Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

2.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Dimethicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Cyclopentasiloxane,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,PEG-10 Dimethicone,Phenoxyethanol,Stearic Acid,HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer,Alumina,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,Ethylhexylglycerin,Silica May Contain: CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (VEGAN)

on 3/31/2012 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I had some points at Sephora so I decided to give this a try. I would have never tried this if it wasn't free. I actually like the way it feels on my face but I don't think it does much. It didn't make my foundation look extra ordinary. For the cost this product isn't necessary. If you are a beauty insider at sephora and can get this free, it's worth a try.

This does help diminish pores a bit, and keeps makeup in place. I honestly hate the texture of it though, it looks and feels like bacon grease so I always feel really icky putting it on.

on 3/10/2012 3:22:00 PM

I honestly haven't noticed any difference in my pores after applying, but as a primer, it does work quite well. I normally purchase this when my HG primer (Hourglass Veil) has burned a hole in my wallet.

on 3/3/2012 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i only use this on my nose, where i have huge pores and it really does minimize pores! it does not completely make them invisable, just minimized, which is good enough. i only use a little bit, because i think if you use too much product, a purpleish tint will show! but you can blend out the purple tint. i don't use this all over my face because my foundation, estee lauder double wear, doesn't even need a primer. so i can see this lasting a long time. also, i got this in a little set at sephora with a travel size all nighter spray (which i also love!) and this... they're both travel sizes and was $14 together, which is a pretty good price. not sure if i'd buy the full size for $30, but maybe if i see this in another set i will.

on 2/29/2012 12:15:00 AM

It did a great job keeping my makeup intact, but I found that I still got oily no less than usual. However, I don't think this primer is supposed to specifically "absorb" oil or keep it at bay, which unfortunately doesn't make this product worth the money for me. For people with normal/dry skin, this will probably work better!
When I used it, I only used really tiny, thin half-inch lines, because I read that using more would cause the skin to react with even more oil. Less is more in this case.

on 2/9/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I am hard to please when it comes to primers. I have tried a boatload of them from very cheap to very expensive ones. A lot of primers have given me skin problems (clogged pores, zits) and frustration. This is not one of them. This primer is white when it comes out of the tube. It is thick but I don't need a lot of it to do the job. Some of the primers I have tried in the past are thin and spread easily which is due to the silicone content in them, but I don't do well with those. This one spreads more like a cream. I don't feel like my entire face is sliding off with this primer which is a HUGE plus for me. It goes on like a cream and it makes my skin look better immediately! I use it mostly when I want my makeup to last up to 12 hours, and it works. This is not a cheap product ($30 if I remember right), but one tube goes a long way.
Sometimes I apply this primer and then use just face powder. It looks great that way too! When you first start to spread it, it may look like it has a slight hint of purple-lish tint to it but it soon fades away and blends with the skin beautifully. Of course I can still see my pores (naturally) but they look much smoother with this primer on, and best of all NO ZITS!
If you like a slick, liquid primer this is not for you. If you want a primer that temporarily improves the appearance of your skin even without foundation this might work for you. Get a sample before you buy, you just might be amazed:)

on 1/19/2012 11:54:00 PM

I've used this for a few months and I hate it just as much as when I first bought it. It feels like a thick layer on my face, hard to blend yet with foundation I find that it was smooth. This is a tricky primer for if the right amount isn't used then pores are visible from the foundation sinking in. Never buying this again, spending money on something of a lighter texture

on 1/15/2012 2:12:00 PM

This product is terrible. My foundation looked even worse within a few hours then it usually does. every pore on my nose was visible and it looked as if I had sloppily slathered a bunch of makeup all over my face even though I was not wearing much foundation...just a little, combined with this product. A total and complete waste of money.

on 1/4/2012 4:27:00 AM

Love it! This primer reinvents your skin. After application every pore, fine line or imperfection gets filled or discretely covered. It's like the better version of your face. And your skin feels so soft like velvet. I usually use this when going out for dancing and despite how much i might sweat my foundation stays put. Does not break me out and it is suitable for oily skin. Don't have to use a powder with this product

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think I'm in love! I have combination skin! Sometimes it's way too oily sometimes it's way too dry! This is perfection either way! It's matte and it feels in a way like dryer silkier lotion. It's clear with no smell and no residue. Doesn't dry me out and it makes blending my concealer to my skin a dream! My make up applies so smoothly with it on! I don't wear powder or foundation just concealer and blush but it holds everything perfectly!
It does fill in my pores and makes my skin look smoother, even and softer. I have acne prone skin and it didn't break me out!
I usually get and oily t zone after a few hours. Not with this!!!!
I tried all the smashbox primers! Bunch of crap!

Popular Primer/ Correctors