July 28, 2014 | 1930 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by jazzmin44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very very sensitive skin. Almost anything that I put on it causes it to break out, which makes it very difficult for me to buy makeup. This one said it was oil free, so I figured I would just give it a try. I'm very glad that I did.

It still causes breakouts for me, but not unless I leave it on for a very long time and use a lot, so i would assume that it wouldn't cause them for average people. The color matched my skin perfectly and blended very well

But the main part of this makeup, the super staying-power, was unbelievable. I've never had a foundation that stayed on so well. It will literally remain on your face until you wash it off with soap and water. It will stay on for hours with every day wear, and it doesn't get all oily or cakey over time.

I even wore this foundation to a swimming party. I wore it over all my acne, with Mineral Elements by Eden loose powder over it to keep it in place. While I was ini the pool, I made extra effort to not rub my makeup. I went under water multiple times, and when I got out of the pool and went to check my makeup almost two hours later, it was all still in place. I didn't have to reapply. I wish I would have found this foundation sooner. I like it better than neutrogena healthy skin, Almay nearly naked makeup, Almay's skin clearing makeup, Ulta foundation, Covergirl clean skin foundation,, and others that I have tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by babyboohoo

I recently ran out of my Revlon Colorstay Foundation so i decided to try and buy new foundations. so i decided with Maybelline Superstay Foundation. I'm a huge fan of Maybelline's cosmetic line and i really wanted to like this product!! BUT!!! This has got to be the worst foundation Maybelline's ever made! Its suppose to be oil-free but when applying it onto your actual face, it gets so damn slick and everything! I got to say, it looks like Maybelline's just copying Revlon's Colorstay, hence the name "superSTAY" but it can never be compared to CS. I wouldnt recommend this ANYBODY.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by camillajhb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by no means a bad foundation, but I would just buy Revlon Colorstay which does the job Superstay is meant to do, but 100x better.

I used Superstay for a few months and liked the coverage and consistency, but the staying power and shade range (especially in NZ) is not great. I found it faded a bit patchily, needed a good powder to stop being shiny, and melted off in any sort of heat. I would also have liked a pump.

Not bad, but I will just buy Colorstay in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Dannibee123

On my second bottle and I still love it! Gives really full coverage for those days when my skin isnt looking its best... also the color matches my skin tone perfectly so thats a plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by smithmollie

I bought this makeup for prom. I needed a high coverage foundation because I would be taking pictures. I got shade natural beige. it doesnt seem to be orangey.... I did not apply a lot. I just used a panel brush to apply. itbdid need to have a setting powder. It doesnt have spf in it which was perfect for the photos because we used flash! I would recommend to someone who wants high coverage, because it does make you look flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

Great, doesn't smell, rubs in easily, sand beige is perfect match for my NC20 yellowy pale skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by buidianaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a good liquid foundation for a long time. I have yet to try Revlon Colorstay just because the shades in Canada aren't as good as anywhere else considering we only have around 8 shades. I picked up Maybelline Superstay in the color Classic Beige and I range between an NC30-35 with olive/yellow undertones. I have to say this shade was a perfect match! I never use foundation without a primer so when I use this foundation with a primer, I find it stays all day even when it's hot and humid out. I would definitely recommend using a primer and setting it with a spray to help the foundation last longer. I do find the foundation has a mild scent- almost like a generic foundation scent that is very bearable. The only downside to this foundation is that there's no pump, so it can be messy considering the lid is quite large.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Brootneexo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is probably the worst foundation I have ever bought from the drugstore, honestly. Used it only twice (second time with primer), such a disappointing waste of money. Can you say "cakey?!" No real range of colors either. The formula smells pretty bad and feels like clay. It oxidized and turned me quite orange only after about 3 hours with primer AND without primer. Although I do love superstay concealer for the under eye area, this foundation was such a disappointment. Women swear by this stuff and claim it's their HG but I l believe that Revlon Colorstay is much better, lasts longer, provides a more natural full coverage finish and stays matte pretty much all day. I would not recommend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've reviewed this a couple times before because I repeatedly go back to it--it is one of the very few foundations doesn't break me out, and so because of this I prioritize getting my skin back in shape more than anything and use it. I have used many many high end and low end foundations and am still on the search for a perfect daily-use one. This one has been the closest to an actual commitment, however there is one GIANT problem with it that may make me discontinue use for good. THE SHADES are AWFUL, especially for fair people! I have tried the lightest shade (Porcelain Ivory) repeatedly and have returned it, thrown it away, rebought it, etc but it always always comes down to the same reason--it turns orange and blotchy on my face once I see it in better lighting. I also bought the second shade (Sand Beige) as a result to get less of an orange result and it turns into a brown that makes me look dirty throughout the day. And because I layer this foundation more in areas of greater blemishes (jawline/chin area), I end up looking like a dirty bearded person because the blotchiness builds up as well! Just the saddest thing for a foundation that has the consistency, coverage, and formula comparable to Lancome Teint Idole Ultra but without the alcohol and ridiculous price. So yeah, with the many others this is just another loss of potential for ProductVille until Maybelline decides to fix it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Clo0107

This foundation is pretty good. I have NC30 skin and Nude is a great match. It does last pretty good but I do have to blot at least once.