Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash - Extra Black

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like what this did for my lashes. I have possibly the worst combination of eyelash traits -- sparse, straight, short wimpy things, with about five hairs total on my bottoms. That said, this shiz made me feel like a pin-up girl!

It can get kinda clumpy if you overdo it, but sometimes a slightly clumpy look has its own sexy appeal. I don't mind it at all -- it's a great going-out mascara. It's super black, and just a little glossy. Very, very full-looking and pretty darn lengthening, too! It holds the curl for quite some time as well, and doesn't flake as the curl starts coming undone late in the day.

I didn't get any transferring, but mind you I don't wear mascara on the bottom lashes. However, this stuff really, really stays put. It is difficult to get it completely off, even with makeup remover formulated for waterproof mascaras.

I do love this stuff, but for the price, it'll have to be a special treat. I'd get it more often, but because the brush is so big, whenever you push it back into the tube, a lot of air is also introduced into the bottle. This means you're lucky if you get one slick month out of a single tube. I tightened the lid on this sucka as well as I could, too!

Really great for holy-crap-how-many-times-can-a-girl-hit-snooze? mornings because one coat and you can get out the door somewhat alluringly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

The curling and thickening effects are pretty good. But it does clumps a bit when I apply it. Overall, it is pretty good and it is waterproof too so that is a bonus.

I really wanted to like this one, mostly because I'm a big fan of Make Up For Ever in general. But...I really hated this mascara. I paid high-end price for something that is absolutely inferior to my drugstore favorites like Maybelline's Full N' Soft and Cover Girl's Lash Blast (Volume & Fusion). I have long and somewhat full mascara, so on average there isn't many mascaras that can truly be horrible on my lashes, but this was. Although very black and waterproof (as I was looking for in a mascara to wear to big events like weddings and such), it made my lashes look VERy spider-y. I didn't know it was possible....to make my lashes look like there was only 5 clumpy sticks left. I definitely will not be repurchasing and in fact, I'm gonna return the tube I have right now. There is so much better out there, I really can't be bothered to waste my money on this dud.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am not a multiple-coat mascara user; I go for a more natural look, AND need a mascara that will do for 12-hour shifts (as a nurse). At any rate, I've found my winner. There is very very slight migration at the end of the day, but far less than any other that I've tried. When I use this, my lashes even maintain their curl without feeling stiff or crunchy.

Plus, yes, this mascara is very black.

I usually stay away from traditional waterproof mascaras because they slide off and make me a Panda while waterproofing my newly made black rings around my eyes. I actually like this mascara. It is jet black, creamy in consistency, and full plushy brush make for some defined, voluminous lashes that last. This stuff looks nice on me. It kid of undoes my curl, but it will stay if I heat my curler. I love how the packaging cap clicks closed. I feel that it wont dry out. Overall I do like this stuff. The price is average for upper end mascara so when I use this up, I will buy it again.

I've been looking for a good mascra, and found it with the Aqua Smokey Lash. It stays on all day...I actually have difficulty with taking it off. The only reason i didn't give this mascara a 5 is because it doesn't clump up like all the other reviews had stated...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm surprised at the low ratings on this magnificent mascara. I have long but sparse lashes and just two coats of this give me instant va-va-voom lashes. Very black and holds a curl. Water resistant and waterproof. I tried it on with the cheapie disposable mascara wand in sephora earlier and that already did its job. This mascara rocks.

love this mascara!! its great for volume, bold, and length!!! better than any i've ever tried.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this mascara because I had read some pretty good reviews on this website as well as the reviews on Sephora's website. After taking 2 days to decide between Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash or Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash, I decided to go try out the waterproof one. I hadn't bothered to take a look at the tester before purchasing this one. BIG MISTAKE. I normally would check out the brush for all mascaras that I buy, but for some odd reason, I hadn't for this one. I just picked it up, paid for it and left Sephora.

I'm the type who's ALWAYS excited to try new makeup products, so I rush home and quickly apply this stuff on my eyelash. I was very disappointed in this product. First off, the brush was all wonky and not a brush I was used to for a volumizing mascara. The bristles weren't densely packed and thick. It's one of those weird rubbery ones and it's all spikey all over. There's a bunch of spaces in between that traps a lot of product and will basically clump up and make a mess of your lashes when you apply. This brush is also very bad for people who have sparse/thin/short eyelashes. It'll basically give you spider lashes and product always seem to get onto my lids when I try to apply this stuff onto my lashes. It also clumps a lot (due to the excess amount of product on the wand) and makes your lashes look sickly. I basically had to use a lash comb as well as a CLEAN spare mascara wand to remove a lot of the excess mascara off my lashes to correct the spidering.

The effects of this mascara is a whole different story. After having to correct all the nastiness that is this mascara.... It did make my lashes longer, but the volume was almost nonexistent. My lashes still look just as wimpy as it did without this stuff on, just longer. It did however, do a great job as a waterproof mascara. I tried the crying test and wiping my eyes with kleenex, and lo-and-behold, no mascara residue on the tissue. Or perhaps it's all due to the fact that I had to remove a lot of this gunk off my eyelashes because it was a clumpy excessive mess, and had left hardly any product on my lashes? Either way, no mascara on the tissue. This product did flake all day though. That is VERY disappointing. It also smudged a bit through out the day, though not as badly as Diorshow did.

Removal of this mascara is fairly simple. A good eye makeup remover (I use Neutrogena) will do the job just right. However everytime I remove this mascara off my lashes, I always seem to lose a few lashes along the way. This is a big no no for me. And it's not like I'm rubbing my lids with makeup remover either. I'm just dabbing at my lashes, being as gentle as possible..... All in all, this is a very disappointing mascara. The brush was what made me dislike this product the most. I will never buy this product again, nor would I recommend it for people with sparse/thin/short lashes.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I've gone through a few tubes of this and have to say this is my favorite mascara. I love that it gives me volume and holds curl well. This along with my Shu Uemura lash curler gives me a false eyelashes look, and I have short straight Asian lashes. My only complaint is when I first open this the first couple weeks it can be really clumpy and wet, and I have to wait for it to dry out a little bit which can be annoying.

Popular Mascaras