Neutrogena Oil-Free Redness Soothing Facial Wash gel

3.2

on 2/7/2010 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Packaging: I though the packaging on this was nothing special but it got the job done. The pump cant be closed, which i liked so when i traveled it didn't spill every where.
Price: I believe that i payed between 7-8 dollars for it at target
The product: I have dry skin with redness on my checks, over the summer I started to get a more breakouts then I normally get so I though this cleanser would help, and it only made things worse.
The first week or so i really like it, it cleaned by face and made it feel refreshed. But after about a week my face seemed to get really dry and was breaking out like crazy. After about a month of use I realized it was the cleaner that was causing it so stopped using it.
Fastforward to last week and I was out of cleanser, I was digging around in my bathroom and fount this so I though what the hell there is only a little bit left I'll give it another go. BAD IDEA, after only 2 days my skin was super dry, really red and I had about 5 new blemishes.
Other reviews commented on the smell, i personally didn't love it or hate it, I though it smelled a bit medicine like. What I did find unusually was the texture the first week or two i used this the texture was jell like, it was like rubbing green jello on my face (lol) but after that it started to get more and more liquid like.
BOTTOM LINE: If your skin is dry or sensitive i don't think this is the cleanser for you.

on 2/7/2010 3:09:00 PM

I bought this product because it had everything i wanted to get rid of for my skin. This product did not do the job. It was practically like water to my skin. I still get lots and lots of acne and I still have redness on my skin. I sometimes use it in the morning and I've always used it in the shower. I've had this product for about 2 months now and I still use it because I dont really have anything else. Also, i found tht its good for removing makeup, just not under the eyes like in your waterline because it is really runny and will get into your eyes and will burn them. Trust me, I've had that happen to me many times before. But overall, I wouldn't buy this product again.

on 1/30/2010 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really like this product and find it better than the original and pink grapefruit because it doesn't dry out my skin like those two did. I will say that I do not like the consistency of it because its somewhat runny so when I lather it up with water, it doesn't foam up as well like the original. I don't really see a difference for redness relief but what keeps me sticking to this is that its more gentle on my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I bought this cleanser based on all the excellent reviews. I ran out of my previous facial cleanser, which was fragrance -free, and I had no problems what so ever with, except for the price. So after reading reviews, I headed out to cvs and picked this up. I've been using it for two months now. I've always had a little redness on my cheeks, and this cleanser hasn't done much to help it. Yes, it's more gentle than the other neutrogena gel cleansers, but the fragrance in this is so strong (smells like ammonia to me), it's irritating my skin. I'm starting to get splotchy red patches again. So, back to my old fragrance- free cleanser I go. If neutrogena ever- made a fragrance- free version, I would be all over it.

on 1/27/2010 9:09:00 AM

After trying other neutrogena acne/deep clean face washes, this is my new favorite. I've been using it for 2 weeks and I wasn't very "red" to begin, but it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin like the others. I've used it once a day and it's definitely not as drying.
The smell is not as medicinal as the normal acne wash but not as yummy as the grapefruit wash. It's also not as "thick" out of the pump as the others, so I don't use it in the shower.
Overall I am very happy with this facewash and will buy it again.

on 1/25/2010 3:25:00 PM

This is great cleanser. I originally bought this for my boyfriend who normally would use his Irish Spring on his face and Iwanted him to try something more gentle in the winter. I used it once in the shower and have been using it in the mornings ever since. It doesn't dry me out since it doesn't contain sodium laureth sulfate (I run away screaming from this ingredient) is calming due to chamomile and aloe and the menthol in it leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean. I still use my other cleansers at night, but this has become a staple to use in the shower. EDIT: I am changing my rating to 4 stars as this is proving a little drying for me. It's winter and my skin is super dry, however. My boyfriend still likes it a lot.

on 1/19/2010 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Do Not buy this! It is by far the worst face wash I've ever had. The smell ALONE was was enough to make me throw it away. I'm not kidding... It had a awful strong chemical smell like hair dye or hair bleach. The first day I used it I did a double-take at the bottle to make sure it was face wash. I'm shocked that Neutrogena would make such a terrible smelling face wash. Seriously I think someone at their factory must have mixed in a wrong chemical in the manufacturing process. As for soothing any redness I did not notice any difference in my complexion. Although I only used it for 1 week, but that was all I could handle. If you were considering buying this I would seriously reconsider!

on 1/17/2010 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

this product sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate this one, I love the pinkgrape fruit it does the best job.

anyway this product does not reduce any kind of redness, is substance is so much more watery than the other flavors than this product, and it does not even help to remove acne!! The pinkgrape fruit one is amazing i think because it does the best at helping to reduce acne...

I had this green one at my dorm and my acne was not reducing the slightest bit, so i got home for the week and use my pink grapfruit one and it reduces it right away.

I personally would not buy this product again.

on 1/14/2010 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used this two times and already notice a dramatic reduction in my cheek/tip of nose/chin redness. I'm very impressed! I set aside my concealer today because there was no redness to conceal! My skin also is a bit clearer than it was before I used this, but I don't know if I'd say it's because of this cleanser; I think my latest breakout was already clearing up to begin with. I agree with the previous reviewer that this cleanser has a strong scent and makes my skin smoother but a little dry, so from now on, I'll probably use it only once a day or maybe every other day. I'm hoping that this continues to work for me!

I just started using this again about a week or two ago. I used it a few months ago then stopped, because I thought it was breaking me out. I think it must have been something else. It seems to be clearing my skin up for the most part. I guess it's clearing up redness. I don't have too much problem with that. My skin does seem smoother, but it's a little drier than I'd like. Especially around my mouth. Also the scent is a bit stronger than I like.