April 24, 2014 | 988 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I'm in love! I have combination skin! Sometimes it's way too oily sometimes it's way too dry! This is perfection either way! It's matte and it feels in a way like dryer silkier lotion. It's clear with no smell and no residue. Doesn't dry me out and it makes blending my concealer to my skin a dream! My make up applies so smoothly with it on! I don't wear powder or foundation just concealer and blush but it holds everything perfectly!
It does fill in my pores and makes my skin look smoother, even and softer. I have acne prone skin and it didn't break me out!
I usually get and oily t zone after a few hours. Not with this!!!!
I tried all the smashbox primers! Bunch of crap!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by randi2515

This is the only primer that I've ever really loved. Tried Smashbox and other clear, silicone like primers and it just seemed like they slid right on and then right off my skin. Didn't do anything to control oil or make my foundation better. THEN I discovered this! This is a white colored primer and looks a little strange on your face alone, but after applying foundation... PERFECTION! It is the perfect base for me. I have combination skin and this helps my t-zone stay matte for the entire day. The packaging is hygienic at least, but it was a little hard for me to figure out the cap at first. It IS like an Elmer's glue bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by aurs2578

I have pretty oily skin that I have to touch up throughout the day. I really had high hopes for this primer since I love the eye primer. It felt nice when I put the product on my face, a little smoother. This is basically the only good thing about it. My makeup looks even worse during the day and it has made my skin break out more so basically my skin looks pretty bad because of it. My skin looks oilier and it looks like all my makeup is off by the end of the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by finnybite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a bad sign when your favorite thing about a product is its packaging. I like the tube because it matches with my UD eye Primer Potion but the similarity stops there. Even though I have relatively fair skin (NC30) this primer leaves a white cast over my face. I don't think it does much to minimize my pores or make my foundation look better either. In fact, it is so thick that it actually makes foundation look more noticeable and tacky in texture. I give it 2 lippies because it is at least mattifying and smooth.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by kaleiokapualani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product last week because i thought it would work as well as my Urban Decay Primer Eyeshadow Potion. There was two choices on the primers, but i chose pore perfecting. Since i have oily skin i had to make sure it said it would be matte, so i looked in the back and it said it will give you a "matte finish". So i purchased it. When i tried it out the next day, i had to blot in an hour and i was even oilier than usual. By the end of the day, all my makeup had completely melted off my face (where i live it's humid, and hot). I wanted to give the primer the benefit of the doubt so the next day i tried it again, and the same thing happened. The last day, i did a test. I put the primer w/foundation of the left side of my face, and just the foundation on the right side. I checked throughout the day on which side was holding up better, and the side with NO PRIMER, was less oily, and the skin looked more flawless!
The reason why i don't give this 1 lippie, is because it does minimize your pores by a little. I did see the difference. But as for staying power, and oil control, this is not a good primer.
I returned it to Sephora the next day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I had to laugh when I saw others mention "Elmer's Glue" in their reviews, because that is exactly the product I thought of as I squeezed this out of the tube and spread it on my face. Anyhow, I am not a fan of this primer. I got it in the Box of Potions set. I didn't find it did anything really positive for my makeup. I felt my foundation looked much better without this under it. My foundation also oxidized when I used this, and both foundations I tried it with don't normally oxidize for me. This is the least favorite of any primer I have tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by pinknouveau20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

got this in the box of primers. i wanted to have my pores less visible however, its not the case. it doesn't do what its suppose to do. after 2 hours of wearing my foundation, my face became cakey and oily. i can also see my fine lines. will not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by producthoarder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, what a USELESS product. I was totally disappointed. I cannot rave enough about the eyelid primer ( my No 1. product). I dont put primer all over my face, only the t-zone.. when I put this on, it looked like I hadnt put anything on at all. 2-3 hrs after putting this on, my face looked like an oil slick. BOO-urns, tres rip off!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just received this is the mail (got it on ebay for 10$+shipping. yes please). I've worn it to class and during some heavy house cleaning (during which most of me was physically sweating) and it's held up well.

Application was a breeze. Twist the top open like a glue and squeeze out what you need. found it very easy to control and completely mess-free, unlike other primers that come in jars. It also makes it easy to make sure you get every bit of product out, which, for the retail price, is definitely a good thing. I used a little more than a pea sized amount, dabbed it all over my face, especially my T-zone, then rubbed it in.

I immediately noticed a change in my skin texture. It definitely felt more smooth and matte, which is good, and not as greasy as my experience with Hard Candy Primer (which I also reviewed). As for "perfecting pores," I didn't notice a difference with just the primer, but after I applied my foundation, my pores were less noticeable than they usually are, even after foundation and powder. So far, my makeup looks pretty darn good and I've had it on for over 8 hours already.

After I did the aforementioned housecleaning, My forehead was breaking a sweat a little bit, so after I was done, I rubbed a tiny bit of the primer over the small area that was a little sweated off, and it made it look a million times better, like I had just reapplied makeup.

I love the packaging (super cute+functional) and the only con I see with this product is the price. I will continue to purchase when it's on sale or there are special offers. But as you don't need to use much, I guess the price evens out. And I've paid a lot more for worse products.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by ca8137

I was very disappointed in this primer. It feels like im smearing vaporub on my face. It's thick and not silky like what I'm used to. Won't be buying this again.