Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 9/11/2014 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

UPDATE: so after using the product for a week i think this cleanser is best for people with oily skin who has cystic acne...I was developing some cysts which have now cleared and no more cheesy smells coming from my chin...but every time I wake up I have at least 2 whiteheads...I'm going to end it with this product since it seems to also cause whiteheads on my ski...
I have very oily acne prone skin that didn't come about until I started using the depo shot around age 22. It got so bad that I started getting cysts all over my chin and there was this really foul cheesy like odor coming from my chin as well...I've tried the natural way as far as treating the acne and products from over the counter...I did my research and found out about non-comedogenic products and thought that would help...but to no avail I still struggled with horrible acne...I've always thought neutrogena products were good on my skin so one day I bought this product and low and behold my cysts started going down...my acne is clearing up but there are some harsh side effects...the product burns a little and can cause itchiness...I have brown skin so my face never really showed signs of redness but it did itch a lot...I've been using it for about 3 days and have felt and seen a dramatic change...I'm going to continue to use it since it's the only product that's working so far Nd hopefully my skin will adjust after a few weeks...

on 9/10/2014 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

One of the worst blemish cleansers I have ever used. Not once have I ever seen anyone who uses this with good or even decent skin.
It never yelded any results no matter what decade I used this in lol

on 8/10/2014 7:12:00 AM

My skin is combo-oily with a few breakouts here and there but nothing major. So I bought this stuff as just an every day cleanser. I'm just now reading the reviews on it and most of them agree with me - this stuff was AWFUL. I've only used it 3 times and it's turned my skin red. Almost looks like a sunburn and people have even asked me if my "sunburn hurt." My face is constantly dry even with tons of moisturizer. It has also made my face constantly itchy, almost like there are mosquito bites all over my face. And back to the red face thing - my face is so red, that my Revlon Color Stay foundation doesn't cover the redness! My skin has NEVER looked this bad. I'm just very mad that I even used this product. Totally ruined my skin. I would suggest not buying this to anyone.

on 8/9/2014 6:28:00 AM

Update 18/Aug/2014: now I've been using this face wash for 2 weeks, I can't believe how amazing it is! As my skin got used to it (after first week) it stopped drying my face, I didn't have a single breakout on my face, not even one little pimple! Now I'm using it two times a day, my skin is soft and smooth and clear. (update again on 1st September)
9/Aug/2014: I bought this face wash 4 days ago and I thought I'd wait for a month before reviewing it but so far it's been so great for me that I had to say something! -- a little about my skin: I get hormonal and stress acne once or twice a month, usually one pimple on my chin or forehead. I always get tiny whiteheads or small bumps no matter how clear my skin appears, they usually last for 2-3 days then clear up. But in the 4 days that I've been using this my skin is completely spotless! No breakouts, no small bumps, just clean smooth skin! I had one pimple on my chin before and in these 4 days it has pretty much cleared up (Usually my acne takes 7-14 days to clear up) the only con is that it's a bit drying and my skin feels a little stiff right after washing my face with it, but nothing so bad that a moisturizer can't fix! I use it just once in the morning.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I had this stuff back in the day when bad acne was an issue. It dried out my skin and made it kindof burn. Wouldn't recommend to people with dry or sensitive skin

on 8/8/2014 1:48:00 AM

I've only had one or two pimples here and there except for little ones on my forehead that never seem to go away. So, I began using this wash just thrice a week on my forehead only and it seemed that the bumps were reducing and they were, but this product drys out your skin more than than standing in -10% humidity could. But, there were results, so I began using it all over my face thrice a week to reduce the look of pores and non-inflammatory bumps that didn't really matter. Anyway, within three weeks of using it just thrice a week, my bumps started reappearing as full blown occasional pimples and I actually have a real case of acne right now after using it for fourish more weeks jusT once or twice a week. Admittedly it's small and hard to see, but I've never had actual acne before.

I cannot imagine the horrid stuff that would happen to a face using this 14 times a week. Yuck. Discontinuing use of product immediately and throwing it away, and I loathe wasting things, so that means something.

I've come to the occlusion that everything neutrogena makes will make my skin crawl.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG face wash. My face is very oily, and I normally wash it twice a day with this. My acne isn't too bad, but I grt a good few little breakouts here and there. This keeps my face almost totally clear, smooth, dry (in a good way), and clean.

on 8/4/2014 1:32:00 AM

Let me give you a brief backgrlound on my skin. I've had some breakouts but nothing major. Just the occasional breakout from stress, hormones etc. I was getting bad breakouts because of stress and was running out of my current cleanser. I love the neutrogena cream cleanser so thought that I'd try something else which was this cleanser. Used it for about 1 month before I had to stop because it was making my skin go crazy. It made it dry out and broke me out in the worse acne I've ever. Even a couple of months of stopping this prodct my skin is still not what it was like before I used this product. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless they want their skin to go crazy on them.

on 8/2/2014 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay so I'm gonna start of by giving a brief history of my acne problems. I've always had acne since middle school, but it was a pimple here and there, usually a big whitehead. Anyways i started breaking out like crazy during my senior year of high school. I started getting acne all over my cheeks and going down towards my mouth, and chin. It was horrible, I got large under the skin pimples, my pores were really clogged and i felt ugly. The acne left small holes in my face and i still have red scars where my acne used to be. Anyways, my friend's mom told me that if i used this product my acne will start going away. She told me to use it morning and night and lather it all over my face and leave it for 5 minutes then rinse it off. My acne started going away and my friends told me that my face looked much smoother and my pores weren't clogged anymore.But i don't know if it was due to the wash or because i became less stressed after i graduated high school. I was going through a lot of emotional things while i was breaking out. I also thought that maybe my acne was due to hormones so i started taking a multivitamin specifically for regulating women's hormones around the same time. I started using the wash on 6/10/14 and i'm still using it now. my face is really oily, my pores are large and i'm still getting small tiny pimples on my face but definitely not as bad as before. I'm pretty happy with the results but this product dries out my face really bad and sometimes my face feels really stiff even after i apply moisturizer.i hate that feeling. But i like how it lathers up, a little goes a long way and i don't really mind the smell. Okay so bottom line, this product isn't the best and it cost me $7.64 for 6 fl oz, but i should've gone to walmart for cheaper. However, if you're suffering from acne, perhaps you should give this a try. maybe it could help control your active acne and calm it down for at least a while until you find something better. But my results are a bit inconclusive so i don't want to say that this by itself helped my acne. Im not exactly sure if i should buy this again, i want something that wont dry out my face too much. i also want to note that i sometimes use sea breeze toner after this wash which dries my face even more and it stings. so im thinking of cutting that out of my regimen.I also like to exfoliate with st. ives blemish control aprictot scrub with the oil free acne wash mixed in every morning but ive toned that done to every couple of days. But i use a gentle exfoliator once a day followed by the oil free acne wash. Hope this helps :)

on 7/20/2014 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This cleanser is perfect for clogged pores/blackheads. Anytime I stop using it for a bit I notice my pores become very clogged/congested. I have used the redness soothing/grapefruit/& original acne wash & I prefer the redness soothing, although the original acne wash is just as good, the grapefruit wash irritates my skin & the original/ redness soothing gel do not.