October 23, 2014 | 938 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just came back from the Chanel counter and they have their new Glossimerís out for fall. The colors are amazing and definitely could be used this summer. I picked up two: Pink Teaser and Coral Love. (Cannot figure out how to review these individually as they are not on the site yet but will try to get them on there.) Pink Teaser is a hot pink in the tube and goes on very pigmented but somehow mellowed into what looks like my lips with clear gloss, if my lips were an amazing juicy pink. It has light sparkles but very subtle. Love it! It is really the first pink that has worked with my olive/tan skin and pigmented lips. I am going to get a back up for this one. Coral Love is equally amazing. It reminded me of Glow (since D/C and my all time favorite). In the tube it looks coral bronzy with gold flecks. The color is very similar to Macís Nymphette; but swatched side-by-side Coral Love is pinker and a bit more blueish sparkles. On my lips it come out a bit more sheer then you would expect but you still get a wash of coral and lots of sparkly shine. Unlike other Glossimers, in this one you can feel the sparkles in this gloss, feels kind of gritty. Love both colors so much. Each gloss is $28, same amazing sleek long tube with a doe tip wand applicator.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2010 8:20:00 AM More reviews by LailaE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This burns my lips and makes them swell up! A big no for me, I'm reacting to the sparkles I think! Had three colours, all three bad. First time this has ever happened with a lipstick/gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by olyaspb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The best lip gloss I ever used. Doesn't smell, doesn't have any taste, long-lasting, beautiful vibrant colours, looks chic:) My favourite is Myriade, which looks red but if you apply a small amount your lips will pop out and look hot:))) Futile is a great shade, it looks like pale pink, but when on lips - it's actually almost transparent, so you can apply it overy any lipstick to add shine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have Glossimers in Coco Mademoiselle (deep ruby red), Blizzard (icy pink), Volage (cool rose), Pulsar (rich red) and Spark (deep golden berry). The packaging is sleek (if a bit leaky), the glosses go on smooth, and the result is polished without being garish. I'm not thrilled with the iffy ingredients or wear, but overall I'm a fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by iluvMUA

I know many people who complain about the price of Chanel, their products are expensive for a reason: they are FABULOUS and come in sleek upscale packaging.

With Chanel you get quality and you know they use only the best.

With Chanel, I know I will get my money's worth and Chanel Glossimers ( as well as their their great products) will not dissapoint.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

I hate these glossimer lip glosses! Thick and gloopy - looks like I've slapped a load of gunk on my lips. I personally think all the colours are ugly (JMO). Sticky, heavy, tastes like crap, expensive. Wouldn't repurchase any of these.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Clearly I'm the lone dissenter here. I have not had any success with these glosses but did like the now d/c Glossimer Extreme, which received atrocious reviews here. Go figure. I found the standard Glossimer's runny, sticky and quick to disappear and returned just about all of them. Sesame was pretty but far too runny and Spark smelled so horrid that I became nauseous. I'll purchase L'Oreal glosses any day over Chanel glosses and see no reason to revisit this product. The fashion forward colors are impressive at Chanel but beyond that I have no compliment for this product. I simply don't care for the overtly greasy, gooey texture and finish these glosses impart.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love these glosses. Aside from YSL & Dior, Chanel is my favorite brand for glosses. I can't say I ever relaly used to like super sparkly glosses as I either go for a shiny gloss or matte lipstick but these are jsut soo gorgeous. Looks like diamonds glistening on your lips and not overdone. The formula is jsut pure perfect and goes on so richely in just one swipe. These are everything Mac Glosses/Dazzleglosses especialyl will never be as Mac has nice colors but I'm sorry all their glosses apply like hard wax, really gross and sticky. Glossimers are on a level all their own and if you love lipgloss you just have to own these, worth every penny as they last so long as opposed to cheaper brands that run out way too fast ironically. Can't wait to try more colors! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by 73steph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this gloss in sesame (since dc'd) a couple years ago. I loooved the texture and color of this when it was brand new. like buttah! and such a pretty color. I accidentally put it away in a purse and came across it around 6 mo later. I was very disappointed to find that the gloss had gotten really thick. This was a beautiful gloss but it didn't last long. I know they have new colors now, hopefully a new formulation too. I'll probably buy another when I get the money, at $27 you have to budget for this gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by 1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love Chanel Glossimers! ALL of them! They are sooo gorgeous and must have lippies! Many people think they are pricy...YES they are but only to an extent! If you think about it, from the contents, these glossimers are less expensive than MAC Dazzleglasses! THey are well worth having :D