October 30, 2014 | 1689 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by pitchslapped

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation because i had a few different events coming up and wanted a foundation that would last me through the day and into the night and would photograph nicely. It promises 24 hour wear and zero transfer so after a friend recommended it i decided to give it a try. I bought this in the shade classic ivory after testing it out in the store and it matches my skin pretty well. This foundation provides a medium to high coverage as it is very build able. It has a matte finish when it sets but i like to put a bit of powder to help it stay. One thing i found with this foundation though is that if you over powder, it looks cakey. I would not recommend this to people with dry skin because it really isn't very moisturizing at all and if you have dry patches it makes them show. I wore this to a wedding and was surprised to see that it actually is pretty long lasting it lasted me through the whole thing and i didnt have to touch up. Overall i think this is an okay foundation it slightly reminds me of Revlon colorstay just not as good. I will use it up but don't think I will repurchase any time soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by BabyDoll367

Overall, it was okay. It wasnt bad, nor good.
It definitely doesnt work well with pale skin though. The lightest shade made me look a little on the orange side, making my face look like I got a fake tan. The coverage is pretty good though, but it drys a little too fast to blend it. And it made my skin a little dry too. But for oily skin it should work well as long as you arent pale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by underage

I really like this foundation! I tried it a few years ago and found it to be very thick and greasy but I gave it another shot because it was on sale at target and I really like it! I applied it with a beauty blender and it gave great coverage and stayed matte all day. It is very similar to Revlon CS in my eyes. I might actually like this one a little bit more because I think it looks more natural. I would recommend this to girls with oily skin who want something that will last all day. It definitely won't last 24 hours but its good enough for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not like this foundation at all. I wish i could have because of the great ratings but it didn't work at all for my skin type. I have very oily skin and for starters the finish is satin. By like 2 hours of wear I'm already super shiny. It transfers right off my face. So on me it wasn't long lasting at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by CSobish

For a while, I stopped using this, but I pulled it out of my makeup bag and wondered why I stopped! It gives great coverage without feeling like you have a bunch of gunk on your face. The color is like, half a shade lighter than my skin, since its summer but the blush I use makes it look more natural and evens it out(: The only negative is if I rest my my hand my chin or face, it rubs of onto my sleeve. Other than that I really like this and will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by jazzmin44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very very sensitive skin. Almost anything that I put on it causes it to break out, which makes it very difficult for me to buy makeup. This one said it was oil free, so I figured I would just give it a try. I'm very glad that I did.

It still causes breakouts for me, but not unless I leave it on for a very long time and use a lot, so i would assume that it wouldn't cause them for average people. The color matched my skin perfectly and blended very well

But the main part of this makeup, the super staying-power, was unbelievable. I've never had a foundation that stayed on so well. It will literally remain on your face until you wash it off with soap and water. It will stay on for hours with every day wear, and it doesn't get all oily or cakey over time.

I even wore this foundation to a swimming party. I wore it over all my acne, with Mineral Elements by Eden loose powder over it to keep it in place. While I was ini the pool, I made extra effort to not rub my makeup. I went under water multiple times, and when I got out of the pool and went to check my makeup almost two hours later, it was all still in place. I didn't have to reapply. I wish I would have found this foundation sooner. I like it better than neutrogena healthy skin, Almay nearly naked makeup, Almay's skin clearing makeup, Ulta foundation, Covergirl clean skin foundation,, and others that I have tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by babyboohoo

I recently ran out of my Revlon Colorstay Foundation so i decided to try and buy new foundations. so i decided with Maybelline Superstay Foundation. I'm a huge fan of Maybelline's cosmetic line and i really wanted to like this product!! BUT!!! This has got to be the worst foundation Maybelline's ever made! Its suppose to be oil-free but when applying it onto your actual face, it gets so damn slick and everything! I got to say, it looks like Maybelline's just copying Revlon's Colorstay, hence the name "superSTAY" but it can never be compared to CS. I wouldnt recommend this ANYBODY.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by camillajhb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by no means a bad foundation, but I would just buy Revlon Colorstay which does the job Superstay is meant to do, but 100x better.

I used Superstay for a few months and liked the coverage and consistency, but the staying power and shade range (especially in NZ) is not great. I found it faded a bit patchily, needed a good powder to stop being shiny, and melted off in any sort of heat. I would also have liked a pump.

Not bad, but I will just buy Colorstay in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Dannibee123

On my second bottle and I still love it! Gives really full coverage for those days when my skin isnt looking its best... also the color matches my skin tone perfectly so thats a plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by smithmollie

I bought this makeup for prom. I needed a high coverage foundation because I would be taking pictures. I got shade natural beige. it doesnt seem to be orangey.... I did not apply a lot. I just used a panel brush to apply. itbdid need to have a setting powder. It doesnt have spf in it which was perfect for the photos because we used flash! I would recommend to someone who wants high coverage, because it does make you look flawless.