April 25, 2014 | 951 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Hug Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by allabouterica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great day time lipstick. No too overpowering and my go-to lip colour. Gives me a pink-beige nude look and isn't drying. Wonderful day time lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by A7XSYNdrome

This is without a doubt, my favorite lipstick ever! It's nice and sheer, almost a no-show color, but the tinest touch of nude pink. It's what I've been looking for FOREVER! It's so subtley pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by huntermekare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Totally a MLBB shade for me. It doesn't show up as a nude color but gives my lips kind of a pinkish shine (I have decently pigmented lips). It's getting a higher score mainly because of the color - the staying power isn't as great as my other MAC lipsticks and it does seem to come off after a few hours.
I do love the smell of all the MAC lip products, so that's a plus.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by stls

It does nothing for me. Looks like I've used a just a tinted lip balm, the colour doesn't show up at all since it's reaaaally sheer and lasting power is close to zero. Girls with pigmented lips, don't bother with this one.
I gave it a three because it doesn't accentuate the lines on my lips and feels moisturising.
I use it like a lip balm, for the days that I want something not obvious on my lips.
Oh, and I read that this is considered similar to Estee Lauder Crystal Baby. Well, on me it isn't! Crystal Baby is more pinkish and provides better coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by patrata

I'm NC25. This Hug me lippie is my HG!!!
I love the color so much, I would repurchase this lipstick again!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ceen

A glistening, pink-beige nude, which should appeal as a daytime shade across differently toned complexions. Uber moist, lightweight texture. Mac liner in 'Spice' makes a perfect partner.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by edith99

I really like the color, it is a really neutral color, for everyday use or a night out, when paired with heavier eyes. Good texture too.
The problem is that it doesn't last on my lips. I have to apply it every 2 or 3 hours! I won't buy it again because of the lasting power, but I will continue using it until it ends because I really like the color. I will try to find a match with a better staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by FIlippaHallondoft

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot understand the hype.This an ok everyday lipstick with a subtle color for everyday wear. But sometimes the color shows up a bit too greasy brown for me.The texture is nothing special either. Itīs creamy but the lustre is compareable with any cheap lipbalm. My advise is to go for the more sophisticated alternative Chanel Rouge Coco Secret instead!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This lipstick is one of the few I just cannot stand. I think it's very similar to Mac's Cherish in the sense that both are too brown for me. The color is described as a "flesh pink" and while I do kind of agree I think it's more mauve leaning brown. In my opinion it's a darker version of Blankety, which is my most favorite lipstick Mac makes. It does go on smoothly and does not dry out my lips but I obviously would not buy this again due to the color. But I love the scent, formulation and packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by BellaBoo86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hands down, my favorite MAC lipstick I've ever owned. MLBB product for me (NC25, pigmented lips). No sparkles, but amazing shine. It's sort a strange mixture of pinky, mauve, brown and gray in the tube... but once it goes on, WOW! Natural looking, no fuss, and just plain pretty. I love that this lipstick is so low maintenance, too: no liner, gloss or brushes required to make it look good. It's seriously a swipe and go kinda product. Would defintely recommend and definitely repurchase.