July 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it and prefer it waaayyy more then the Revlon Gel Liner I bought months back. It's truly black (much required for my brown East Indian eye-lids) and stays put in my waterline well. I do like that it comes w/ the brush, just wish it were a little narrower, but that's ok, I ll just buy a thinner one from like Essence or something like that. Will most likely re-purchase, although will have to give it more time to test as I've only just bought it today...I want to see if it stays in the water-line when the weather gets warmer. I paid only $7.99 for it @ Target, so it's tres in-expensive which is a big plus. If I do a thick winged line, then I require much less mascara which is also a plus. I love Maybelline products in general (well their eye products).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by liketragic

I have pretty oily eyelids and most eyeliners fail me.. including this one. It smudges in just an hour after I have applied it on and it just looks terrible. The brush included is alright and product is fairly easy to apply and draw a wing but doesn't stay at all (even with primer) so there's really no point in using this. After a trial period I also noticed that the gel seems to harden up and crack in the pot, creating clumps when I'm trying to get the product out of the pot. Wouldn't bother using it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Venenumletalis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this liner because of all the great reviews, and by now have used almost the entire jar, however I'm not impressed with it at all.
I like how creamy it is, I didn't experience any clumping or fast drying out, and it is easy to apply this liner with the brush that comes with it or any other brush you prefer.
The bad part about this liner is it's staying power or lack thereof to be exact. It transfers to every part of skin it touches within just a few hours. It doesn't even matter if I use primer or not- I find this liner printed above my lashline, and it even manages to get to lower lashline too, no idea how. And for the record, I don't have oily eyelids. This liner fades too. I end up having to clean up my makeup or even reapply throughout the day.
Even elf cream liner stays on much MUCH better.
Wouldn't buy this again, and wouldn't recommend it. It is better to spend a few more dollars and buy something that will actually last all day, you'll save money in the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Myrahotchkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This eyeliner is aptly named... it really lasts. Seriously. When I do a little test swipe on the back of my hand, no amount of licking/scrubbing/scratching will get it off. The same can be said about it on my eyelids. Fear not though as it does come off easily with my choice of makeup remover (mineral oil), admittedly with a little panda-ness left behind.

I don't like the brush that comes with it and recently discovered that a silicone eyeliner brush exists. Since then, my love for this gel liner has only increased.

I wear this liner all day, no need to reapply, and no panda eyes throughout the day. I have slept in it (GASP... I know, I'm so sorry) and woken up to a perfect eye!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by VioletDesire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After my MAC Blacktrack gel eyeliner ran out, I purchased this as I'd heard good things about it. Although it glides on and works the same, it doesn't quite have the staying power. It also dried out far quicker - a few weeks instead of a few months. I wouldn't purchase again because it was so much hassle. The brush is also too thick and is more of a lip brush size, but you do get it supplied with the liner.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros
-wonderful consistency/texture - perfect for applying with brush
-deep, intense pigmentation
-true black

Cons
-smudges worse than any other eyeliner I have ever purchased in my life. By the end of the day, calling me a raccoon would be charitable

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by rediscoverme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I've had it for months with daily use, and I still have so much of it which applies like a dream. The brush is kind of an afterthought but I've seen worse. I originally purchased this on a whim and after trying to use it with the brush that came with it, I never used it again. The day my liquid liner ran out, I thought to try it with my liquid liner applicator as that is how I was comfortable doing my liner. I used liquid liner for like 10 years but I realized that with this gel liner, it is much easier to get a straighter line as it's not as super fluid so it's more forgiving and allows for better control. I have since then stopped using my liquid liner applicator and started using my Sigma liner brushes (which are AMAZING) and have for now found my HG method of doing liner.

I have never had an issue with tightline or waterline application and I can confidently say that this liner has never smudged on me at all. I live in Florida where it's super humid, and my skin is oily so if it was going to happen, it would've already. I will say that I never do my eyes without utilizing a primer or base underneath it which I think helps tremendously when it comes to the staying power of any gel liner. On days where I try to get away with being lazy and just putting liner on, it ends up being a disaster and looking weird on me so I have stopped trying to make that look work. Note: I love being lazy and have tried this with EVERY eye lining product imaginable. They ALL have sucked when I've tried it and I'm almost 100% certain it's because I don't have a primer/base under it for the product to stick to, and it's not so much an issue with staying power, but more so with the overall look of it because the pigmentation looks off or something I don't know, I'm weird and very picky about the way my liner looks. with But seriously, for me once it's on, it's on until I use makeup remover.

One thing that I have started doing is once I have my gel liner on my lids and still have time or if I want an extra "pop"is to go in with my liquid liner and apply a thin line as close to the lashes as possible. I've found that it makes my lashes go that extra mile and looks really nice because as much as I love the super pigmentation of the gel liner, I absolutely love the darkness of liquid liner. It just makes it look very intense and super polished to me. But like I said, if I don't have time or I want something more natural looking, I don't even worry about it.

I really recommend (especially if this is your first time using any sort of gel liner product or even just a liner product new to you in general) getting this item from somewhere that will accept returns and then trying it on a few times with the applicators or brushes you feel comfortable with and with a base or primer under it. Also you will be better off doing this during a moment when you have time to play around with it. If you haven't ever used gel liner before, trying to put this on rushed before school, work or a special occasions will probably not get you the best eye look ever and may even discourage you from liking the product... Trust me on this one, do not make the same mistakes I have! If you end up really hating the product, well, at least you tried and can get your money back. EVERYBODY WINS! ...ok, maybe just you, but hey. We have to love ourselves before we can learn to love anybody else or whatever, right? Right. One more thing: I have seen lots of people use this by dipping their eye pencils or even the end of their eye liner/shadow/thinner makeup brush (for water or bottom lash lining) into it and applying, and they swear by it. The key is experimentation here and with all makeup, really.

So in conclusion, yeah. I like it a lot, a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by leavesofgrass

I liked this liner at first. When I first opened it it was super creamy and lovely to apply. It's been probably three months now that I've had it and I'm not so happy anymore. For the last month it's gotten so so dry...almost chunky. It's still usable, with effort, so I'm going to keep using it until I really can't anymore before I buy something else, but it's not great. I definitely am not loving it. What I do like about it is it doesn't smudge or transfer on me. The color fades throughout the day to more of a deep/smoky gray, but that's ok. Just wish it didn't dry out so bad!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- does not dry out easily
-- the product is still in good condition after a year
--- you probably don't want this for that long though...

Cons:
- this creases with/without primer (I have extremely oily Asian/hooded eyelids)
-- it doesn't even take an hour for the product to crease
- not waterproof
- even if I let this set for a while, it still smudges
- you can't even use this to tightline
-- the liner ends up transferring to your bottom waterline
- doesn't matter if you have eyeshadow on or not
-- still smudges and creases like there's no tomorrow

I only had this for a year only because I never used it. The only good thing I can say about it is the packaging; if I wanted to, I can still use the gel liner. But why use it when it does absolutely nothing?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a really good quality eyeliner. Highly pigmented(I got blackest black), and a little goes a very long way. It's smooth and creamy-very easy to apply. Plus, I've had it for a few months and it didn't dry up on me(as, say wet n' wild did). Can't comment on the brush as I'm a beginner when it comes to gel liners and can't tell the difference, but so far, one of the better eye lining products I've had.