November 27, 2014 | 1443 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Sandy B. lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by conniie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This looks like an orangey frosty mess by itself. It's very drying and applies unevenly...

BUT!

With any gloss (I use Physicians Formula clear plumping gloss) over it, it is HEAVENLY! You must must wear a gloss over this. Trust me, it'll look 10x better than the lipstick by itself. Since I've discovered this secret, this is one of my every day lip colors. It's pink/nude enough for everyday wear but not matte so it has a nice sheen to it too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by poutylipsplease

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

to wear this lipstick, you NEED to apply a clear gloss on top to neutralize the frost. then it turns into the most gorgeous muted peachy pink. I like it, only when worn this way

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by lindanail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Looked a little "too much" by itself on my fair complexion (frosty). But I Love, Love, Love this underneath and/or mixed with my boring, flat pink lipsticks. This just gives them that extra oomph! Now it's hard for me to wear my pink, nude, and peach lipsticks without a touch of Sandy B.
I will continue to buy this lipstick to add that extra something that most of my other lipsticks lack. It is very enhancing when mixed with other lipsticks
edit 5/29/10
This looks fabulous between the Smashbox Doubletake Gossamer stick. Line with the Gossamer liner, add Sandy B, then apply a bit of the Gossamer lip color to make it a little more matte and subtle. Looks like Audrey Hepburn's lips when you are finished. Worth the 3 steps for me as I cannot find the perfect one step peachy pink shade- but this is it with a tiny bit of effort and two products (the Gossamer Doubletake stick has a liner and lipstick in one pencil and is too light and boring on it's own). Added plus- my lipstick stays on for hours because of the layering process.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this lipstck out on a whim the other weekend. it looked soo perfect for summer. when i went home and applied it with my lipliner it looked very good! i just sort of pat it on my lips and the color looks like a pretty pinky peach goldy sheen. very pretty!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by kiwi_of_hearts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Somehow I was expecting Sandy B to be a paler shade of pink. In reality, it's a mid-toned pink, about the same darkness as my natural lip. In fact, I had trouble getting the color to show up on me--all I got was a ton of gold frost (even if I didn't put much) with no actual pink/peach color pay-off.

It looked terrible! It looked like I tried to put some gold-toned eyeshadow on my lips and call it lipstick. Way too frosty, even for a frost shade, and not flattering on me at all. It looked very streaky and uneven on my lips. If it were more opaque and less frosty, it might make a nice MLBB shade but, as it is, I'm definitely not a fan. I like MAC's Plink! lipstick much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by kja0432

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it is very frosty, but i found that to be ok, bc its not white frosty, but it has a lovely golden frost to it. im a pale asian, with a cool undertone.. i think.. and this looks lovely, almost has a nude look, but the golden glow creates glamor to this lipstick. it looks pink, but goes on pretty peachy golden. although i love this colour, i dont think i will buy it again... im getting sick of the mac l/s smell. Oh, and i found that you dont need to put on extra lipliner or gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by imbrys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is so sexy!!! I think this is a great color for olive skinned girls! I use it for a more neutral lip. I like to line with subculture and and then use gigglefest lip gloss.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by katia85

I really don't like this lipstick,it make my lips look very dry and chapped and is way to frosty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by shellbell090702

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe I've never tried this ls before. It looks just like Orgasm lg but in lipstick form. Because it's a frost, you definitely need to have soft, chap-free lips. It's beautiful alone or with a gloss over it (NARS Orgasm or MAC Nymphette). Sigh...another nude, pinky, peachy lippie to add to my growing collection of light lipsticks and glosses.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by ItaliNicki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! It's a beautiful frosty light peach/pink color! I adore it. I put a little gloss on top of it and it's perfect.