January 29, 2015 | 1954 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ecmazzei

I don't understand the hype around this product. I have the matte version, and when I first got it I followed the recommended regime (two coats 1st day, then 1 coat every other). It's done jack shit for my nails -- they're still brittle and chip and peel like no tomorrow (for the record, I have a decent diet). Now I've designated this as a base coat and will continue to do so until it's gone, so I can treat myself to the CND Sticky Base Coat.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by kerprice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Was looking for something for my dry brittle nails which are wrecked from my hospital job.

Unfortunately, will have to keep looking. This product turned my nails dark yellow in a week. After looking over the ingredients, formeldahyde is the culprit.

Will have to keep looking

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

Have repurchased this many times. I use this under my base coat and my nails now NEVER break. They are tough, resilient and hydrated. They also grow so much quicker as of this. Will forever repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by accordingtomaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I completely adore OPI Nail Envy. It really is a great alternative to me going to get acrylics on my nails. Recently, I've completely gone away from going to get acrylics and I'm all natural and this product keeps my nails from peeling and splitting. My nails are growing very well and not breaking off. As far as chipping, I don't get a whole lot of it which is lovely. I used Duri Rejuvacote before this and it chipped no stop! This, is great, great, great!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by POPOK1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for a bit over a month and I love it. My nails are so hard I can hardly bend them at all! It reduced the peeling of my nails a lot too! I noticed when I first started using this that my nails started growing really fast, after about the 3rd week it slowed down a bit but I'm still happy. I've been dying to try this for such a long time but I've never bought it until recently because of the price, but then I found out they sell it on amazon for half price. The only downside to this product at all is that it yellows your nails but I think its worth it for how rock hard it makes your nails. That's the only reason I gave it 4 stars. This is the only nail hardener that has ever worked for me and the only one I will ever recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

Miracle in a bottle! I have tried so many nail fortifiers, from Millionailes by Essie to everything imaginable by Sally Hansen, and nothing has worked as well as Nail Envy. When used consistently, my nails grow nice and long, strong and thicker than usual. They will still peel and break if I get them too wet and use chemicals too often, but if I protect them with a couple coats of Nail Envy and gloves when washing dishes and such, I'm good to go. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only treatment I have ever used that allows me to grow my nails to a respectable length. My nails are really thin and peel or break all of the time. It is really difficult for me to get all 10 nails to be at a similar length at the same time. Once I began using Nail Envy I found that I could achieve that goal and then keep the nails at that length without having several break or the tips begin peeling, weakening the nail even further until It would finally break. So I use this as a top coat and then use Seche Vite over it to dry the polish. I have purchased countless bottles of Nail Envy and will continue to do so. I hope OPI never discontinues it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by HeatherTheRed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Before this polish, I had a horrible time with chipping/breaking my nails and dealing with nicks in the nail tips at least 3-5 times a week. After seeing some blogs mention it, I purchased a bottle and use it ALL THE TIME. Probably the best purchase beauty-wise I have made in a long time.

Nail breaking or chipping is really uncommon now, and nicking is down to once a week, if that, and the nicks are minor and easy to file away without huge issues (I'm one of those crazies that can't have mismatched nail sizes on each hand.)

I use it as both a base coat and a top coat usually, and make sure to put some polish under the tips of my nails to help it stay put when I use it.

The only thing I disliked, was the other day when I took off the polish I was using, I noticed some lifting on the tip of my nail, and couldn't figure out whether I was peeling off a thin layer of nail, or if it was layers of Nail Envy build up.

All in all, I would, and have, recommended it highly, and will purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by EmmaRae

This did not work for me at all. It made my already dry and brittle nails peeling even more and it turned them yellow/brown which looked disgusting. I used it for a month before I stopped. My nails slowly recovered. There are still brittle but at least they look white again. Would not recommend this at all! But it seems to work for other people...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

not sure where to buy this in my local area, but I ordred it from Amazon based on the rave reviews here on MUA. the reviews did not let me down. This is an awesome nail treatment. It helps to strengthen my nails, which is needed since I stopped wearing acrylic nails. I love how shiny and healthy this treatment makes my nails look. It's a little pricey but worth it. I wish I could find this at the local pharmacies and grocery stores, but so far I have only found it on Amazon.