Illamasqua Hussy

4.7

Talc, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, Mica, Aqua (Water), Magnesium Myristate, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-150, Silica, Ricinus Communis Oil (Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Quaternium-26, Methylparaben, Glyceryl Ricinoleate, Ethylparaben, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Propylparaben, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cetyl Alcohol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Parfum (Fragrance) And May Contain: [ /- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Carmine CI 75470, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Red 7 CI 15850, Red 21 Lake CI 45380, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Red 40 Lake CI 16035, Red 27 Lake CI 45410]. May contain Carmine as a colour additive.

on 5/16/2011 7:24:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

The perfect matte coral! Amazingly pigmented, like all Illamasqua blushes, but easy to blend, it's the perfect bright color for summer cheeks, at least for me, pale NC15 gal. Perfect to use together with a touch of bronzer for an amazingly realistic sunkissed look (this said by someone who's never naturally "sunkissed", since I don't do sunbathing and I always use sunscreen).

on 5/15/2011 4:25:00 AM

"Hussy" was my first Illamasqua purchase and I am so impressed with it I went back for more!
You need very little of this blush to go a long way as it is highly pigmented. I tried to use my MAC 129 brush to apply it, but it picked up too much product. After much experimentation I now use my MAC 188 to apply the blush to the apples of my cheeks and buff across my cheekbones.
I paid 16.50 for it in Debenhams, and for such a lot of product I think this was a great price.
The debenhams website describes "Hussy" as a "bright candy pink". I agree that this blush is "bright" but I consider it to be more of a neutral, dusky coral pink on my N10 skin.
The packaging is sleek and pretty, nothing fancy but it is very durable (I dropped it in the bathroom on a night out, it didnt shatter or even get a scratch!)
Although this looks fantastic on my pale skin, it would look amazing on someone with a tan or dark skin too...infact I think it is one of those colours that would suit most people!!

on 4/26/2011 1:24:00 PM

Thanks to MUA reviews, I purchased this blush in Honolulu. I really like the formula and the color. Some powder blushes look patchy on me, because I have slightly dry, uneven skin on my cheeks. But this applies like a dream, and has a silky look. I can't afford to buy too many of these, but I'm excited to discover this brand!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hussy is an incredibly gorgeous blush. I have been wearing it non-stop for past few weeks because it is just absolute perfection and no other blush in my collection compares with it. It is a bright, hot pink shade that goes on entirely matte. On my Olive/NC40-42 skin tone, it instantly brightens my complexion and casts off a healthy glow to my face. I am in love with it! As with all Illamasqua blushes, caution must be taken when applying it because it is very, very pigmented. Excellent blush that I am positive will work for all skin tones!

on 3/22/2011 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried lots of blushers and Hussy is one of the best matte blusher. Another great one is from Kesalan Patheran bright pink. I'm currently in love with Illamasqua Dixie cream blush which really a cream version of Hussy. All skin tone should look great in these 2 blushers. Just run & buy Hussy or Dixie.

on 2/2/2011 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

AMAZING! My first Illamasqua blush and definitely not my last! The pigment is incredible and the color is amazing. It's a pinkish-coral color that gives an amazing flush to the skin. It makes my skin look really healthy and glowy. You can definitely overdo it, so apply with a light hand or use a skunk brush. Great lasting power too, and I have oily skin. So excited about this brand! I'm glad I strayed from NARS to try this! This may have replaced Amour for me!

This Illamasqua blush in Hussy is really an ideal blush, as described before me. It has a rosy-coral feel or look to it. It's a color that you really cannot nail. But it pulls off a natural, wind-swept coloring to the face.

It does not clog into the pores, making a glaring statement of ineffective product. It seems to float on the face in its finely milled powder. You need only a tiny pounce of a Mac skunk brush and apply. Here's where blushes, either live up to excellent, or poor. I hardly have to blend the product all along the edges to make that natural look. It blends unbelievably well. This little fact is important to me because of my difficulty on blending. Sometimes, with mature skin, the more you blend, the more you are squishing the product into the lines or pores. That's not good at all.

I'm a definite follower, now, of the Illa blushes. I ordered Unrequited and Tweak and will update you on them later in the week.

on 12/29/2010 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I do look like a bit of a hussy when I wear this, in a good way. Gives me the look of a bit of morning action, but without the effort ;)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This blush (while pricey) is AMAZING. It looks REALLY bright in the pan which can be intimidating but I used a fan brush to apply it and it gave me the most gorgeous color on the cheeks. This blush is pretty much pure pigment. You don't need much at all (again, i used a fan brush and barely picked up product and I still got a visible hue on my cheeks). This blush also wears very well. After several hours I could still see it on and it looked very natural (not overly done or anything).

If I ever run out of it I will definitely be purchasing it again.

on 10/24/2010 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Most flattering blush ever. This is a reddish coral pink (?) that I was actually sort of worried would look too bright on me at the time I bought it (I'm NC15-20 depending on the time of year). But instead I ended up with the most foolproof, beautiful "flushed" color on the face of the earth. I love blush that looks similar to how your cheeks flush when you go out skiing, and I had previously gotten NARS Exhibit A to try and mimic this, but since it's such a one-tone, intense color I found it really hard to get right. Hussy is like a step down from there, possibly even more flattering because it's got a mix of tones, and much easier to apply. I tap my brush very lightly into the pan twice and this is just enough to give me nice, natural-looking color. The color is really buildable, there is absolutely no shimmer, and the powder is very fine so it doesn't accentuate fine lines, pores, or any issues you may have. I believe this color will look beautiful on almost any skin tone. I really feel like Illamasqua makes the best blushes on the market, so I really recommend you pick one up. With the amount of product in the pan, it will last you forever!

Popular Blush Products