August 21, 2014 | 1767 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Amber Lights

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by rachelph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My first mac eye shadow and i LOVE it. it looks beautiful on my nc45/nc50 skin and i get tons of compliments on it. i usually use it on my lid than use erotica from my natural eye palette on the outer corners to top it off. it really makes my dark, small eyes pop so much sometimes that i forget to put on mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Sw333t

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My first MAC eyeshadow ever, and it's still one of my favorites! Super pigmented, and a beautiful colour. Complements my pale skin and blue eyes perfectly. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by BaconforJesus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My first MAC shadow ever! I have hazel green eyes and this shadow made them look so sultry and more noticeable. My mum who has ice/gray colored eyes tried the shadow too and it looked even better against her pale skin and eyes. Anyone who hasn't bought a MAC shadow, try this one, you won't be guilty for the purchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Cyerie

From the permanent line.

This is an orange-toned gold, almost copper. You have to be a fan of the color, because it is very pigmented. That said, it seems really smooth and easy to apply. It's slightly shiny (is shiny the word?) being a veluxe pearl and all of that.
I was a little if-y on buying this, as I thought I would either love it or hate it, but I really, really enjoy this eyeshadow.

If you want inspiration for a good use of it (might have to tone this down) XSparkage's Egyptian Night is just lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by sinercelywhitkay

Amazing shade of gold with some shimmers of reddish orange. I swear this color is a chameleon, my best friend and I both own this shade and mine looks SO different from her's in the pan. Nevertheless it's an amazing shade,especially for the summer months. I think this is definitely one of those colors that compliments every skin tone and eye color! It's not too over powering! It can be down played by using a dark olive green base underneath or you can play it up by using a golden base (like Buxom's Golden Retriever cream eyeshadow) underneath. You can't go wrong with this color!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by lucylucyhh

Lovely lovely shade. It reminds me of sunset; makes my blue eyes look amazing and I'm sure it'd compliment green eyes just as well. I suppose it's a little more orange than it looks in the pan but is still a beautiful golden shade.
Frost formula; hence it's verrrryyy shimmery but frost finishes are my favourite so that's a bonus for me

Buttery formula, easy to blend and easy to work with. No complaints!
Recently I've been wearing it on the inner two thirds of my lid with a shimmery raspberry pink blended into the outer third and up onto the 'queen' area - reminds me of bollywood, gorgeous vibrant summer look

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so impressed by this shade. It makes my green eyes pop and the formula is incredibly smooth, silkly and pigmented. Today I wore it in the crease with Rubenesque paint pot on the lid and Ricepaper to highlight.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I got this today with my Back 2 Mac. I was going to get Antiqued but something about this eyeshadow screams summer. I patted this over Beauty Marked which I was already wearing, Beauty Marked might as well be black... anyways once I put on Amber lights on the center of my lid it was eletric. Totally funky and made my brown eyes look stunning. I guess some say its bronze. I think its peachy/gold...I will try this out on it's own tomorrow. But I feel like this will be a winner in my books.

UPDATE: I've been pairing this eyeshadow with many eyeshadows. I love it with MAC's Greensmoke or Sumptious Olive. It makes my brown eyes look stunning. On it's own I have to admit its just over the top and sadly on it's own looks slightly tacky. I've used this with Woodwink & Bronze, I tend to just pat it on the centre of the lid with my 217 brush or with an angled brush I pat it into the corners of my eyes. If you are really obsessed with makeup & doing different eyeshadows then by all means purchase Amber Lights. But like I said, I won't repurchase because I only use a very small amount each time, I'm sure it will last ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Marcela213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amber Lights is a beautiful "burnt gold" color with amazing pigmentation. the texture is buttery smooth so it's easy to apply and very blendable. overall, great color and formula!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goes with Motif perfectly. A great bronze color, with a slight gold to it. I wear it alot as a low light color. I don't go through it as often as I do it's companion, Motif, but it is a very nice color if you wear red, orange or yellow tones.