August 21, 2014 | 2161 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by elainahanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just started using this product about a month ago in conjunction with "the regimen" (http://www.acne.org/regimen.html) - I wash in the AM and PM and apply Neutrogena "on the spot" benzoyl peroxide treatment (http://www.neutrogena.com/product/on-the-spot-+acne+treatment.do?sortby=ourPicks) according to the instructions for "the regimen". It does seem to be working pretty well. I definitely have a decrease in blemishes all around and the scars that were there are healing and fading away. I'm not sure how the Burt's Bees product would work on it's own. Probably not that well for me as I had previously been using Neutrogena's salicylic acne treatment and it really didn't help too much. For a while my skin began to clear but it didn't last.
I travel a lot and a big negative I have for this product is it's packaging. Totally leaks like crazy. No matter how tight you screw the lid on, even taping down the pop top, it still leaks and I end up losing a lot of product to my ziploc bag.
All in all a good alternative to using other chemically derived salicylic acne treatments.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by yve1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin. I have a very oily/shiny forehead, nose, upper lip, and chin. I've been getting interested in natural/organic foods and figured hey why not try natural/organic skin products? I did a lot of research on the web, going on forums and various websites. I found that this Burt's Bee's cleanser had the highest reviews. So, I bought it and gave it a try. I seen a decrease in my oiliness and adult acne. I was very satisfied. It really does work!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was having a baaad break out- so i was on a product binge to find a solution. At first it appeared that the BB's acne products were helping but it actually caused my skin to break out more in the end!

The cleanser it self left my skin feeling soft but it never felt like I could wash the whole product off- like the oil was trapped underneath my skin. I don't think salicylic acid is a good thing for me.

Sucks cause I used this for maybe two weeks and have so much left. Damn expensive too....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by rossjen

When I first heard of this and read the reviews, I thought I would fall in love with the product, but unfortunately it falls a bit short for me. I have sensitive combination skin, with pretty regular breakouts. In general, salicylic acid works pretty well for me, so I thought the 1% concentration would be ideal. The texture reminds me very much of what castile soap is like. While it is runny, I only need a dime-sized amount to produce a decent amount of lather to cleanse with. It washes off makeup pretty well, although sometimes my skin does feel the slightest bit tight. I've gone through half the bottle now, but as far as reducing breakouts and improving the general condition of my skin, it has neither harmed nor helped it. The high price point and the scent (not bad, but by no means my favorite) is also making me feel pretty ambivalent towards this. I will not repurchase as there are cleansers out there that I like much better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This cleanser did not work for me at all instead of preventing acne it did the complete opposite. My skin has been breaking out alot due to stress and I read in a magazine that this was a good cleanser for sensitive skin since it is natural. First of all you dont get that much product, I got the biggest size a 5 oz bottle for $10 which is a little bit expensive for such a small amount. This claims to be a gel but I found it to be more fluid and thin. The packaging is not great at all if you squeeze the bottle too hard too much product comes out since its so liquidly. The smell is ok and the cleanser forms up a little bit. After I started using this my skin begain to break out more which I figured it was just purging so I keep using it. Much to my dismay a few days later I work up with big red bumps on my cheek that im pretty sure are hives . I think this would be good for sensitive skin but be careful and do a test patch first.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by janinetondu

I loved this cleanser, the packaging..not so much. I tended to lose some of the cleanser since it had a very watery texture, perhaps a pump would have worked better. Although my face did feel clean after using it. It was like a breath of fresh air and soothing to the face. Did it clear the acne, no. I felt no change in my acne it just felt nice. FYI I did use the entire system.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by sangsookpak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My skin type: oily, sensitive, acne-prone. I got this to help clear a bad flare-up I got from trying coconut oil as a moisturizer. It comes in a rigid plastic bottle with a disc-top cap (you press on one end of the cap and the product comes out of a small rectangular hole on the other end). The cleanser itself is a gel that's watery enough to drip out of the hole, which is good because the bottle is hard to squeeze. It's too watery to just unscrew the cap and pour, though.

I use a nickel-sized amount on my face and neck using just my hands in the morning. In the evening, I use a quarter-sized amount on my face and neck with the Shiseido Cleansing Massage Brush after removing my makeup with Albolene and a tissue. I haven't tried using it to remove makeup alone, but it does a good job of removing the Albolene/makeup residue left behind after I wipe most of it off with the tissue.

No miracles for the first few days, but it seemed to be helping, so I added the toner from the same line. It's been a week now, and my face is a lot better. It's not completely clear, but it's healing nicely from the havoc wreaked upon it by the coconut oil. I still have teeny pimple bumps all over my face, but the giant, red, flaky itchy patches and larger pimples are gone.

The combination of the cleanser and toner are a bit drying, so in the morning, I follow them with Muface Daily Moisturizing Complex and Nivea Cream (from the blue tub), and at night, with Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Intensive Repairing Serum and Radiance Night Cream. Even though my skin is oily, it's sensitive and has a tendency towards getting flaky if irritated, but so far, this combination is working.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Ohbabyyoureaclassic

I have no idea how this has gotten such good reviews. I guess it workd for some people...
I have mildly sensitive combination skin. I had been using the Yes To Tomatoes ace Lotion and Cetephil before I switched to Burts Bees, in hopes that the many zits/clogged pores on my forehead and blackheads on my nose and chin would be cleared up. Boy, was I dissappointed.

Pros:
-Makes my skin feel clean
-Has kind of a nice citrus/spicy smell

Cons:
-Bottle leaks at the top when you turn it over to pur the gel onto your hand, leaving a gross sticky residue all over the top
-Did not clear my acne
-Seemed like to was striping my skin of all moistures and natural oils
-Must use moisturizer immediately after drying face since this leaves skin tight
-Kinda Expensive

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by qkellie

I wanted to like this stuff so much, but it's just not doing much for my combo/oily/acne prone and occasionally sensitive skin. It doesn't smell great (and I'm one who usually really likes "weird" product smells, so that says something), it feels overly drying to the point where I have to slather on a lot of moisturizer, especially at night, and I feel like even with using BP treatment, the acne around my chin, jawbone, and upper neck has actually gotten worse. I've suffered a couple of really rather disgusting breakouts--huge whiteheads that bleed at the slightest touch--while using this stuff. I think I'm just sensitive to some ingredient in it. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by saamvc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin and LOVE that this cleanser does not dry it out any further. I think it does a great job preventing and clearing my acne. I still get acne occasionally but they're not as large or noticeable as before.

The only negative I have is the smell -its pretty awful. Overall it is a great product and I would repurchase.