December 20, 2014 | 1517 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Amber Lights

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

this is a pearly, yellowy orange sort of burnt gold. the reason i choose the word 'pearly', is because it is more of a sheen than a shimmer (unlike 'Woodwinked' for eg.). and because there is not a lot of shimmer to compete with the colour, it looks even brighter, but still has a little something to it (eg. not Matte). so you get the best of both worlds.
pigmentation is great, application is okay, and wearability is also pretty good. yesterday i wore this with 'Antiqued' on the outer crease, and 'Cranberry' on more on the center of the lid. this really warmed up 'Amber Lights' even more, and gave a really glowy effect. i am also starting to imagine what 'Red Brick' or 'Coppering' would look like mixed with this too.
this shadow is neither light, nor dark. somewhere in between. so it will still look pretty good if you wear it solo. i really wouldn't purchase this if you don't like warm colours, or if you feel that orange and yellow tones don't suit you.
i'm gonna have a lot more fun playing with this! it's a really beautiful colour, and if you love your neutrals but are after a little twist, then this is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by ewhitelaw

This was my very first MAC shadow years and years ago. The first time I used it I had so many comments on my eye colour (green/blue/goldey)! It's almost run out now, after almost 5 years, and I've just repurchased.

It's a stunning copper/gold that looks great as an inner eye corner highlighter over a brown smokey eye. Also looks fab as a liner and really makes blue/green eyes POP! The texture is lovely and really easy to handle. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by jodielauren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is bloody lovely. For me, because I'm so pale, I need to use black eyeliner on my top lashline, to give me more definition.
All that glitters has a similar tone on me, but is much paler and more " daytime friendly"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing, yellow/coppery gold that really looks phenomenal on any eyecolor. This is one of the shadows I borrowed from my friend, and I can't wait to go buy this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by pf3855

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE! Need I say more?? it's beautiful on my baby blues, makes my eyes stand out, but not in a 'oh lord what do you have on your eyes kind of way?' It's a beautiful coppery/gold color on my NW 20 eyelids and it's just beautiful. Will be a repurchase for a long time to come. I wear it alone over primer or sometimes with Carbon on outer and Amber Lights on inner eye with a little highlighter. It's beautiful either way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Gorgeous coppery gold shade. I use it a lot during the summer to brighten my face (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by rachelph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My first mac eye shadow and i LOVE it. it looks beautiful on my nc45/nc50 skin and i get tons of compliments on it. i usually use it on my lid than use erotica from my natural eye palette on the outer corners to top it off. it really makes my dark, small eyes pop so much sometimes that i forget to put on mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Sw333t

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My first MAC eyeshadow ever, and it's still one of my favorites! Super pigmented, and a beautiful colour. Complements my pale skin and blue eyes perfectly. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by BaconforJesus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My first MAC shadow ever! I have hazel green eyes and this shadow made them look so sultry and more noticeable. My mum who has ice/gray colored eyes tried the shadow too and it looked even better against her pale skin and eyes. Anyone who hasn't bought a MAC shadow, try this one, you won't be guilty for the purchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Cyerie

From the permanent line.

This is an orange-toned gold, almost copper. You have to be a fan of the color, because it is very pigmented. That said, it seems really smooth and easy to apply. It's slightly shiny (is shiny the word?) being a veluxe pearl and all of that.
I was a little if-y on buying this, as I thought I would either love it or hate it, but I really, really enjoy this eyeshadow.

If you want inspiration for a good use of it (might have to tone this down) XSparkage's Egyptian Night is just lovely.