September 18, 2014 | 1719 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by briella86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Worst acne face wash created. So drying and harsh. Will never buy or recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by LisaVe

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this cleanser in high school and it was a holy grail cleanser for me. Over the years this has caused dryness and irritation to my face and i can no longer use it. This is a good cleanser to remove makeup but it does not necessarily help to clear my acne as of right now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This thing is a great product. I have terribly acne-prone skin and this really helped a lot, I don't get crazy breakouts anymore. I use it almost everyday but only once a day (at night) because it can dry the living hell out of skin. After that i just moisturize and boom! great looking skin has happened.

Neutrogena has different types of versions of this product, there is a green one for redness soothing and the pink grapefruit which may be a lesser harsh than the original. Ladies, pick and choose your product wisely or else your face will suffer greatly and that's the last thing we want.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

If your face is not too sensitive, this facial wash does indeed cleanses your face quite thoroughly in just a small amount. It is suprisingly tough on heavy make up and even waterproof mascaras! It does not seem to control acne however. For me, it is better being a daily wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

teenage favorite of mine. worked well when I was young but sadly now is too drying for my adult skin. loved the hygienic pump but found it hard when travelling.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by joshctso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This particular facial wash tends to be quite drying, but not in a bad way as it works well to cleans the skin of skin particles and debris sitting on the face. I actually like how thorough yet drying this cleanser is, you can really tell that your face gets almost resurfaced. The only drawback is that it is so drying that it can cause some irritation, although the drying properties are highly necessary in the presence of oily combination skin. The combat the immediate dryness that follows washing the face with this thorough cleanser, it is necessary to use a moisturizer right after to keep the skin healthily dewy. I like to follow this cleanser with the Almay Smart Shade primer as a moisturizer so that my skin is perfectly moisture balanced. In short, I find the heavy duty nature of this cleanser to be necessary in making sure that I don't break out or have white heads.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Balliuak

I absolutely do not recommend this if you're the type that only gets a pimple from time to time and have combination or sensitive skin. That's me. It started out by drying out my skin so much it hurt. I kept at it thinking my skin was just getting used to it, but now a month into using it my skin is breaking out worse than it ever has before. This is probably great for oily/acne prone skin, but not for the rest of us.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Lashangel02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went through a whole bottle of this and it still hasn't effected my skin at all. It's like not even cleaning your face at all, to be compared. It does nothing to help oil, and does not help acne at all

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by desiremua

After a ton of research, I decided to purchase this product in order to help prevent future breakouts and help attack my clogged pores. I used this product for about 3 weeks. Well, I am very aware when using a face wash, there is a high probability that your skin will get worse before it gets better.. But geez!! I have never had acne prone skin and the breakouts I have gotten around my nose area have been so awful to look at and painful to the touch, I'm not even sure what to do about it! They're finally just starting to dry up, but with that being said, my combination skin is also drying up and looking rather flakey. I moisturize every AM and PM, so it's definitely not lack of moisturizer. I wear makeup on a daily basis and the last few days, my skin looks awful underneath my makeup. You can see the flakey skin and the dry spots breaking through my foundation and powder. NOT ATTRACTIVE! I'm not exactly sure this face wash is something I'm going to be reaching for as a daily cleanser considering it's so overly drying to my skin, but maybe I'll continue to use it once a week in combination with a more hydrating cleanser instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by allieamat

I love this product! I am currently 18 and omg let me tell you, I've been using this product since hmm?... I was 15. It was recommended to me by this lady I would go to, to get facials done, and I'm extremely happy she did. 4 years later and I still use it daily. Since it CAN be very drying usually 3 days after continuous use, I do apply vitamin e oil as a moisturizer over night, and bua laaa, my face is acne free, soft, scars are dramatically faded, pores are shrunken, and my face is so bright and luminous. I love this stuff.

Just use a moisturizer afterwards, helllllo!