.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by I_Smell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got the Maybelline SuperStay 24H Concealer in '02 Light'. Here in Europe it only comes in two shades, the second being '03 Medium.' The tube holds 7.5 ml (0.25 fl. oz) and is priced at € 9 ($ 12.50) here. It's hands down *the* best concealer I've ever found, and the only one that manages to conceal fully *without* settling into my fine lines (if you set it with powder). To my surprise it looks very natural and never cakey. I find it comparable to corrective foundations Vichy Dermablend and La Roche Posay Toleriane, the differences being that it looks more natural, gives even better coverage and is easier to work with. Also, the Maybelline concealer colors seem more neutral; less yellow/pink toned, and don't run as dark, at least in Europe. Another difference is that the Maybelline concealer doesn't cling half as bad to any dry area's.
It's *extremely* opaque and pigmented, so the tiniest little bit will go a long way, which makes it more economical than it might seem at first glance. In fact, it's somewhat challenging to avoid getting too much on your brush or finger, lol. I mostly prefer a warm finger for blending, BTW.
It has the perfect consistency: not too runny or too thick. It does feel a bit sticky when you've just applied it, but that feeling totally disappears as soon as it's dry and set with powder. It does dry extremely quick, so you'll have to blend it in immediately. On blemishes I just dab and pat it in right away, then move to another spot and repeat. When you're done, you can be sure it won't come off until you *take* it off. To my big surprise it doesn't budge on my combo skin, not even to the gym or on muggy days!
To conceal the large red patches on my cheeks, I apply a small dot and quickly blend out with a foundation brush, alternating between patting and stroking. This gives me the most natural finish, and it's amazing how little you need to cover large area's.
'Light' is a neutral light beige (way more neutral than their Superstay foundations, which are all pink or yellow toned) and a perfect match to my fair skin with pink undertones. It melts invisibly into my skin, leaving a matte finish behind, and does a wonderful job for every imaginable imperfection: under eye circles, redness, discolorations, acne scars, blemishes, hyper pigmentation/melasma, etc. Very prominent blemishes might require an additional layer, but even then it won't look cakey.
I've worn this with Maybelline SuperStay 24H Foundation on top, and with just powder. Under both circumstances the concealer didn't budge. If I set it with powder it doesn't settle into my fine lines, not even in the under eye area. I prefer a more salmon toned liquid concealer for my red/purple under eye circles though, because I find an even runnier consistency a little easier to work with in this sensitive area (I use Garnier Cafeďne Roller Anti-dark circles in shade 'Light Skin'. It's fab: check out my review if you're interested).
The packaging of the Maybelline Superstay 24H Concealer does look a bit cheap IMO, especially for the not so cheap price (considering the small amount of product you get), but as long as it works I'm happy. And I love that the tube is designed in such a way that the product doesn't end up all over the opening: I hate to waste product and dislike messy, leaky packaging.
All in all I can highly recommend this concealer: it covers extremely well without creasing, and despite the fact that it dries so quickly, I find it easier to work with than a cream or stick concealer. Amazing, amazing product!

*UPDATE*: after only a few days (!) of use, the product starts to separate in the tube, and no amount of shaking or poking will get rid of it. It's getting all pink, white, beige and blotchy. WTF?! I do take the wand out for a few minutes every morning, maybe that has something to do with it? I have to keep it stand-by though, because only this way I'm able to blend it in quick enough before it dries, which is almost immediately! I have large red area's on my cheeks, that require a fair amount of blending. If I apply a small glob and take the time to stick it back into the tube before I start blending, the product will already be dry and impossible to blend.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by slacamoire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the fact that I have been using this for about a year now, I am not thrilled with it. I am actually on MakeUp Alley right now trying to find a new concealer! While it gives me good coverage that stays on for a decent amount of time, it settles into the fine lines under my eyes, and I really don't like that. Also, every time I buy this product, it eventually separates into three colors in the tube. I would be curious to hear if this has happened to anyone else!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Queenofskate

Besides for the little bit of trouble finding my shade,
I do believe this is my favorite drugstore concealer!

I love Maybelline's face concealers in general, but for me, the double face perfecter was a bit too rich for my skin. It covered really well though! ( Not always covering my acne scars, which was fine since my acne scars can be QUITE difficult to cover, but definitely build able)

Maybelline's mineral power concealer was alright, it was good for oily skin and underneath the eyes, but the lasting power and coverage was more suited for people with minor flaws and not heavy acne scarring.

SOOOOOO maybelline superstay :)
covers amazingly well, lasts all day and will not budge. I set it with maybelline dream matte powder and I really don't have to touch up all day. It does require some blending as the color is a tad light for me now that I"m a little more tan in the summer. I would buy another shade but their shades are kind of hard to....figure out so I"ll just blend away :)

LOVE THIS.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by italiagirl007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

oh my god I love this. I was using maybelline's mineral power concealer before this, and I thought that was the best. However I couldn't find a dark enough shade of that to match my new tan. So I tried this, and I'm so glad. It covers my super dark circles perfectly and stays all day without budging. I even kept it on for soccer when it was 100 degrees out, it still covered pretty well! I personally don't have a problem with blending. I just dot a few circles under my eye, then quickly pat it in before moving to the next eye. No problem. I totally recommend this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by summerqt717

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. This product is better then any other drug store concealers I've used! I will keep buying this over and over again :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by GlaMourFloWer

I dont like this very much. Dont get me wrong it does what its suppose to do which is conceal its full coverage. The reason I don't like it is it is very difficult to blend, once its on it doesn't seem to want to move. They also don't have a good color selection. Wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by stephiie24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great concealer and i now regret buying studio sculpt by mac as this is WAY better. I have oily acne prone skin but i dont like wearing foundation everyday so i just use this to conceal spots and under eyes. Its full coverage, long lasting and build-able. I cannot recommend this product enough and its super cheap, plus in an easy to use liquid form. I apply with the wand then blend with a foundation brush =]
One thing it is sticky like most long lasting face products but a dusting of mac msf natural and its fine
love it =]

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by LizabethhA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't think I would buy this product again unless I find out that an eye primer will help. I watched countless reviews of it on youtube and they seemed great but it creases and DOES settle into fine lines! And I'm only 18 years old. I plan on going out in a few days when I have the money and buying a different concealer as well as a primer, I suppose I'll try that along with this concealer to see how that works but as of now I won't be purchasing that again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by missandix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wrote a really nice review on this a few months ago, but I have changed my mind 180 degrees after using shiseido concealer for a few months.
This product dries way too fast, it has ruined many concealer brushes that I didn't wash immediately after use. It is very drying and emphasizes fine lines (I'm only 20!). It can look kind of blotchy sometimes. It is very hard to blend and gives a dull, dry look to the under eye area.
The coverage is good though.