November 24, 2014 | 1994 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by manvisudan87

Dis is d best eyeshadow...i mean cheap n best n shade is all nude everyday use...must buy

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by mgm98

I dont wear eyeshadow alot. so when i do i just buy drugstore shadow cuz if i buy expensive makeup i will never use it up and i can just throw away cheap makeup. i though it was ok. if i was grown up and wore eyeshadow alot i would invest in good quality one and would not buy it again. but since im just a teen and only wear it alittle and constantly need different shades and tones for occasions i think its a good product. i wish it wasnt as um "powdery" it just kinda flakes off, i wish it had more to it... i dont know maybe it need to be creamier. but thats watcha get for drug store makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by EmilyPanda916

I've wanted this quad for almost a year ever since hollyanaeree's tutorial using this quad on YouTube. I also have Asian eyes like her so I wanted to try it out on myself since it looked great on her! I forgot about it for a while and never remembered to buy it. A few months ago, I saw some Maybelline eye shadows at Walmart and remembered about the Natural Smokes quad but, there were none there at all! Everytime I went to Walmart, they weren't there! I was really scared that they were discontinued but I found them for about $4 a month ago. I tried the hollyanaeree look and loved it! The new packaging makes applying the lid color kind of hard because of the small area the shadow is in, but I don't mind. The lid color is said to be similar to satin taupe by Mac, but I wouldn't know because I don't own any Mac items, but I do agree it is a taupey color. I use this quad for everyday or another quad, depending on how I feel that day. I use the lightest color as a wash all over my eye (lid to browbone). Then I apply the taupey color to my lid. Next, I apply the shimmery chocolate color to my crease and a little bit in my outercorner. It's a really simple look that I love and I love this quad! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by glamourgirl40

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love love love this product! I do love my NYX and Wet N Wild shadows, and although this is my only Maybelline eyeshadow product, this is my favorite eyeshadow quad. I use Natural Smokes almost all the time. I just love how it can give me the perfect smokey eye. For people who want a nice sultry smokey eye but don't look good in greys, this the absolute perfect quad. I paid around 4 bucks at Walmart for this bad boy, and I don't regret it at all. To be honest, however, I would give this quad 4.5 stars just because of the new packaging. I've seen the old one before and I hate how there's more highlight and liner color yet less crease and lid color. If I were them I would give more crease and lid color and less highlight and liner color. But still, I love this product and it's a definite HG for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Bought this based on the great reviews and am disappointed. Terrible quality! Shadows are chalky and lack pigmentation. For drugstore, Wet n' Wild or Milani is a better bet. Also am a little lighter than NC15 and the colors were too cool on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HATE that they changed the packing on these. WHY?! The 4 large pans were very convenient, plus the lid shade and crease shade gets used the most, now it's tiny! If you are gonna change packaging, at least improve the texture of the shadow with it! No. Just a random idea suddenly poped up in their head and they changed the packaging..I personally like this quad over all, it contains a matte beige white, a shimmery neutral gray taupe (that doesn't have the rosy undertone like Satin Taupe), a shimmery neutral brown (like Mulch) and a matte dark taupey gray brown. I agree it is slightly chalky and chunky, the white hightlight colour is very chalky infact, and the lid colour, although pigmented and shimmery, is slightly chunky. The quad has that hard and dry texture. Someone below said they are comparable to Urban Decay, I find they are way off, I won't compare this to UD at all, but these are comparable to MAC eyeshadows, only more chunkier and chalkier. These are very cheap however, so I don't think we should compare these to any highend eyeshadows. My quad was on sale for 5 bucks, usually they are about $8.99CAD here. Overall, I like these colour a lot, but I wish the texture was creamier like their Chai Latte quad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by muffingrl

This is my favorite drugstore quad ever. It is so flattering and versatile. I can use this to create a daytime neutral look, a sophisticated and polished look for work, or a sulty smokey eye for a night out. When I go travelling, these are the only eye shadows I bring because they can do it all! I even use the dark matte brown to lightly define my brows! I love the shimmery taupe color for an all over lid color. The matte bone color is perfect as a highlight. I LOVE THIS QUAD!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

since this product is not available in NZ where i reside, i had my bf's parents picking up some for me when they were in the states. i got the quad in the new package which i must say im not a big fan of as the best colors are in smaller pans!! the shadows are not crazily pigmented and i need to use a primer to get them to show. unlike some of the prior reviewers, i only use it when i go out and stuff because i can create some pretty intense looks with it and my everyday look is extremely minimal (because im lazy). i think i might have to order off allcosmeticswholesale for some of them old packages.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by twistupgal

I'm really surprised at how great the reviews for this are! I bought it about 4 or 5 months ago and I've only used it twice. The browbone/base shade is a chalky white; it doesn't even feel or look smooth in the pan. On my browbone it barely shows up and I'm a PPP. Same story with the lid color, except that it's taupe. These two shadows are not smooth or buttery in the least. Very 'rough' feeling for lack of a better word. I do like the crease shade, but I simply have better quality shadows in a similar shade. I do like the outer corner color a fair bit, but I find it hard to blend. Overall, it just did not work for me. Bummer :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by hoangrl

i bought this as a pharmacy because they were clearing out their maybeline stock so it cost me about $7 i think. I also picked up the charcoal smokes while i was at it. I had recently bought the emerald smokes one and was quite impressed so i seeing this half price in Australia i was like i got to get it seeing as its getting so many good reviews!

i like this alot. Out of the three i have, this is the best in how all the colors work toegther. My favourite would be the lid shade. OMG! its the most gorgeous taupe with undertones of like a gold shimmer, but this isnt overly shimmery. I usually use the brow, lid and crease color (not the intense dark brown) for a really nice slightly more dressy day look. I like how you can use the colors and turn a day look into a night look. Its very versatile.

The quality of the eyeshadow is very good for drugstore. It just as pigemented as my Urban Decay, but a little harder to blend. That doesnt fuss me too much because it was $7! its small and compact and is great for travel. I will admit maybelline really should get with the times and make the packaging alot more sleek and presentable. But other than that what a great product! buy it!