December 21, 2014 | 1490 users online

Crème - Urban Decay - Surreal Skin Cream to Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by cassigail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had been using UD's Mineral foundation, but read some reviews on this and decided to try it when I got a Sephora gift card for Christmas. I do not regret picking this out. I have oily skin and, while my oil stays more at bay during the winter, this foundation gives me a naturally flawless look and I don't have to use my UD De-Slick powder nearly as often as usual. I wish it came with more foundation, but I have had it for two weeks and have barely scratched the surface of it. I am always weary of cream foundations, due to my skin being so oily, but this foundation really does dry as a powder. I think I'll be using this foundation for a long time. Urban Decay never lets me down!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by msmichelle

I have combination skin with an oily T zone and this foundation felt pretty nice on my skin. My skin is pretty clear so I just use foundation to even out my skin tone and this does a good job. It doesn't feel greasy or heavy and it really does give a satiny finish like it claims to do. The only complaints I have are the amount of product and the packaging. It has .28oz of foundation which is really not that much compared to other creme foundation compacts, and the price is very expensive for what you're getting. The packaging is super cute but bulky, making it hard for traveling. All in all, the foundation itself is a good product, just wish they gave more of it. You're basically paying for the cute packaging. So if you have clear skin and are just looking to even out your skin tone, I recommend just using the Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup since it gives a full coverage and will last you a lot longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love cream to powder foundations! I have combination skin with dry cheeks and an oily t-zone! I used to use benefit's Some Kind A Gorgeous but instead of re-purchasing when i ran out i decided to go out on a limb and purchase this! Im in LOVE!!!! I use a small kabuki brush to apply this but i want to get a larger stiffling brush so i can apply faster. make sure to really buff it on to make sure everything is flawless! this makes my nasty skin look naturally flawless, dream is the perfect color for me, i'm a really light complected hispanic female so it's hard to find something inbetween fair and medium. luckily urban decay provides alot of color choices! Im super smitten with the staying power as well, this has not rubbed off on anything (including my bf's shirt) and it doesn't have the weird chemical smell that some kind of gorgeous has. My skin also felt softer after I started using this, which is a huge plus for me! overall this is the most natural looking foundation i've ever owned! if you have an oily t-zone and you dont have time to re-apply i highly suggest buying UD's De-slick in a tube! you just need the tiniest amount to put on your skin before you apply this and you're literally golden until the nights end! de-slick in a tube works the best with cream to powder formula and helps so that you dont waste product re-applying every 4 or 5 hours. All in all this is a perfect foundation to give you that starlette look that you envy in those old classics! <3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not a huge fan of this foundation, though it does in a pinch. For one thing, none of the shades are a good fit for me, and it takes a lot of blending to get even a semi-natural look. The formula feels oily and cheap, and though the compact is nicely sized for a hand bag, the amount you get is tiny for the price. The included brush is pretty good, but I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by curlylashes91

This foundation is wonderful! My color is trance which is a little dark for me but not that much. (I'm an NC30 in the summer) the brush is OK, but I still use my own brush, unless I want to touch up than ill use the one that comes with it. If you think the price is too much, than you might want to check out Maybellines SMOOTH mousse foundation which IMO I think its a pretty close dupe. If anything the dream smooth is a bit more hydrating. This has a satiny/dewy finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by nonamenguyen

I was introduced to this product when I was on a mission to buy my Bare Escentuals foundation and UD Primer Potion. The sales lady said she always receive customers from MAC and Bare Escentuals switching to this foundation and loving it. I was not so sure about it and bought the BE instead. I ended up returning BE and buying this product. I have the product in 'Nirvana' but I can also use 'Dream'. It seems as though 'Dream' is not sold in as many department stores, but you can definitely find it in Sephora or on it's website.

The texture is much more smooth and I love how it just dries into powder. The brush does take a couple tries to getting use to, but once you do it is like brushing your flaws away. I love the packaging; very convenient to put in my bag. Very light and has a natural look; does not seem like you're wearing any make up. I suggest going to a store to have someone match up the color for you. This foundation is THE ONE for me and I am no longer in a search for foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by fparekh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Firstly, I'm pretty surprised by all the negative reviews but I absolutely loved the product.

YES - the packaging could be better and the brush is absolutely useless ... they should take out the brush and put more product in the compact instead.

Either way... I've been using Mac MSF in Medium Plus for years and nothing else. So I finally decided to branch out. I tried Smashbox Tinted Moisturizer, MUFE HD Foundation etc etc. After the entire search the last thing I thought would stand out from the rest is this UD Foundation - but it's amazing. It really does set into the powder finish nicely and gives pretty good coverage. I use 'VISION' and it matches my skin tone perfectly. Without even putting any primer or moisturizer prior to applying this at SEPHORA, it gave me a nice dewy, even complexion.

Overall - I say next time you're looking for a good foundation/powder that gives you little to medium coverage, along with a healthy glow - definitely check this product out.

Definitely will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by queenbee1225

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I've been on the constant search for the perfect foundation. I went to ULTA, expecting they'd have an inexpensive, good quality foundation that I would be able to stick to. Turns out, that brand was discontinued, to my dismay. So instead of walking straight out the door, I compromised. The lady suggest this product and I loved it at first. I tend to sweat, and it stayed on through everything! I loved this formula...until a few weeks later. I found that the packaging broke, and it didn't click together. Still didn't really bother me, so I kept using it. Unfortunately, it doesn't settle very well AT ALL. It takes at least 30 minutes for it to look like I'm not a pale vampire. It's such a waste. And I can't use the brush. That's part of the reason why it's so hard to blend. The brush is crap. If needed, use a kabuki.
Pros: Talc-free, buildable, good coverage
Cons: Horrible packaging, even worse brush, doesn't settle, hard to blend
Note: The only thing I use this for now is a DIY tinted moisturizer. Very creamy, and works well with my Clean and Clear SPF. But definitely NOT worth the 34-freaking-bucks. D:

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wish UD would come out with a compact POWDER foundation with a matte finish (like a de-slick powder foundation)! This cream to powder is like any other cream foundation, its slick, never dries completely on your face, rubs off at the slightest touch, and doesn't even give very good coverage, its very sheer and gives a natural finish. I love the compact of course, like all UD products the packaging is great, just the foundation is not.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I went into Sephora looking for a foundation and since i LOVE UD, i really wanted to try our the foundation. the SA found the perfect match for my skin but I hated how she applied it on my face with a sponge. it made it look cakey and super duper heavy, but i decided i'll try it anyways. it took a couple of tries to actually master using this product but once i figured it out, its amazing. I know a lot of people complain about the brush it comes with, but i love the brush. after applying the product you need to buff it out in circles, not lines or else it will streak. it does amplify dry spots but after a while, if you have oily skin like me, that dry patch goes away after a while so no biggie. a little of this product goes a long way. ive had it for over a month, using it every day, it barely looks like i touched it. the only complaint i have is probably the packaging, it's so bulky. i wish they cut down on all that excess space for the brush. the price is a tad expensive, but i will most likely repurchase when i run out and hopefully it'll be around the time UD has their friends&family discount sale. (: