MAC Lustre in Hug Me

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 7/23/2012 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hands down, my favorite nude lipstick. Really keeps your lips moisturized and looks great against my NC40 skin. Paired with a nude/golden lipgloss, it's really beautiful.

on 7/13/2012 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Reference: NC25 v. warm Asian with pigmented (rosy) lips.

I'm on the fence about this one. It swatches beautifully on people's arms - it's like a dewy brown with pink undertones that's very close to my natural lips. It's quite sheer though, so keep that in mind if you're looking for something more pigmented. On my lips, it's prone to disappearing due to how pink my lips naturally are, so I do need to layer it. The good news is that it evens out my lip color, hydrates and doesn't emphasize creases, so you CAN layer it quite a lot. It feels a lot like a balm, which is surprising coming from a MAC lipstick.

Like everyone said, this is a great "My Lips But Better" shade. It'll never be obvious though, so look elsewhere if you want something with more of a punch. I ended up returning this color because as pretty as it is by itself, it just cannot compete with the natural redness in my lips, making it kind of useless as a lipstick by itself. (NOTE: Maybelline Totally Toffee is a close dupe of this, it's very hard to tell them apart when swatched on my arm and my lips. TT may even be more pigmented!)

on 7/7/2012 11:42:00 AM

My coloring: MAC NC20ish (see my notepad for foundation matches), brown hair/eyes, and naturally slightly pinky-toned lips.

HUG ME is equivalent to the perfect pair of jeans and the simple white t-shirt, IMHO. For me it's the perfect MLBB shade. Tough to describe, but I would say it's a nude-brown with a pinkish hue. Not too brown, never orangey, and with just enough pink to make it pretty, giving you a healthy sheen.

HUG ME is a Lustre, which is my personal favorite formula. I don't find it drying and I love the slightly glossy finish. I find it lasts a few hours before needing a touchup. A great everyday neutral that goes with almost anything!

on 7/6/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first mac lipstick and i absolutely love this shade. It suits my complexion perfectly and it looks very natural and nude. It also lasts throughout the day, however i find that it can dry out my lips sometimes so i apply vaseline before i apply this lipstick. Definitely an everyday shade!

on 6/29/2012 10:56:00 PM

I'm in love with this product!! This is HG status for me right now. It was my first ever lipstick from mac. Hug Me ha the creamiest texture! It feels amazing on the lips, and isnt drying AT ALL. I will repurchase everytie I run out perfect MLB darker shade for me. I have slightly pigmented lips at times but mostly theyre canvas like so this is basically the color I wish they were with clear gloss on

on 5/17/2012 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one of my go-to, everyday lipsticks, along with Syrup. Hug Me is a little more brown, and is close to my natural, pigmented lip color. I like to wear Hug Me when I wear brown colors, especially a leather jacket. It has a very creamy texture, but can still be drying (like most MAC lipsticks, I've found), so I apply lip balm underneath. It doesn't last all day, but I don't mind reapplying when I need to. I will definitely buy again, though my MAC lipsticks last a long time.

on 4/30/2012 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've been wanting this lipstick for awhile, and now that I have it, I'm not that impressed. I'm going to continue to play around with it, but as of right now I would not repurchase.

on 4/27/2012 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This was my first lipstick ever from MAC and almost a decade later, it's still a fave! It's a nice nude/ brownish pink on me which is perfect for everyday or a smoky eye look. If you're in the medium/ tan/olive and deeper this will not wash you out.

on 4/19/2012 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Perfect nude pink for my lips. It's my 1st MAC lipstick and I love it. Will definitely repurchase once I'm done with this one.

on 3/29/2012 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this today from nordstrom.com with free shipping/ returns. Hug Me is a "flesh toned pink". I think I would add to this slightly gold toned, browned pink. The perfect everyday pink. Looks beige in indoor lighting and more pink in the sunlight. I thought I wanted Hue, but Hug Me looks just perfect for me.

Recommended for Medium Skin