April 20, 2014 | 933 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Redness Soothing Facial Wash gel

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by tela096

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product and find it better than the original and pink grapefruit because it doesn't dry out my skin like those two did. I will say that I do not like the consistency of it because its somewhat runny so when I lather it up with water, it doesn't foam up as well like the original. I don't really see a difference for redness relief but what keeps me sticking to this is that its more gentle on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleanser based on all the excellent reviews. I ran out of my previous facial cleanser, which was fragrance -free, and I had no problems what so ever with, except for the price. So after reading reviews, I headed out to cvs and picked this up. I've been using it for two months now. I've always had a little redness on my cheeks, and this cleanser hasn't done much to help it. Yes, it's more gentle than the other neutrogena gel cleansers, but the fragrance in this is so strong (smells like ammonia to me), it's irritating my skin. I'm starting to get splotchy red patches again. So, back to my old fragrance- free cleanser I go. If neutrogena ever- made a fragrance- free version, I would be all over it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by niakelly

After trying other neutrogena acne/deep clean face washes, this is my new favorite. I've been using it for 2 weeks and I wasn't very "red" to begin, but it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin like the others. I've used it once a day and it's definitely not as drying.
The smell is not as medicinal as the normal acne wash but not as yummy as the grapefruit wash. It's also not as "thick" out of the pump as the others, so I don't use it in the shower.
Overall I am very happy with this facewash and will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by seasplash

This is great cleanser. I originally bought this for my boyfriend who normally would use his Irish Spring on his face and Iwanted him to try something more gentle in the winter. I used it once in the shower and have been using it in the mornings ever since. It doesn't dry me out since it doesn't contain sodium laureth sulfate (I run away screaming from this ingredient) is calming due to chamomile and aloe and the menthol in it leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean. I still use my other cleansers at night, but this has become a staple to use in the shower. EDIT: I am changing my rating to 4 stars as this is proving a little drying for me. It's winter and my skin is super dry, however. My boyfriend still likes it a lot.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 3:23:00 AM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Do Not buy this! It is by far the worst face wash I've ever had. The smell ALONE was was enough to make me throw it away. I'm not kidding... It had a awful strong chemical smell like hair dye or hair bleach. The first day I used it I did a double-take at the bottle to make sure it was face wash. I'm shocked that Neutrogena would make such a terrible smelling face wash. Seriously I think someone at their factory must have mixed in a wrong chemical in the manufacturing process. As for soothing any redness I did not notice any difference in my complexion. Although I only used it for 1 week, but that was all I could handle. If you were considering buying this I would seriously reconsider!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by ksaa91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this product sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate this one, I love the pinkgrape fruit it does the best job.

anyway this product does not reduce any kind of redness, is substance is so much more watery than the other flavors than this product, and it does not even help to remove acne!! The pinkgrape fruit one is amazing i think because it does the best at helping to reduce acne...

I had this green one at my dorm and my acne was not reducing the slightest bit, so i got home for the week and use my pink grapfruit one and it reduces it right away.

I personally would not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this two times and already notice a dramatic reduction in my cheek/tip of nose/chin redness. I'm very impressed! I set aside my concealer today because there was no redness to conceal! My skin also is a bit clearer than it was before I used this, but I don't know if I'd say it's because of this cleanser; I think my latest breakout was already clearing up to begin with. I agree with the previous reviewer that this cleanser has a strong scent and makes my skin smoother but a little dry, so from now on, I'll probably use it only once a day or maybe every other day. I'm hoping that this continues to work for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by turquoiserose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just started using this again about a week or two ago. I used it a few months ago then stopped, because I thought it was breaking me out. I think it must have been something else. It seems to be clearing my skin up for the most part. I guess it's clearing up redness. I don't have too much problem with that. My skin does seem smoother, but it's a little drier than I'd like. Especially around my mouth. Also the scent is a bit stronger than I like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleanser for my bf who has normal to oily skin (oilier in t-zone). He still gets breakouts sometimes- mostly on his forehead from wearing hats all the time. He has been using it for about a month and it has done a great job of clearing his skin. He does rotate this cleanser with Panoxyl 2.5% bp cleanser so it's not soley responsible for his purdy skin:) He uses Neutrogena cleanser in the morning and PanOxyl at night. This combination of cleansers is working well for him. Will repurchase if it continues to perform.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by twig117

I tend to have acne prone skin with redness on my forehead, cheeks, and chin. This facial wash does help in that it reduces both pimples and redness for about the first two months. After that, my skin adjusts to the facial wash and it becomes ineffective so I plan on leaving this product for a while before coming back to it. It has a nice scent, and one pump is really enough to use on your entire face.