April 21, 2014 | 1508 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I have combination skin - normal on the forehead and t-zone & dry on my cheeks. Due to the type of skin I have, I don't need primer for everyday wear, nor do I need to powder throughout the day. However, I like to use primer for special occasions to ensure that my foundation stays picture perfect/fresh especially if I am going to be under bright lights for pictures or dancing.

I honestly don't know how to describe the consistency of this because it's not a gel, nor is it a cream. It's kind of like a mousse, but not really. I find that the consistency goes on very even all over the face and does not feel heavy/caked on.

It somewhat 'blurs' my pores, but not by much - pores aren't a big issue for me so I don't really care about this aspect of the product. It does make my foundation look a lot nicer in that my pores look less visible. It definitely prolongs the wear of my foundation to 7+ hours in which I stay matte (I use a matte foundation), and my foundation looks perfect. In addition, I find that it also makes my bronzer, concealer, blush stay on longer.

No detected/uncomfortable scent and does not make me break out. The tiniest amount of this goes far. It really makes me look like my foundation has been airbrushed on, so I definitely really like this primer a little more than MUFE HD primer because it actually does more than just prolong the wear of my foundation.

No SPF - looks good in photos, will not give a white-cast in photos.
***There is also the Primed & Poreless SPF 20 Bronze Tint Face Primer, which is exactly the same thing, and does the same thing as this primer. The only difference is that it does give a tiny bit of bronze tint - not that noticeable and has SPF.

Retails for $30 at Sephora. TBH, I would repurchase this because it does an amazing job at keeping me looking fresh throughout long periods and photographs well. It's worth it too since you don't need a lot

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

This is an ok primer. It does smooth out your pores and feels very nice and somewhat silicone-y on your face. I use it when I am out of my other favorite primers from Hourglass and Tarte. I would repurchase it just because it is so easy to get your hands on a deluxe sized sample which is great for traveling.

The only reason I am sometimes on the fence about it is because if you don't let your moisturizer REALLY set into your skin this primer kind of balls up as you apply it which I don't like.

I find this applies the same on my combo/oily skin as benefit porefessional....both are nice but not my favorite

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

SIGH!!!! I wanted to Love Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer but I cant.
First, it did say "Skin Smoothing" Well, when I first put this primer on (and I tried it several times), it appeared to be skin smoothing. For about 15 or 20 minutes. Long enough to get a BB cream over it. I mean, Tarte BB cream glided on like silk over this. Then, within 30 minutes, my face FELT dry. I went and looked in the mirror. My face LOOKED dry. The fine lines around my eyes and all dry patches were MAGNIFIED! YUCK! I even tried this with a good moisturizer under it and still no go.
Oh, and the weird colour. Some sort of clayish pinkish colour. It comes out to a weird pink glow, even under Tarte 12-hour BB primer. Granted, that is sheer coverage. But, it STILL shouldn't have a weird pinkish glow. And not glow in a good way but in a sort of sickening salmon pink colour.
I can say that it initially appeared to minimize my pores (which are not huge in the first place) somewhat. Even that effect does not last.

So, I have a primer that makes my skin look worse, gives me an odd salmon pink hideous cast and glowing of that colour no less AND makes a really good bb cream look bad. Hmmmm....negative lippies....

Don't even try this if you have very fair dry skin. Or at least do not try it unless you have a sample or GWP, like I did. Because the results are scarey. I would give it 2 lippies if this even came in a neutral shade but it doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really good primer. It makes my face so smooth, its unbelievable. I mix this with my foundation of choice (Revlon Colorstay in Rich Ginger) and the application is soooo effortless with just my fingers. It helps the foundation to blend into nothingness with no visible streaks or outline or anything. It feels luxurious without feeling slick or greasy.

This is a definite must have/repurchase :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by carolinelovesbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this in a gift set as a deluxe sample size. I thought I would like this primer as I do like a good primer and I love Too Faced products. Sadly, this did nor work for me. I tried it for 2 weeks to give it a true try, and with different makeups, but still no luck. It is thicker/heavier feeling than I like, feeling like a dry yet smooth wax. It does immediately make pores appear smaller, but this effect lass only about an hour. It also makes flaky skin stand out terribly. It did not help my makeup wear at all.

It is tinted, and darker than my fair (but not super fair) skin tone. I could see the tinting of is to bother some with super fair skins, those who don't want to appear darker, or those whose very yellow-based skin tones do not match with this. I think it is tinted to give the illusion of calming skin irritation, blemishes, etc.... But don't be fooled... It's merely an illusion. It did not provide any of these benefits.

Above all, it broke me out terribly.... Continually and terribly! I am still battling the aftermath. It gave me dry flaky parches, spots and did not help my makeup wear any better or longer. I would not recommend this primer at all.

I would highly recommend the Hourglass oil-free primer to anyone interested in a cruelty-free primer. For an effective yet cheaper primer, i would suggest the Rimmel primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Vstar13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer is the holy grail of all primers. I will never use anything else!!! Holds my make up in place all day/night,does NOT dry my skin out or make it oily,and makes my skin feel like silk. I had no idea wearing make up could be so comfortable until I tried this :))

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by LaurenKate329

I use it as a primer for my mineral powder foundation.
Actually does fill in pores and fine lines for a smooth foundation canvas.
Works well on my slightly oily/acne prone skin.
Does help keep my foundation from rubbing off better than any other primers I've tried.
Feels amazing, like silk when you put it on! Love it! Definitely worth the little bit of extra money!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this primer. the only thing that concerns me is that it is labeled to have retinol but has no built in sunscreen. I'm not thrilled with using a product with retinol without a sunscreen.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by PorcelainDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This primer is nothing special. I really like Benefit's Porefessional & heard that this was a dupe. Porefessional is more suited for oily skin though, & is thicker/drier.

If you want an inexpensive dupe of Too Faced Primed & Poreless check out NYX's Pore Filler. I should have gotten comparison photos.....I own both & can not tell the difference between them. Both are good for normal to dry skin, as the texture is silky. But NYX costs $12 & Too Faced costs $30.

I will not repurchase. My holy grail of primers is Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

I actually bought this along with the Glamour Gloss and Cocoa Bronzer for $18 so the price for what I got is not an issue. I've been using it for a couple of months and it works pretty well - it helps my foundation go on better and my face looks smoother when I use this. However, on the days I don't use it, I don't notice too much of a difference. It works fine but it's not anything that anyone else would be able to differentiate and the product doesn't have any particular skin benefits either. Other face primers do the same thing at cheaper prices, like NYX's, so I would not be repurchasing this.