September 23, 2014 | 1029 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Complexion Perfection

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

The first day I used this product it didn't look as if it did anything until I mixed the pink and green and used it on my under eye circles. It brightened up the area but I was still not happy. Some have suggested using a light hand to apply it as a setting powder. I'll try that and see how it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by FaithLPS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly it doesnt work as a concealor for me, its more like a setting powder for me esp my under eye circles. i will use the yellow for my under eye circles after concealling it, jsut to set it. i dont see it really effective as a colour corrector concealor. its more like a blotting powder. the packaging is good, comes with a big mirror like NARS.
i got this from gmarket, SGD$7-8 :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good setting powder. It mattifies, and gives my makeup a decent bit of staying power. It's not the best powder I've ever used, but it's worth a try for three bucks! Not sure if I'll purchase again as I'm always on the hunt for something better, and of course am I bit of a beauty product junkie :) Still, worth it for the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

I'm an asian NC40 with relatively good skin, but this looks weird on me. It doesn't look natural at all. I don't have much redness to cover so I don't know how it works for that purpose.
It has 4 different shades,yellow,pink,blue and green and are supposed to neutralize,matify and brighten your face.
It makes my skin look the opposite, DULL! I rather matify my face with a skintoned powder or a translucent one.
Update; I started to use the yellow color to set my undereye concealer. For that it's actually pretty nice! 2 lippes up. It gives you a lot of product and it will last me forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by beefnoodles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product makes my skin look amazing!
I love it. I got it at 50% off so it was $1.50!! The mirror on it is great aswell.
The only thing I don't like is that I feel like my skin itches a tiny bit in the beginning when I put it on, but other than that, I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This does not show up on me or make any kind of difference with anything. This does not cancel out or conceal anything. if I wanted a mattifier I would just use my pressed powder. I love e.l.f but this one did not do anything. I would never repurchase. I would rather have another flat top brush instead of this for 3 bucks

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Lenjamin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, I need to describe the situation in which I am most commonly using this powder. I am a college student working fast food with super pale, super dry acne prone skin that I put through hell and back at work...In a typical shift, I can be near the fryers or bun toasters and be covered in a thick, layer of grease, or I can be at the drive through window getting blasted by the outside elements. As a result, I can end up with super parched to the point of bleeding skin (I've had to replace my moisturizer with pure neosporin during the winter months), with bad acne from the grease.

Then came this powder. Every morning, after cleansing, I apply a heavy layer of oil-free moisturizer, then take a big brush and buff in this powder. After that, I use a smaller brush in the yellow powder and swipe under my eyes, and in the green powder to swipe across my nose and chin (and any areas with acne) and my skin looks instantly polished.

What's so amazing is that once I started this my skin not only looked amazing with the powder on, but with it off. The powder seemed to protect my skin from the elements AND from the grease. Even though my skin still felt super super greasy leaving work, it was all on the surface instead of underneath attacking my pores. My acne cleared up, and my dry skin became a little less dry (no cracking or bleeding!). Basically, this powder saved my life AND made me look good in the process. HG for sure.

The packaging is really nice...very sleek and the mirror is a good size (when I travel, the mirror is more than adequate for all my needs). I did notice a bit of issue with fall out but only after I hit pan. The price is amazing, $3 is so cheap for the quality. After my local Target ran out, I made a special trip to another Target to stock up.

I noticed a lot of reviews saying that the powder on the skin can look very chalky. This powder is definitely designed for people with very pale skin. Naturally, this powder helps my pale skin to look even better, I don't even need foundation or concealer. On the occasions I decide to wear either of those, the powder helps set it and my makeup lasts a million times longer. I did use this on a friend with skin not quite as pale as mine, and the results were just as impressive.

Overall, another great product from e.l.f., and my philosophy with their brand is to try everything, because it's guilt-free knowing it's so cheap. :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

Best multi-color correcting powder I've had. I'm very fair and it works beautifully with my skin tone, I wear it over my usual pressed powder. When I use the blue and pink, they give my skin a beautiful matte glow, and the green and yellow work wonderfully for red patches. A perfect finishing powder for an even more perfect price <3

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by glasker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This really didn't work for me - I just don't see the point of it. The colours in the pan don't have enough pigment to 'correct' anything and when swirled together to make a pale white-ish powder that washes out my skin. I've tried using the colours individually to correct the relevant areas but again, totally pointless.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by mizzbouvier14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a GREAT product! Sweep it on over foundation, it does an awesome job of setting it all in for long term use. Another great discovery is-- that if I take a powder sponge, and sweep it over the yellow, and apply on my under eye, it totally CONCEALS the bags. This yellow is great at counteracting that icky brown color. :) I am impressed with every aspect out of this product, and I use it for multiple purposes.