Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Concealer

3.8

Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Sodium Chloride, Mica, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Glycerin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, p-Anisic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tromethamine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Spilanthes Acmella Flower Extract, Laureth-4, [CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 6/3/2012 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm already a big fan of the HD foundation, but I've had a hard time finding a concealer that both concealed my under-eye circles, covered my blemishes adequately, and did NOT accentuate the fine lines under my eyes. An MA at Sephora recommended this concealer, and I'm very happy I took her suggestion. This evens out redness and helps cover my breakouts when I want full coverage, and when I buff it in using my MAC 217 brush it doesn't sink into the lines under my eyes. So far it seems to stay put and not contribute to any more breakouts (but I don't use it or the HD foundation every day, just when I go out at night.) The only thing I really don't like about it is the packaging. The applicator is just...weird...and hard to work with, and I feel like I wind up wasting product b/c of the click dispenser. But I've learned to adapt to it so that's not as much of a problem as it was. Will still re-purchase, as it's by far the best concealer I've found.

on 6/2/2012 11:45:00 PM

Great concealer....covers my dark circles perfectly!! However, i really can't stand the packaging of this product. The stupid silicon tip does not hold extra concealer that you will accidently roll out and certainly cannot be used as a applier. And the price is rediculesly expensive, almost 40 cd for 0.05 oz while alot of it will end up wasted in the cap. And it's even more fustrating when you getting ready for work and waitin for this thing to come out with the right amount. Wish this was in a simple squeez tube.

on 5/25/2012 1:06:00 PM

I picked up the MUFE HD Starter Kit with the Primer, Brush and Powder, and Foundation. I also bought the HD concealer. I was super excited to try these products because of all the hype they have gotten!

I have to say i was extremely dissapointed will all of these products! I currently use Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever foundation and powder and they outperform MUFE line in every aspect!

Primer: The Primer does not do anything to prevent oiliness in my t-zone and makes no difference in foundation application or staying power when applied before foundation. I prefer the Too Faced Oil Free Primed and Poreless primer which works wonderfully!

Foundation: The foundation does not melt into my skin and instead sits on top of the primer/skin and makes my pores look enlarged. It does not wear well and after work i can see where some of the foundation/primer has been absorbed by my skin and so my skin looks blotchy and this is NOT a good look.

Concealer: The concealer goes on nicely at first and then proceeds to dry out and cake into the fine lines under my eyes. Even setting it iwth the HD powder does not help. It has a horrible drying effect and just looks bad on older (over 40 ) skin. My fav concealer is Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and brightening powder

HD Powder: This feels okay going on and does mattify my makeup look but does not do anything to prolong the foundation lasting or help the concealer not congeal in clumps under my eyes. It is not any better than the same HD pwder by ELF or Smashbox.

Brush: I love the brush in this set and it is the only thing i would consider keeping.

on 5/19/2012 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is literally the worst concealer I have ever used. I have dark circles under my eyes, some acne every now and then and some serious redness around my nose. This concealer didn't cover any of it. It always looked like I was wearing cakey make up. This stuff separated like nobodies business either. This was a complete was of money. I would never suggest it to anyone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The first under-eye concealer that I've actually managed to finish. Re-purchased again today!
Its consistency is perfect, thick enough to stay put but not so thick that it looks cakey. Still not cakey after setting with my Maybelline Dream Matte powder. Buildable coverage, but one layer usually suffices for my dark circles. It lasts very well, I live in a humid climate and find that this concealer will hold up for a whole day of 7-10 hours! I have yet to try it on a night out involving dancing and sweating, but will update once I do.

The only real downside is the packaging. The product comes out of a small hole in this strange flimsy rubber tube that is also used to spread the product. The concept is great, but the rubber isn't of very good quality and after a while bends out of shape which can sometimes disrupt the flow of the product. And the fact that it's 1.5mL for about $40 USD! But I digress, it's the only undereye concealer I've liked, and will continue to repurchase until I find a better alternative.

on 5/13/2012 8:23:00 PM

This is probably the first under-eye concealer that I really really like and will re-purchase. My under-eye area is dry and most concealers emphasize fine lines and the typical creasing that happens throughout the day. However this MUFE HD concealer stays put throughout the day for my without settling into my fine lines and doesn't dry out the skin under my eyes, which is the major selling point for me. It also has decent coverage. The coverage is build-able without getting cakey. The applicator is a rubber tip with a small hole for where the product comes out when you twist. The downfall is that it is very easy to waste product. I find I do a have twist once than pinch the applicator below the hole so that only a small amount comes out. It's a hassle but this isn't exactly cheap at around $28 CAD for 1.5ml or 0.05 fl.oz. Because it is pricey for the amount I only use it for under-eye concealing and not blemishes. I also like that doesn't have shimmer in it.

on 4/5/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So I'm an inanely stressed out medical student in my mid 20s...living off of too much caffeine and way too little sleep. This, of course, means massive, ZOMBIEFIED dark BLACK-PURPLE circles...plus I'm of Indian descent so there's also the oh-so-lovely genetic predisposition that makes it all that much worse. Yay. Not :( To give you some idea of how bad my dark circles are/were - during clinic rounds my patients kept trying to get ME to lay down because they thought I looked more sick then they did.

I was resigned to looking like the walking undead until an amaaaazing MUA at the local Sephora suggested I try a combo of MUFE's Orange Color Corrector + this concealer (in #160) on top to blend it out. And, I kid you not...before I even put my NARS Sheer Glow in Syracuse on top...my dark circles are 90% gone. It's incredible. I actually look like a healthy human again!!! Plus, I'm shocked by how incredibly well the color matches my skin tone - which as I'm sure all you WOC are well aware can often be a rarity. Now, besides some hyperpigmentation, the dark circles, and a bit of old acne scarring, I have fairly even skin so I adore this concealer b/c with this plus the corrector I can actually skip foundation most days.

I know some people don't like the rubber tip, but that's a matter of personal preference. I actually do like it - but if you don't just twist a bit of product onto the back of your hand and use a fingertip or a brush on your face. Pat, don't rub, & use your ring finger! Now, coverage wise, I don't think this would be enough if I wasn't using the color corrector underneath, but since I am...most of the purple-ly dark circle is already covered by that so the concealer is the perfect amount of coverage necessary to blend out the orange.

One problem I DO have is that as the day goes on this does tend to settle into fine lines underneath my eyes a bit if I haven't properly primed & set my face. I can usually get around this by using a decent primer before I use the corrector & then using a translucent setting powder on top of the concealer but it is something of a con that keeps it from being the absolute holy grail concealer. Now, for me, this is a bit pricey - but I'm amazed by how little product you need to cover up so much! It like...melts into your skin and really lasts so because of how much better I end up looking with this concealer on - I think it's absolutely worth it. I'm definitely going to re-purchase this once I run out (I've been using this every day for about three months and I haven't run out yet)...

Still, I absolutely recommend at least trying this combo of products for ANYONE struggling with dark circles!

on 3/18/2012 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this one. I use it under my eyes as a concealer, as well as, a highlighter between my eyebrows. It blends very nicely and doesn't crease or flake. I use 310 which is a pale pink, the color is natural/subtle and compliments my fair cool-toned skin very well. The packaging is not the greatest as the tip gets messy but definitely still worth it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you are looking for a lightweight concealer that offers amazing coverage, then this is for you. I have always been a fan of MUFE, and I just had to try this concealer. At first, I was a bit put off from the consistency. It's a little runnier than the concealers I have used in the past. I mean in general it was still creamy, but I was afraid that it would apply sheer. Boy was I wrong. This concealer has AMAZING coverage, for both the under eye area as well as for spot treatments. And what's great is that I don't have to apply a lot to get what I want out of it. The only downside to this product is its application. It comes as a pen with a flat rubber tip at the end. There is a hole there which the product comes out. I feel like there is a lot of product stuck at the end in the tip, and I have to bend it to get it all out. It's just a strange applicator, but other than that. LOVE.

on 3/3/2012 6:45:00 AM

I bought the shade 315. at first I thought it was a little too light for my skin tone, but it turns out to be an illuminating color for the under eye area. It is not the most moisturising concealer, so creasing still occurs. but the most annoying thing is the applicator. I probably will not repurchase after I finish the tube. You only need a little product, so it seems like it will last me a long time. It does not provide the same coverage as my all time HG concealer by cle de peau.