April 19, 2014 | 1513 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Apples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy shade match, Batman. Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia is possibly the best color match I've found out of the tons of foundations I've tried. The finish is matte on my skin with a bit of 'glow', and while it won't cover dark marks or acne, it does a good job at concealing redness in the skin.

Unfortunately, this foundation has one big negative which makes me unable to use it - I have dry skin, and the flakes that this foundation creates are kind of insane. It looks fine from a few feet away, but up close, it's just bad. Applying it over a moisturizer or a foundation base doesn't look much better. Blending it into one of my moisturizing, full coverage BB creams will lead to a product that maintains the color of Siberia and offers full coverage...but still looks very dry on me up close. It's not unusual for a foundation to occasionally enhance dry spots, but very few foundations lead to this unfortunate an overall texture, so I have to chalk it up to the formula.

The great shade match makes this a foundation worth experimenting with, but I have yet to find a way to make it look good on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Gwiyomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I did use up the entire bottle of this foundation, and I did not hate it; but this winter has just been merciless on my skin. The coverage is medium, it applies smoothly and does not cling at all to any of my random dry patches, the shade I have is quite a decent match, and it does look beautiful when first applied.

But, I generally have oily skin, but it has gotten much oilier now that I am either in extremely dry, cold winter temperatures with plenty of wind, or spending 6 and a half hours in an office with 80 degree, dry heat. I tried using a heavy moisturizer underneathe, thin layers of serums and thin moisturizers, to just average middle of the road moisturizers. I always set with a loose powder, ocassionally I will use a pressed powder, no luck keeping the oils at bay.

Since this has not been able to keep up with my oily skin this winter, I doubt it would fair much better in the summer. When I start to get oily, and do not have time to touch up, this just becomes impossible to fix. I really only need it to last 6.5 hours sitting in an office, but no luck. I know it might be asking a lot from a foundation, and you may not have the same issues as I do, but if you do, I would not reccommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by ilovemac03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation, it's exactly what the name says, it's sheer, and adds a glow to your skin. For reference, I am an NC 43 and I wear the shade syracuse. My skin is pretty clear, I have some unevenness in texture near my jaw line, little bumps under my skin, have been there since childhood, and a couple acne scars. This does a good job in giving me the coverage I need, I do use a little bit of concealer on my scars, and on my dark circle. The thing I like best about this foundation is the colour match, I have always found it difficult to find a foundation that matches my skin exactly, MAC has always been too orange or too yellow, and Bobby Brown hasn't quite worked well with me skin. I find that this product adds the right amount of sheen on dry to combination skin, it doesn't make my skin look overly oily, I would be fine if I didn't powder it, but I like my skin a little on the matte side so I powder it lightly and it looks great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Halcy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation !!! I like to apply with a beauty blender over my Nars light optimizing primer.... Perfection! I would definitely recommend this combination if you want that beautiful Jlo glow :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeaches

I really wanted to like this. For $45 I REALLY wanted to like this. I bought this while I was in England, and the first couple of tries went fine. I have fine skin and bought this on a whim while at a Nars counter after hearing a lot of awesome reviews about it on youtube. In addition, I have dry skin and thought this might help add a dewy effect. When I returned to the US, my battle with this foundation began. It has the tendency to settle into any dry patch on my face, and then some! I would come home with dryness all over my cheeks, in the crevices of my nose, and on my chin where I have never been so dry before. This foundation does the exact opposite of what I was hoping for and brings out the dryness in my skin (and the dryness isn't even THAT bad!).

I will keep using it for the time being. I have tried multiple techniques to make this work: heavily moisturizing, using a primer, mixing with a moisturizer, using a setting spray, setting with a powder, and it's just not working. I hope this will work better when it starts getting warm out again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by tabscarlon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation after reading so many great reviews on it. When I first got this foundation I wasn't that big of a fan, as I felt it went oily and set on top of my skin rather then sinking into my skin. And I wasn't using any setting powder over the top.

But after coming back to this foundation as I was so fed up with my current foundation (the shade being so wrong!) I now love it! I have the lightest shade and it's a perfect match for my skin. I also now powder over the top of this with Hourglass Diffused Light powder. And it really set the foundation without making it look dry or built-up. I find the best brush to make this foundation really work is a flat top dense foundation brush. It really buffed the foundation into my skin.

Edit: I have now stopped using this foundation as it has caused me many breakouts sadly. If this doesn't irate your skin then it is a great foundation, but for me it does not work at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by labellevie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really didn't want to love this as much as I do, becuase for me it's insanely pricey. But it's worth the $45 bucks.

I have very yellow undertones and my skin gets very pale in winter and very tan in summer. I purchased this in Light 4 Deauville which is about NC20, so it's great for my pale skin and also my yellow undertone. The color selection is great and it's the best color match I've EVER found for my skin.The staying power is also really good for a dewy foundation like this. I can wear it for about 8-10 hours (I use UD all nighter spray to set it).

I have very dry, sensitive and acne prone skin. This doesn't break me out or irritate. I also have a large amoutn of dark hyperpigmentation and the frequent breakout. I was worried this foundation wouldn't give me enough coverage, but it is very buildable and actually covers well. I can use this with two layers and a full coverage concealer on my hyperpigmentation. I actually get compliments on my skin when I wear this, which never happens!

Cons- It can be a bit heavy/cakey if you don't buff in and use light layers to build up coverage. The price is also a bit outrageous for me as I'm usually on a budget. The packaging SUCKS and the cap to mine won't even stay screwed on correctly.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off I would like to say that most foundations cling to my dry patch right between my eyebrows. This foundation is no exeption. I find it clings more than my stila one strep oil free foundation. This is meant for normal to dry skin however i think it would only be good for me in summer. Luckily the shade I got (Punjab) is my summer shade and not my year round shade. I personally cange use this in winter or fall. If it wasn't for that I would say it would be almost perfect.

Pro's:
- can be any coverage you want it to be, (sheer to full) i personall apply a little and get sheer coverage. But you can build it up to a fuller coverage
- good for normal skin types
- well package + they offer a pump to be purchased (which I bought)
- lots of color selection for different shades of skin
- free of most harsh chemicals (main reason I got it, I am going for paraben free makeup):
NO PARABENS, NO BENZOATE, AND NO ALUMININ.

Con's:
- Clings to dry patches
- On the pricey side (L'oreal lumi would be a better alternative)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I returned this. No matter what way I apply it (fingers, brushes, beauty blender) it settles into my pores and smears around and looks funky. The color match was perfect for my super pale skin. It didn't break me out that I could notice. I just found that this was not worth $40+ to spend on a foundation when my Covergirl foundation works better!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Gantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Offers good coverage
-Lasted all day
-Didn't break my skin out
-Will probably look light and natural on most skin types

Cons:
-Accentuates dry skin

Overall:
I purchased this foundation at Sephora, and I wear the shade Punjab. I have dry skin and I have to be careful with what foundation I wear, because foundation tends to cake up on me. When I first wore this foundation I loved how light it felt on my skin, I loved how it covered up any redness or imperfections on my skin. This foundation lasted all through the day on my skin, I was extremely happy with my purchase. But over time I realized how easy it is for this foundation to look thick or "cakey". My skin just had to be slightly dry in one area of my face and it seemed like all of the foundation would cling to it. I would understand this happening if my face was flaky but that wasn't the case. My skin is usually dry, but sometimes the dryness will subside and this foundation looks really great. This foundation never broke me out, it had good coverage but it just didn't pair well with my skin type. I just couldn't see myself repurchasing something that I didn't love.