July 29, 2014 | 1913 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Hug Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by addercat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

YES. I love this color. I'm NW20 and this is the perfect MLBB color for me. I love lipstick, but I don't wear it very often and am trying to wear it more. Bright obvious colors are still a little shocking to me (on me that is) so something like this is great because it just enhances my lips. Also love MAC lipsticks in general - they feel amazing on and mmm, vanilla! Great color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by FriendlyAussie

I have been looking for the perfect MLBB lippy for over a year and have finally found it in Hug Me. I am a red toned, NW15 PPP with very pigmented warm toned lips. The texture is luxurious, the smell is divine, the lasting power can't be beaten and I adore the MAC bullet packaging. I will repurchase every time I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Fuu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hi, since clinique discontinued my favorite shade (like a decade ago…=/ ) I have been looking for the perfect nude… This is it. I’m NC15; but my lips are super pigmented (like the color you would spec from a NC35) so the nudes you would usually use with my skin tone make me look wash out (‘cause I’m used to darker shades in my lips) This is super sheer; so my lips gets an amazing color. Like my lips… but juicier. I suggest to swatch it an tried in person. The lustre lipstick can be tricky to get right. I take a lippie because it has not lasting power. In my case is not drying; but that’s a individual feature too.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have mixed feelings about this lipstick. i got it for free as a gift from back to mac program.. from swatches and videos ive watched, i expected it to be more pink-ish.. its more brown-ish than id like it to be. when i first put it on i immediately disliked it and wanted to back to mac it.. but i gave it a second chance and and i kinda like it now.
on me its like "my lips but better -brownish-..i guess ill keep it and use it, but i dont think ill buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Caryn1477

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick was actually a little bit too pink and too sheer for me...it comes off pretty quick if you don't use a primer. Pretty color, just not for me.
*update* 9/6/2013-
I don't know what happened, had a change of heart about this one. It has become one of my faves...a "my lips but better" color. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by asiavercetti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just recently began my search at MAC for a perfect nude. It's not easy, since I have very pigmented and slightly two-toned lips. As with all my makeup purchases, I research the product and google images of it before I actually go to the store and buy it. I had my mind set on purchasing half n half (amplified creme) but in person it is way more brown than I expected. The makeup artist at MAC was not helpful at all, so I ended up just picking out "hug me" myself. Let me say, I am VERY pleased. It is not as opaque as I would like (if your lips arent that pigmented this shouldnt be a problem) but it is the perfect nude color for my skin tone. I do not look washed out at all and it does a great job at evening out my lips and giving them a sexy, pouty look. On me, it is a nice pinky-brown nude. I also like how creamy and smooth it applies. So happy with my purchase! For reference I am NC40-42.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by megabookfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Perfect nude. Like all Mac lipsticks, it's super hydrating. Not sure if it really lasts a super long time but it's a really pretty pinkish brown color. Very warm. Great color for fall winter season because of the warm ndertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by este

Gorgeous colour, really enhances your general daytime look without being over the top. Doesn't last long though, and is a bit drying. Love the shine of the Lustre formula. AUSSIE and NEW ZEALAND girls, try Australis brand Colour Inject Mineral Lipstick in Macarena colour, very close dupe for Mac Hug Me, just a touch darker, but a lot more moisturizing and longer lasting, and much cheaper! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by allabouterica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great day time lipstick. No too overpowering and my go-to lip colour. Gives me a pink-beige nude look and isn't drying. Wonderful day time lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by A7XSYNdrome

This is without a doubt, my favorite lipstick ever! It's nice and sheer, almost a no-show color, but the tinest touch of nude pink. It's what I've been looking for FOREVER! It's so subtley pretty.