Sephora Nano Eyeliner

3.7

01 MIDNIGHT BLACK CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) , Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax) , Glyceryl Ricinoleate , Cera Alba (Beeswax) , Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax) , CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide) , Cetyl Alcohol , Myristyl Myristate , Phenyl Trimethicone , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Unsaponifiables , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil , Ammonium Glycyrrhizate , Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract. 05 CHOCOLATE Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax) , CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) , Glyceryl Ricinoleate , CI 77491 (Iron Oxides) , CI 77492 (Iron Oxides) , Cera Alba (Beeswax) , CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) , Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax) , Cetyl Alcohol , Myristyl Myristate , Phenyl Trimethicone , Talc , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Unsaponifiables , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil , Ammonium Glycyrrhizate , Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract.

Generally speaking, i am quite dissatisfied with this product. I expected a lot more from Sephora, but was disappointed in this. I purchased the midnight black liner and i found that it smudges extremely easy. I line it on my tear line and in just a matter of hours it completely smudges. The only bright side is that it's easy to use and fairly cheap ($5 in the USA). So unless you apply some makeup setter or something, this product will EASILY smudge. Probably will not purchase again.

on 12/29/2010 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I hate this eyeliner SO much.
I got this in "forest green" awhile back because it was on sale for a dollar or two, I figured it was worth trying. Wrong.
This is the worst eyeliner I have ever used. First off, it's really hard and waxy. After warming it a bit it's "usable" meaning you can get some color to show up but its still really waxy feeling. It applies super unevenly, so trying to be optimistic I decided to try building it up and smudging it out. This was unsuccessful because its SO stiff and waxy and it drags and ugh. I got zero color payoff while trying to apply it to my waterline as well. On top of that, it irritates my eyes and smells like a freaking crayon. Not even crayola, more like those no label crayons you get from dollar stores? Actually, the texture is similar to those too.
I can see it maybe working if you want to fill in your brows forest green, but I have no intention of doing that for the time being.

on 11/4/2010 9:07:00 PM

this is a really great basic eyeliner. it's very comfortable to put on the waterline (unless you're not used to it of course). it's a decently pigmented black, though it disappears rather quickly (but this is when i wake up and go to boring classes at school, and yawn frequently, so my eyes start watering lol.) it sharpens nicely and the tip doesn't break off. it applies very smoothly and you don't have to put much pressure on it at all. i would recommend this product, especially for beginners like me!

on 10/19/2010 6:45:00 PM

The color is much too subtle, and smears easily. I had applied probably 10 layers of one of the more purple-y colors and i could barely see it!

on 9/16/2010 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

You get what you pay for is all I have to say. I couldn't find my MAC eyeliners and needed something ASAP. Bought the black, brown, and white nano eyeliners and they did not work. I used them in the water line, lower lash line, and before you know it the pigment was GONE!!!! Gave them to my younger cousin ... NEVER getting them again!

on 9/10/2010 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have this pencil in pearl beige, i use it on my lower lash line and inner corners, it works wonders for that! I love that it brightens your eyes without looking too harsh like a white liner. It's very natural looking as long as you apply it correctly with the right amount. These little pencils are very portable and affordable, they are high quality too. The one i use does not smudge at all and it stays on all day. They have lots of colors and i think it's great if you want to try a particular color out, i highly recommend the color in pearl beige, it's a gold toned beige with shimmering/frosting effects that works perfect as an eye brightener.

I went into my local Sephora because I needed a new eyeliner color I knew I wouldn't use very often. I was looking at the Sephora brand ones because I knew they would be cheaper priced but better than drugstore brands.

I got the Nano eyeliner in a charcoal grey (I usually wear brown, but that day I needed a grey/black shade).

I must say I did not expect this SUPERIOR quality (and SO affordable). The pencil can be sharpened to a good point, yet it is creamy and does not poke and prod at your eye like a cheap eyeliner does. It is well priced and will last a while (if you're not going to use it EVERY day). It NEVER smears up onto my eyelid area like most dark liners do. There is no negative aspect about this eyeliner. The colors is great, just a basic dark gray that I need. Love Love, LOVE! I found myself reaching for this one more and more often.

The only thing is the lighter colors (silvery green in the birthday kit) is not as soft or something. It takes more for that one to show up, but with the Gri Gri it's perfect!

For bolder colors, I do love the Almay brown retractable in topaz, I believe, (OMG, basic brown with a little bit of shimmer, so great) and other colorful fun eyeliners I like Urban Decay but they're a lot more pricey.

on 8/19/2010 11:31:00 PM

I needed a new pencil liner, so I decided to buy this one and test it out. When I tried the 'testing' on in Sephora, the first thing that came to mind was how creamy it was and how the color came out nicely. I didn't need to put pressure onto it. The thing that I hate the most is that it smudges very quick. The instant you put it on your eyes and blink, it will start getting onto the bottom line and smudge. So I would have to constantly clean it up. I like it though, and would buy it again but first I need to try other ones :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was looking for an inexpensive eyeliner that would stay on my waterline, but this just didn't do it for me. I bought it in 03 Pure White, and it didn't apply very well. I was very disappointed. Furthermore, it doesn't fit in any of my sharpeners! I wasted so much of the product just trying to sharpen it in my Urban Decay grindhouse sharpener. =/ Will not repurchase.

on 7/8/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my go to eyeliner for my waterline. It stays on but smudges easy if you need it to. There are so many colors to choose from and they are cheap so you don't feel bad about buying them all. I love breaking the point down so its more rounded, and using that on my waterline, it makes for better coverage and I only need to do one swipe. My only issue is the new pencils don't fit in my ulta pencil sharpener very well...they go in but I have to use my teeth to pull them out!