NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 5/6/2015 12:08:00 AM

It's my first day of using Nars Sheer Glow after spending an exorbitant amount of money to get it shipped to New Zealand. And I love it! We all know the package sucks and the price is pretty heartbreaking, but even worn without primer it creates a very natural looking medium coverage that matches my pale cool skin perfectly (Mont Blanc). I have combination skin and while i found that it does wear off a bit with mid-afternoon oil, the foundation doesn't cling to dry patches any more than other foundations have. A good powder would fix the oily bits. The biggest plus for me is the buildability (is this even a word?) and the natural finish it creates.
If it doesn't break me out over the next few days, this may become a HG foundation for me...

This is just an OK product. Not my holygrail one.

I have two shades in Fiji and Ceylan.. For referance, I am NC20 in MAC. First I bought Fiji but it looks waaay yellow on me. Then I didnt give up and bought Ceylan a week later. This is a neutral shade, looks better on me.

The coverage is medium and buildable. If you dont have skin problems, you will love this. It looks nice but do not believe in the name. Cos it doesnt GLOW much. It is not as dewy as it sounds. I can say it is semi-glow,doesnt look greasy. But after 5-6 hours it will start to shine if you do not set it with powder.

I hate the bottle. If i buy a high end product, I expect it to be come with a pump. Even drugstore brands foundations have it. I just dont like it. I do not like paying more while I spent enough for a 30 ml bottle.

The last thing i can say is that I will not buy it again. I am gonna try new ones.

I was shocked at how non-sheer and non-glowy this looked. Application was smooth. It gave medium (leaning toward full) coverage and looked completely matte (to the point of appearing velvety or chalk-like). The name had me expecting something similar to MAC Face and Body, but they are dramatically different. I'm giving an extra lippie because this is the only foundation in which I've found a true color match (Gobi, although the All Day foundation in the same shade looked darker and didn't seem to match me).

on 5/5/2015 1:10:00 AM

I'm a drugstore foundation girl! I wanted to try something high-end, and NARS really stood out to me! I was so disappointed with this product though. I was told its great for my dry skin, especially when used with a primer. I couldn't find an exact shade to match my skin (annoying). It oxidizes soo fast. It definitely has buildable coverage but even after setting with powder it only stays on the face for 3-4 hours. And my skin has NO OIL, so you'd think it would hold up all day. But nope! More annoying than ever is it doesn't come with a pump, its expensive and the glass bottle is risky! Honestly would not repurchase. I'm on the hunt for the perfect foundation!

am doing a review on this product soon. i Love all of the reviews on here makes me want to try it even more... check out my channel for more reviews and tips

on 5/1/2015 2:27:00 PM

I buy this in the shade Siberia and it looks GREAT on my skin 90% of the time. I have combination skin, and as others have said, when I have particularly bad dry patches, the foundation doesn't look so good over them. I have encountered this issue with many different foundations, though, so for me it isn't a deal breaker. I only have one really bad reoccurring dry patch anyway--right between my eyes, and I wear glasses. This is the only foundation I've ever found that matches my coloring perfectly. I like the glowy look it gives me. Good sheer coverage, but doesn't have the oomph needed for covering up breakouts. Wish it was less pricy. 4/5 lipsticks overall, 3/5 for the pricing, 4/5 for the packaging because although it's beautiful, I don't like traveling with glass bottles.

on 5/1/2015 1:23:00 AM

This is my holy grail foundation! Despite how pricey it is, I definitely will be repurchasing when I run out. I can't even begin to explain how amazing this makes my skin look. It has amazing coverage - medium buildable - yet feels so lightweight on the skin. It doesn't cake up which is also a big plus! It lasts ALL day and doesn't fade or wear away by the end of the night. It looks flawless with or without a primer (but it looks all the more amazing with a primer).
If you're looking for a great foundation with great coverage that lasts all day, I would 100% recommend this one! It is expensive but it is SO worth it! So happy :)

Wanted to love this as the word "glow" attracts me in a base! Dry skinned girl and after some recommendations I thought this would be a perfect match! The color range IS perfect, and the yellow/olive undertones suit me just right. One star for that. But this foundation dries matte (where's the glow?), offers medium coverage(where's the sheer?), and does not have decent staying power (where's the point of even using this?). Even when set with a translucent powder, it will budge from just smudging with my fingertips and other wear and tear- not after a few hours; almost immediately. Another thing is that I couldn't apply this with my brush, nor my Beautyblender; I had to use my fingers... The finish looks best that way. However... It's time consuming and messy! And no pump? If this had been a good foundation the lack of a pump wouldn't bother me, so one more star for that... but I will not repurchase. :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is a love hate review for me. At first I really loved this product. Found it applied beautifully to a semi matte finish. My love changed when my face got a little dry and the foundation immediately clung to my dry patches and looked terrible! Love Nar's eyeshadow, not a fan of their face products. Ill stick to my Armani foundation.

on 4/20/2015 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Overall this is a good product. You can achieve a light, medium to medium/full (it's buildable) coverage. It photographs really nicely offering a natural but flawless result. This for me is it's biggest plus point. That and the colour choice is very good.

Con's are that it isn't the longest lasting foundation I've come across. However I've found that I can get more mileage by using the appropriate primer for myself and my clients, so not a deal breaker.

Don't be confused by the name - it's not a super glowy, moisturising or worse, greasy consistency. It's more of a satin healthy skin finish which can sit slightly more velvety on some. I'd say this is good for normal to oilier skin types. It's great for normal skin types (isn't that usually the way). Not so great for extreme oily (lasting power) or extreme dry (not moisturising enough) in my experience.

One real bugbear - The large square cap lids that cover the small-screw tops are a nightmare. Square caps frequently come off in transportation or the screw-top gets stuck inside the cap lid making the bottle difficult to close without leaks.

Due to the fact that I need a product that photos well and the Nars MUA discount, I will most likely purchase again. If you are going to be photographed then this is a real contender but if it's just a night out and you are up close and personal then I prefer chanel perfection lumiere velvet. Overall though it's one to keep.

Video Reviews & Tutorials