NARS The Multiple in Copacabana

4.2

Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethylhexanoin, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline wax), Alcium Sodium Borosilicate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Polyethylene, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Euterpe Oleracea (Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil), Simethicone, Linseed Oil / Palm Oil Aminopropnaedio Esters, Aqua (Water), Silica, Glycerin, [(+/-) May contain Mica, Cl77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Cl77491 (Iron Oxides), Cl77492 (Iron Oxides), Cl77499 (Iron Oxides), Cl75470 (Carmine), Cl77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Cl77742 (Manganese Violet)

on 2/20/2011 6:31:00 AM

The multiple in Copacabana is nice if you are very fair. I am extremely pale and I did use it for a period of time. However, it is not the most natural looking highlighter on the market since the shimmer is not extremely fine. There are some visible particles of larger shimmer - barely noticeable, but they are there. Compared to Becca Nymph pressed shimmer powder and Jane Wisteria shimmering blush, this NARS multiple doesn't cut it. Those other two are more finely milled and easier to apply since there are in powder form. I felt myself tugging on my skin with this multiple in order to blend it in. I have a strong aversion to having to tug my skin to apply makeup because I don't want to age prematurely, whether or not that is a real possibility. :)

If you don't mind rubbing it in, and having more of a shimmer than an extremely fine glow, you might like the multiple. I imagine that if you have dry skin and smaller pores you would like this better than I did. Would not repurchase since the Jane product is $7. Even my NYX mosaic in 01 Highlight gives more of a natural glow than Copacabana. Save your money since this is not the best product of its kind on the market.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Worst highlighter I've tried, ever. This is supposed to make your skin look 'glowy' but what it did was adding oiliness and grease on my face. Doesn't blend well, color is ashy on my NC25 skin. I can't think of anyway to use this product really, so this goes up for swap. Something about the texture of NARS Multiple make them impractical, the texture makes my face look oily.

on 2/15/2011 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is a good highlighter for most lighter skin tones, but I probably will not repurchase as I find that Palm Springs is the perfect highlighter for my skin tone. I'm African American and I have to use this sparingly in order to not get a pearly cast on my skin. I may swap this or give away if I don't find I get much use out of it. It's too expensive of a product for me to repurchase if I do not love it.

on 2/6/2011 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product, I use it on my cheeks and brow bone to highlight and it's lovely and quite shimmery it looks lovely and I have had so many compliments on this when I have been wearing it :) it stays on all day too without reapplying, you do need to blend it well when you wear it on your cheeks as a cheek highlighter though otherwise you will look really shiny! I've been told you can use this on the lips too but I have not yet tried this, but it is fabulous for cheeks and brow bone highlighting, the price was 27 but I think for the size of the product is isn't too bad as it will last forever I should imagine, I've used mine loads and hardly any product has gone at all. If you want an easy to apply highlighter for cheeks and brow bones that looks lovely and last forever, this is for you, go and buy it, I love it and think you will too :)

I wanted to love copacabana. It got rave reviews and I really love the packaging on the multiples. However, this product did little more than provide me with an overly glittery and shimmery (yes it is both glittery and shimmery!) face. Not at all suitable for daytime and Ok for night but for $38 you can find a much nicer highlighter.

on 1/26/2011 1:47:00 PM

It's a great highlighter but looks very unnatural in daylight.
Nice neutral colour which would suit almost everyone.
Formula is moisturising, perhaps a little too slippy which when applied too much can look greasy.
Packaging looks good but is unpractical and could be improved.
You dont get that much product in the tube but like other NARS products a little goes a long way and this will last for ages.
Overall, I'm not keen on this product and wouldn't repurchase.

on 1/25/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I LOVE THIS! It is such a beautiful colour... It lasts forever... It is just so beautiful and natural looking on my medium-dark skin tone. I use it lightly on my cheekbones and it just gives a beautiful glow. You have to be careful not to use too much and the key is to BLEND! The only complaint I have is the not so hygienic packaging! Otherwise, lovely product.

on 1/19/2011 10:08:00 PM

Copacabana is a super pearly beige stick cream multi-use product. It does not make me feel greasy even though it has some hydration from this type of formulation. I use it on the top of the cheekbones, bow of lip, temples and brow, and top of nose. I also use it on the inside corners of my eyes with either my pinky or a small brush. It's great to use as a base for a powder product as well, as it does not make powders too "grabby". I'll buy this again.

on 1/19/2011 11:32:00 AM

I just purchased the mini as I heard that this is subtle and glowy. I find it way to glittery though. I keep it for doing a heavier mu for nights out and to highlight under my eyebrows but I would never wear this on my cheekbones or anywhere else in daylight. I much prefer the orgasm illuminator which makes my skin look healthy, dewy and hydrated for daylight and becca pearl for nighttime. I do prefer the texture of copacabana though. the orgasm illuminator is liquid which one has to get used to but it is worth it.
I feel like too much glitter accenturates my pores and blemishes but a subtle sheen seems to correct them.
I would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have used 4 of the NARS multiples and I love them all, however this one is my favorite. I purchased Luxor when I ran out of this one and I regret it. Copacabana is absolutely amazing, a natural, beautiful highlighter that makes me look like I've had all the sleep in the world and gallons of water. The only problem is that I have to eventually reapply after a few hours ( a very small flaw!) I apply to my cheekbones and cupid's bow, and it looks amazing.

The color does look ugly in the tube, but don't let that scare you!

Top Rated NARS Products