Chanel Glossimer

4.3

I finally bought myself some Chanel Glossimers after all the raves over the Fall 2010 collection, and they are definitely lovely! My favorite is probably Rose Dilemma.

In general, I find these glosses very nice and sophisticated looking. There are glosses out there that are so glossy and obvious that it looks like you slapped on liquid shiny plastic, and certainly not sophisticated looking. With the Glossimers, they're shiny but not overly so. They give off medium shine with fine shimmer (in the ones that are shimmery), and I don't find the shimmer to be left over on my lips very much after the gloss disappears/fades off.

texture wise, it's quite smooth and applies very evenly, despite the doefoot wand (which i find tend to wipe glosses off after i apply and doesn't give me a very even finish). They have no scent (that i can detect, i think if you shove your nose at it, you might pick up a faint sweet scent?), and no taste. It isn't very sticky but it IS slightly sticky. Definitely not Lancome Juicy Tube or Stila Lip Glaze sticky! Staying power is pretty good for the lack of stickiness. Overall it feels great.

I did notice the first few times using it that the corner of my bottom lips went slightly tingly/numb, but after using it a few times, i've stopped noticing it. For those who are usually sensitive to lipstick and lipgloss, you might want to buy from a place with good return policy! Just in case, because these babies are $27 a pop, and definitely not for the faint of heart.

To be honest, I find the Revlon Super Lustrous glosses very very similar in texture, feel, and lasting power. I actually prefer my Revlon SL glosses over my glossimers. Colorwise, SL's do not have any dupes for any of the glossimers unfortunately. However, Revlon SL have their own awesome range of colors (if you can find it, Life's a Peach that's dced is actually my absolute favorite), so def give those a try too, especially if the glossimers prices are too daunting!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This lip gloss is my HG. I own so many colors and love each one. The consistency is smooth, not sticky, and has staying power. Chanel is expensive, but, this product is worth the extra money. Highly recommend.

I LOVE Chanel Glossimer. It is indeed a bit pricey but when it comes to good stuff who can resist them

The formula is not sticky, many color available, it is not too frosty, another cons maybe the applicator, i prefer brush applicator like Aqualumiere Lipgloss has.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just came back from the Chanel counter and they have their new Glossimer’s out for fall. The colors are amazing and definitely could be used this summer. I picked up two: Pink Teaser and Coral Love. (Cannot figure out how to review these individually as they are not on the site yet but will try to get them on there.) Pink Teaser is a hot pink in the tube and goes on very pigmented but somehow mellowed into what looks like my lips with clear gloss, if my lips were an amazing juicy pink. It has light sparkles but very subtle. Love it! It is really the first pink that has worked with my olive/tan skin and pigmented lips. I am going to get a back up for this one. Coral Love is equally amazing. It reminded me of Glow (since D/C and my all time favorite). In the tube it looks coral bronzy with gold flecks. The color is very similar to Mac’s Nymphette; but swatched side-by-side Coral Love is pinker and a bit more blueish sparkles. On my lips it come out a bit more sheer then you would expect but you still get a wash of coral and lots of sparkly shine. Unlike other Glossimers, in this one you can feel the sparkles in this gloss, feels kind of gritty. Love both colors so much. Each gloss is $28, same amazing sleek long tube with a doe tip wand applicator.

This burns my lips and makes them swell up! A big no for me, I'm reacting to the sparkles I think! Had three colours, all three bad. First time this has ever happened with a lipstick/gloss.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best lip gloss I ever used. Doesn't smell, doesn't have any taste, long-lasting, beautiful vibrant colours, looks chic:) My favourite is Myriade, which looks red but if you apply a small amount your lips will pop out and look hot:))) Futile is a great shade, it looks like pale pink, but when on lips - it's actually almost transparent, so you can apply it overy any lipstick to add shine.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have Glossimers in Coco Mademoiselle (deep ruby red), Blizzard (icy pink), Volage (cool rose), Pulsar (rich red) and Spark (deep golden berry). The packaging is sleek (if a bit leaky), the glosses go on smooth, and the result is polished without being garish. I'm not thrilled with the iffy ingredients or wear, but overall I'm a fan.

I know many people who complain about the price of Chanel, their products are expensive for a reason: they are FABULOUS and come in sleek upscale packaging.

With Chanel you get quality and you know they use only the best.

With Chanel, I know I will get my money's worth and Chanel Glossimers ( as well as their their great products) will not dissapoint.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate these glossimer lip glosses! Thick and gloopy - looks like I've slapped a load of gunk on my lips. I personally think all the colours are ugly (JMO). Sticky, heavy, tastes like crap, expensive. Wouldn't repurchase any of these.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Clearly I'm the lone dissenter here. I have not had any success with these glosses but did like the now d/c Glossimer Extreme, which received atrocious reviews here. Go figure. I found the standard Glossimer's runny, sticky and quick to disappear and returned just about all of them. Sesame was pretty but far too runny and Spark smelled so horrid that I became nauseous. I'll purchase L'Oreal glosses any day over Chanel glosses and see no reason to revisit this product. The fashion forward colors are impressive at Chanel but beyond that I have no compliment for this product. I simply don't care for the overtly greasy, gooey texture and finish these glosses impart.

Recommended for Medium Skin