October 26, 2014 | 926 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Hug Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this today from nordstrom.com with free shipping/ returns. Hug Me is a "flesh toned pink". I think I would add to this slightly gold toned, browned pink. The perfect everyday pink. Looks beige in indoor lighting and more pink in the sunlight. I thought I wanted Hue, but Hug Me looks just perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by traceystar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this shade. It's a great everyday color, perfect medium-pink-nude shade :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by FracturedBroken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I bought this I was hoping it would be a MLBB shade for me. I'm NC35 with pigmented lips and this did not show up on me. Unfortunately this was not the everyday nude I was searching for. I do like the formula and it felt nice when I wore it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by addercat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

YES. I love this color. I'm NW20 and this is the perfect MLBB color for me. I love lipstick, but I don't wear it very often and am trying to wear it more. Bright obvious colors are still a little shocking to me (on me that is) so something like this is great because it just enhances my lips. Also love MAC lipsticks in general - they feel amazing on and mmm, vanilla! Great color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by FriendlyAussie

I have been looking for the perfect MLBB lippy for over a year and have finally found it in Hug Me. I am a red toned, NW15 PPP with very pigmented warm toned lips. The texture is luxurious, the smell is divine, the lasting power can't be beaten and I adore the MAC bullet packaging. I will repurchase every time I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Fuu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hi, since clinique discontinued my favorite shade (like a decade ago…=/ ) I have been looking for the perfect nude… This is it. I’m NC15; but my lips are super pigmented (like the color you would spec from a NC35) so the nudes you would usually use with my skin tone make me look wash out (‘cause I’m used to darker shades in my lips) This is super sheer; so my lips gets an amazing color. Like my lips… but juicier. I suggest to swatch it an tried in person. The lustre lipstick can be tricky to get right. I take a lippie because it has not lasting power. In my case is not drying; but that’s a individual feature too.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have mixed feelings about this lipstick. i got it for free as a gift from back to mac program.. from swatches and videos ive watched, i expected it to be more pink-ish.. its more brown-ish than id like it to be. when i first put it on i immediately disliked it and wanted to back to mac it.. but i gave it a second chance and and i kinda like it now.
on me its like "my lips but better -brownish-..i guess ill keep it and use it, but i dont think ill buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Caryn1477

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick was actually a little bit too pink and too sheer for me...it comes off pretty quick if you don't use a primer. Pretty color, just not for me.
*update* 9/6/2013-
I don't know what happened, had a change of heart about this one. It has become one of my faves...a "my lips but better" color. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by asiavercetti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just recently began my search at MAC for a perfect nude. It's not easy, since I have very pigmented and slightly two-toned lips. As with all my makeup purchases, I research the product and google images of it before I actually go to the store and buy it. I had my mind set on purchasing half n half (amplified creme) but in person it is way more brown than I expected. The makeup artist at MAC was not helpful at all, so I ended up just picking out "hug me" myself. Let me say, I am VERY pleased. It is not as opaque as I would like (if your lips arent that pigmented this shouldnt be a problem) but it is the perfect nude color for my skin tone. I do not look washed out at all and it does a great job at evening out my lips and giving them a sexy, pouty look. On me, it is a nice pinky-brown nude. I also like how creamy and smooth it applies. So happy with my purchase! For reference I am NC40-42.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by megabookfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Perfect nude. Like all Mac lipsticks, it's super hydrating. Not sure if it really lasts a super long time but it's a really pretty pinkish brown color. Very warm. Great color for fall winter season because of the warm ndertones.