April 21, 2014 | 1806 users online

Clothes - Forever 21

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I rarely shop there. The accessories are expensive ($10+) for cheap items that you can find at Claires/Icing that will fall apart within several months. The clothing is just as bad. It's expensive and all the sizes tend to fit tiny and skinny women. The clothing they do tend to have for my size tends to be completely unflattering as they just made the tiny version bigger (seriously not all women above a size 6 like to look similar to a tent or pregnant). I'm not saying I'm fat but just that if I barely fit into their clothes and much of my size is my chest (36DDs) & hips, I can't imagine women bigger than me trying to shop! F21 is cutting out a huge group of women who love to shop in the US.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by leahx09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love Forever 21. I know a lot of people complain about the quality, but I have pieces that are YEARS old and not falling apart. In fact, I can't think of one thing that has fallen apart. I carefully wash everything. If it says handwash (which, many of F21s clothing do), I handwash it or AT LEAST put it on the handwash setting in the washer, and never put them in the dryer. It's called taking care of your clothing.
I love their nail polish. It's only $2.80 and works really well. The prices of everything are cheap, so of course it's going to be trendy. Most classic pieces are more expensive, and worth the expense anyway.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by cara4art

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There was better stuff at Forever 21 3-4 years ago. Now, it's just junk, seriously, even the accessories, save for a scarf or two(I have scored with a few of those). The quality, and the styles have really gone downhill. I'm a lot older than their demographic(however still slim and fit), but I still found a few things years ago that were good, like a really cute black dress that I needed to go to a late-afternoon wedding and reception and I didn't have anything that filled the bill. This dress for just $35(high end for me as I usually shop at second-hand stores)was a steal, surprisingly well-made, and looks a lot more expensive than it was. I still have it in fact, more than 3 years later, for other such occasions. On the other hand, I've had a couple of tops that really shrunk up in length after I washed them - ugh!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 9:15:00 AM More reviews by OpiJunkie101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

This store is the best ! Cute accessories for barely no money at all ; cute cardigans for less! C'mon ; this store is boss (:

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

My last time ever to step in this store was last week. I remember years ago, the F21 near me did have some cute clubbing clothes but that was it. I recently went in to find some trendy tops and was very disappointed. The store set up gives me slight anxiety. You literally have to look at every single cluttered messed up rack because nothing is organized. F21 organizes things by color which I don't like. The shapes and sizes of F21 are all over the board. I'm a medium in normal stores but I had to try on smalls, mediums and larges and one small was huge, one large I couldn't even get past my shoulders. It was a nightmare trying on things. A lot of the clothing items are see thru and tissue weight. Tissue weight tee's only stretch out and make you look sloppy. The length in the tops are insane. Some are so long that I could easily use it as a kneee length dress. Some tops were so cropped and only covered my breasts. What I do like about F21 is the online shoe dept. I like that fact that I can find inexpensive trendy shoes good to kick around in during the summer! So, 1 lippie for the shoe dept.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by bergsyfern

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good place to go if you are looking for cheap, trendy clothes. And not much else. The only thing I have ever bought here that has stood the test of time is an eyelash curler. For $2.50, it is my go to curler. Plus, if it ever broke, it's only $2.50 to replace!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I mainly shop here just for the accessories and that is it. The clothes are terrible in quality in my opinion. On the same level as Rainbows. But it is popular in my area so I don't get pressed over the hype. I understand that they specialize in trendy but inexpensive clothes but I like quality items and I don't mind spending money for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a bigger fan of their online store. More selection and it's organized.
I figured going to the actual store would be more of the same...it's not at all.
Clothing everywhere, cluttered racks, clothing on the floor, odd styles, disorganized to hell. It looks as if an elephant ran in there, let out all it's rage for humanity and left feeling stress free.

Though that place is always packed for some reason, they could seriously maintain the store.
They never have any smalls there. I'm starting to honestly question if the stores even carry smalls it's that bad.

I bought a few things from there, whenever I did manage to find something and the quality is fairly decent. Never stretched, tore or really faded in color. I only stopped wearing the clothing because I lost all interest.

The clothing they sell is more for novelty and not for wear for an extended period of time. Mostly because the styles there are so cliche and over the top.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ihatef21

In Feb 2011 I had an unknown charge of $34 something dollars on my Amex card. I never make purchases under $50 but I shop very regularly at Forever 21's website so I checked my account at Forever21 to confirm and the charge was not there. So I took this matter to both my cc company as well as Forever 21. Amex issued a refund immediately and I was told that they were trying to reach Forever 21 but had no response and that they had dropped the matter. So my issue was resolved but my account at Forever 21 was suddenly blocked and so was my shipping address. After MANY grueling LONG phonecalls and HANG UPS by Forever 21's representatives I was finally told that a block was issued on my account with the reason being that a chargeback was filed against me. When I asked the representatives to check if the charge was even in their systems, I was told no. SO clearly it was a technical mistake on either Forever 21's part or Amex. I was then told to wait and that the misunderstanding would be cleared up but after a few weeks my situation was forgotten.

I have been trying to clear this up again yesterday (May 2011) but now I am being told the SAME THING. That a chargeback was filed against me for an imaginary order that does not even exist. Until today they decided to change the story out of nowhere and claim that the charge DID exist so I asked for the order information in case it was fraud. They proceeded to send me information on $100+ orders that I DID place and NEVER placed complaints about. So again I had to clarify that I was referring to the $34 charge even though I state it in almost EVERY SINGLE email. Makes me wonder if they even ACTUALLY read what I type. SO now FINALLY I think we are on the same page and they understand the $34 charge does not exist but you would think now they can unblock my account? NO, I get this as my reply:

Hello,

Thank you for your email response. All information in the emails being sent to us is understood and clear. As stated we will not unblock the account or the address.

I have been a loyal consistent shopper at Forever 21 online and in the stores for years. This is how Forever 21 treats loyal shoppers? With very rude and poor customer service. If AMEX did not refund my charge I would have been stuck with paying that $34 since Forever21's definition of customer service is just to immediately BLOCK you and ignore your problem. So now I am blocked from buying anything at Forever 21's website AND I still have NO idea how I was even charged with that mysterious $34.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by ashton

Forever 21 is just one of those hit or miss places

With the prices you pay for the clothing, you're either going to get a total steal, or something that falls apart after a few washings.

I suggest that you check out their "trendy" tops that you might not want to wear a few years from now and don't mind spending $15 on. When the style goes out, you wont feel guilty. They also have great basics for layering, and cute costume jewelry at unbeatable prices.

The worst quality items for me, are their shoes and dresses. The shoes will kill your feet after a while and are made very poorly. The dresses are so short that they could double for a tunic. I'm 5'8 and they barely cover my butt. Every one I have bought has also ripped at the straps and I've had to sew them back on.

Just keep in mind when shopping there, that you get what you pay for. I've bought some nice cardigans there that I've had for 5 years or so and some other things that fall apart quickly.