October 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by stealthxgrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really had high hopes for this primer, but unfortunately, it hasn't worked out for me. I don't notice much of a difference when I apply this primer (versus not using a primer), other than my skin getting oily much faster than usual. I've tried it with several different foundations in hopes of making it work, but I've had no luck.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT: I was wowed by this to begin with, but after daily usage, it's not as amazing as I thought at first. It still does all the things that impressed me, but my skin doesn't look brilliant. Maybe a bit dull, and foundation can look a bit kind of 'cracked'. It is really good at keeping shine at bay though. Too expensive to repurchase, but I'm really glad I gave it a whirl and I'll use up the tube before going on with my search :)

********************************************************

Finally a primer that primes! I've been disappointed a few times with highly recommended primers, and had been swithering over this for ages and was sooo reluctant to chuck money at yet another product that I would use once and regret buying.

I'm really glad I bought it. I have crappy skin, with a few spots, acne scarring and it's always oily before lunchtime but this has been a real game-changer.

I want a primer to smooth my skin, and make my make-up last longer, I don't want skincare-in-disguise or all-day hydration or any of that stuff. An undercoat is all I'm looking for.

This went on beautifully, left my skin feeling more velvety, the tint disappeared on application, and it rubbed in without any balling or residue or anything.

When I put my foundation on over it, I immediately noticed a difference. One of the big problems I have with my foundation is that when I'm rubbing it on, it feels like it's just melting into my skin like a moisturiser, and most of it disappears on my fingertips. With this I noticed a slight resistance, and it felt like my foundation had something to apply to.

The result was a smooth finish of foundation, which lasted really well in spite of humidity and hot rain (classic Glasgow June weather!) and everything stayed evenly on the surface of my skin where it's supposed to be.

I will do an update in a few weeks once I know how my skin reacts in the long-term. But so far I'm delighted.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by MUBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this because it was tinted, and since I was looking for a primer to smooth over and hide the pores on my nose, it made sense to me especially since the summer is coming up and I am looking to use less makeup. So in my mind, the thought was, "hm...tinted primer. It would cover up my pores kinda like a freakishly good tinted moisturizer, and I can get away with just a dusting of bronzer and powder." WRONG. This primer is crap. Don;t even get bought into the tinted aspect because it disappears into the skin like a clear primer. In fact, you can see every single bit of pore that was there before the application. I recently sampled another primer which was a white cream, and it covered up my pores and left no trace of white. So this was just a complete waste of money. I actually got a swap for the Rimmel primer which arrived on the same day as this primer (which ordered online from Beauty.com), and the Rimmel primer, which was a weird orangy-peach color actually covered up my pores that I walked out of my apartment in just the primer on my nose and blush. I even tried layering this under the Rimmel primer, just to see what happened, and the the Rimmel primer was better on its own - albeit it dried down and seeped unattractively into my pores in an hour (too bad!). Nevertheless, the point is, I was better off with the cheap primer than this. Argh...I am so pissed I spent money on this crap.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by XLuvMUX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product contains retinol, which is an anti aging ingredient. Retinol should not be used during the day. Furthermore, people who just started using retinol will face breakout for the first few weeks.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm rotating between a few primers and I have been reaching for this more frequently than the others. It does a great job creating a smooth surface prior to applying my foundation. It is not the best at keeping my t-zone matte, especially during humid days but it does keep my foundation on for the sometimes 10-12 hour work day.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by loveloven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As soon as I put this product on, my face breaks out in a allergic reaction.
It burns, stings and makes my face red. I had to wash it off immediately and try to calm the skin down.
Not suited for sensitive skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight121

This did nothing for my pores and made my face look dirty after the foundation was applied. I had to wash my face and start from scratch without it. It made the foundation look patchy and darker, which usually are not a problem. Never again, will be returned.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by juliastockholm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the most over-hyped products in the entire world. I had read so much about it, on forums, blogs, in magazines, everywhere I turned, someone seemed to be praising the crap out of it.

When I found it on the internet in my country, I did not hesitate. I thought that would be €40 well spent. You can only buy Too Faced on the internet here, and I'm thinking that is probably because if you could try before you buy- nobody would buy.

I do not have large pores, wrinkles or acne - all I wanted was a smooth base that would have makeup stay put and just make the end result look kind of flawless. If that is what you are after too, this is not the product you need. This will add a layer of stuff to your face and make you feel a bit greasy. Vaseline can do that at a fraction of the price.

If you have €40 to spare, I suggest giving it to charity rather than to Too Faced. TF is just an updated version of what Wet and Wild was in the nineties. Except the lash queen mascara, which is fun to play around with for a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by VioletxGein

Holy grail primer! I am actually willing to pay any amount for this primer. It really does give me a poreless look and masks my imperfections. You only need a small amount of this for it to work wonders. Too much and it will make your face look oily. This helps my powder foundation and concealer last all day and night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Too Faced Primed&Poreless is the brand's "skin smoothing face primer". Too Faced calls Primed&Poreless "a one-of-a-kind makeup primer that was scientifically formulated to wear under bronzers and foundation powders, or alone, to achieve the look of flawless skin without makeup. Vitamins A&C, mulberry extract, and a powerful dose of retinol virtually banish pores while tired skin is left hydrated, firmer, and detoxified. Primed&Poreless creates the perfect canvas to allow powders, bronzers, and foundations to airbrush onto the skin seamlessly and perfectly blended. Skin appears brighter, fresher, and younger. Color stays true and stays in place all day". Well that was thorough, I definitely know what to expect from this primer now. Too Faced' primer is pretty popular, so I was excited to try it in the 5g (.17 oz) tube I got in the Beauty Editor Darlings value kit, which I bought at Ulta for $19. The full size 1fl oz tube retails for $30, Too Faced also offers a .5fl oz size for $15. This primer has proved so popular that Too Faced has expanded their Primed&Poreless line to include three or four other products. Primed&Poreless is vegan friendly and paraben free. Too Faced does not test on animals. This primer was made in America.
Like just about all Too Faced products, Primed&Poreless has lovely, feminine packaging. This primer comes in a light pink squeeze tube. The Too Faced logo and product name grace the front of the tube along with some directions. My sample tube has a needle nosed dispenser, which may differ from the full sized version. The cap doesn't really like to stay on, which is the packaging's only flaw.
Primed&Poreless is similar to Benefit's Porefessional, but with a creamier texture and slightly yellower tone. Primed&Poreless smooths over the skin with ease. A little goes a long way, I need only a small pea sized amount to coat my chin, nose, and cheeks. Too Faced' pore reducing primer doesn't completely erase the look of pores, but I'd say it blurs them about 50%, they disappear even more once foundation is applied. Primed&Poreless slight yellowy tone seems to correct the redness that often accompanies larger pores. Primed&Poreless isn't just great for pores, it fills and smooths over fine lines. This primer feels lighter on the skin than both Benefit's Porefessional and Tarte's Poreless primer, probably because of the creamier formula. Unlike Tarte's Poreles primer, Too Faced' does not cause clogged pores, nor does Primed&Poreless seem to control oil and prolong the wear of foundation, but then again it's hard for me to tell since I don't really tend to have foundation issues in the first place.
I really enjoy Too Faced Primed&Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer. The creamy texture is pleasant to work with. The translucent yellow tinge is very corrective. Primed&Poreless does a good job of masking both pores and fine lines without causing breakouts. Packaging is gorgeous and function. I think I might save my pennies and buy the .5fl oz tube, I think it's worth the price, especially since I only need a little bit for each application. If you're hunting for a pore minimizing face primer, why not try Too Faced Primed&Poreless, I think it may be the best of the three high end pore reducing primers I've tried (even though I like them all)!