September 20, 2014 | 1173 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Aveeno - positively radiant

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

As someone with very oily skin, I never thought I would say this, but this is just too dry! The product comes out with a creamy texture, but as soon as it's applied, it dries out and gives a powery finish. Normally that would be a good thing, but this just didn't perform the functions a moisturizer would, and I couldn't use it on its own because I'd start to get patchy areas near my nose. Doesn't wear well over the day either, since it kind of 'wells up' with the oil on my face (it doesn't exactly transfer, but it starts to gather in my pores along with the oil) and just doesn't look good. I look dull and slightly dead when I first put this on, and then I just look like an oil slick after.

It works a bit better with another moisturizer mixed in or under it, but frankly, I'd pick an actual foundation over this. The coverage isn't bad, but it emphasizes lines and pores unless you put on a primer. Tinted moisturizer is supposed to be--in my mind--easy to use and a one-step process for days when I don't need that much make up. This just doesn't do it for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so exited to buy this product, because I like Aveeno product, but this one is not their best.
I actually bought it for summertime, but ironiously this us the very time I can't wear it. It makes my skin so oily! My skin is already oily in hot season and when I smooth it onto my face my face is super shiny! It also claims to even tone and texture which I didn't really notice .
It has SPF 3, but the amount of SPF ingredient make me doubt to wear it hot summer days.
I am pretty disappointed with this product. I am struggling to finish it, because I don't like to waste .
May be it will work better in winter, when I use it under my foundation. I will update my review and will let you know how it works in cold weather.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by cecilelpham

When I first bought this product I was thrilled! It was perfect: the medium shade perfectly matched my skin, it had SPF 30 which is exactly what I wanted, my skin looked flawless when I put it on, coverage was excellent, and its texture was easy and blendable. However after about a week of using this product, I noticed that I was breaking out a bit. It thought it would go away, so I just covered the acne with this TM. Then another week later, I realized that my acne was getting worse, and my face wouldn't stop breaking out! I stopped using this product and it took about 2-3 weeks for my acne to clear. I really tried to make it work, but this product was just hazardous for my skin. Also ewg.com/skindeep (a website that rates toxicity of makeup products) says the toxicity of this product is about an 8/10. If you decide to use this product, just be careful!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

This is my HG tinted mousturizer. I prefer it over most high end options. I don't wear a spec of makeup during the week, but ill wear this on the weekend during the day if need be as a light cover. My skin gets oily and is very sensitive and prone to breakouts, but I have never once had a problem with it. It matifies, looks so natural, and even soothesmy skin when it is irritated. The consistency is thick, but it feels light on, and is buildable. Oh, and the sunscreen in it is very effective. One of the few products I will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by olpsandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a tinted moisturizer, I would only give this one star. It was so thick, it was impossible to blend. However, as a moisturizer tinter, I would give this 5 stars. Unfortunately, it isn't supposed to a moisturizer tinter. If you buy it and find it unusable, try mixing a little bit with your regular moisturizer. It's actually nice because you can control how much color you have. Mix in more for bad skin days, less for better days.

The light color matches my skin perfectly (when mixed with reg moisturizer) and isn't sparkly or anything. I might buy it again, but I'll probably just keep looking for a good tinted moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by nancyballo

I have mixed emotions relating to Aveeno's Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. First, I love the packaging and the pump is a bonus so product is not wasted. Second, I love how it evens out my skin tone. Third, I love how it gave me a healthy glow/color since I'm pale than most people. However, I wish this product would last a little bit longer and wouldn't have so many shiny particles. I know women with Combination Skin ought to stick to Matte finish foundations, however, in the winter time, my skin tends to be dry and a tinted moisturizer is a perfect alternative to a liquid foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by AllieMonique

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed emotions over this product i think that it has medium coverage which is great because more heavier coverage products make me break out but this just rubs off too easily and at the end of the day i look at myself in the mirror and it appears that the product has like sweated off my skin which never happens
Would i buy this product again ?
Hmm maybe not

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by kcd27

I have big pores, and all this did was sink into my pores and make them looks super visible (EW). Also it doesn't rub into the skin well, it cakes and rubs off really easily. It has a nasty grainy consistency. It just sits on the skin and looks so visible so people can tell that you are wearing it. Its AWFUL DO NOT BUY IT!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by HolyPeas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this at first but it turned out to be a pretty terrible product.

It was great until I had had it a few months (its a HUGE container) and it very suddenly became a nasty consistency. it would actually pill and roll like a cheap sweater on my skin. very gross, and its not like I had it for months and months and months, I had it two, MAYBE THREE tops. Never again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by hannahstreet

When i first got this i loved it, it covered up any little blemises i had and i continued to use it for about 3 weeks, it worked great UNTIL i figured out it was breaking me out and gave me tons of zits all over my forhead. ugh. i will not be repurchasing.