Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

These are super cheap, but I wouldn't call them good value. The pigmentation is not great, even on the liner shade. The only shade that I would even consider purchasing the palette for is the shimmery taupe color, unfortunately it also comes with the smallest pan -.-
The packaging is nothing special. Typical drugstore plastic cheap packaging. Easily broken of dropped.
I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So I went to Walmart after watching a ton of makeup tutorials and reviews using this eye quad, and got it for only 3 dollars because it was on sale. That's very cheap for me.. Over all this product will create a nice, natural, smoky look. My favorite color in this quad is the color that is similar to MACS satin taupe. It's really pretty to look at and imagine on your eye.. But I find myself applying it with brush like hundreds of times to get it to show up good and then sometimes I give up and use my finger. After I while it looks alright, but to me it's not as shimmery as it looks in the package. I also like the dark brown color. It's so pigmented, and doesn't have much fallout. Blends easily. But a color I use instead of this one sometimes is Too Faced sexpresso.. They look alike but sexpresso is warmer. I also like the highlight which is a vanilla-ish color. Its so sheer, but i think its very pretty. Maybelline made a very nice quad, but it just doesn't work for me like it does for others.. I have to apply so many layers which I really just don't like.

on 7/11/2011 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am impressed by the quality of these shadows. They blend easily and have good pigmentation. The colors are a gorgeous taupey brown eye. I would definitely buy again!

on 7/5/2011 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this over a year ago during their annual 50% of sale at Kmart.
I'll give them credit for being cheap, but that's about it. I found these shadows useless, fades quickly, bad pigmentation. Uncertain about crease and folds because these fades soo quickly, they dont even get a chance to crease or fold.
These are good for initially practicing or getting started with eye shadow, colours are all just standard, nothing incredible. I did find these really chalky.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Dis is d best eyeshadow...i mean cheap n best n shade is all nude everyday use...must buy

on 7/2/2011 3:23:00 PM

I dont wear eyeshadow alot. so when i do i just buy drugstore shadow cuz if i buy expensive makeup i will never use it up and i can just throw away cheap makeup. i though it was ok. if i was grown up and wore eyeshadow alot i would invest in good quality one and would not buy it again. but since im just a teen and only wear it alittle and constantly need different shades and tones for occasions i think its a good product. i wish it wasnt as um "powdery" it just kinda flakes off, i wish it had more to it... i dont know maybe it need to be creamier. but thats watcha get for drug store makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've wanted this quad for almost a year ever since hollyanaeree's tutorial using this quad on YouTube. I also have Asian eyes like her so I wanted to try it out on myself since it looked great on her! I forgot about it for a while and never remembered to buy it. A few months ago, I saw some Maybelline eye shadows at Walmart and remembered about the Natural Smokes quad but, there were none there at all! Everytime I went to Walmart, they weren't there! I was really scared that they were discontinued but I found them for about $4 a month ago. I tried the hollyanaeree look and loved it! The new packaging makes applying the lid color kind of hard because of the small area the shadow is in, but I don't mind. The lid color is said to be similar to satin taupe by Mac, but I wouldn't know because I don't own any Mac items, but I do agree it is a taupey color. I use this quad for everyday or another quad, depending on how I feel that day. I use the lightest color as a wash all over my eye (lid to browbone). Then I apply the taupey color to my lid. Next, I apply the shimmery chocolate color to my crease and a little bit in my outercorner. It's a really simple look that I love and I love this quad! (:

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this product! I do love my NYX and Wet N Wild shadows, and although this is my only Maybelline eyeshadow product, this is my favorite eyeshadow quad. I use Natural Smokes almost all the time. I just love how it can give me the perfect smokey eye. For people who want a nice sultry smokey eye but don't look good in greys, this the absolute perfect quad. I paid around 4 bucks at Walmart for this bad boy, and I don't regret it at all. To be honest, however, I would give this quad 4.5 stars just because of the new packaging. I've seen the old one before and I hate how there's more highlight and liner color yet less crease and lid color. If I were them I would give more crease and lid color and less highlight and liner color. But still, I love this product and it's a definite HG for me.

on 6/7/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Bought this based on the great reviews and am disappointed. Terrible quality! Shadows are chalky and lack pigmentation. For drugstore, Wet n' Wild or Milani is a better bet. Also am a little lighter than NC15 and the colors were too cool on me.

on 6/5/2011 2:34:00 PM

I HATE that they changed the packing on these. WHY?! The 4 large pans were very convenient, plus the lid shade and crease shade gets used the most, now it's tiny! If you are gonna change packaging, at least improve the texture of the shadow with it! No. Just a random idea suddenly poped up in their head and they changed the packaging..I personally like this quad over all, it contains a matte beige white, a shimmery neutral gray taupe (that doesn't have the rosy undertone like Satin Taupe), a shimmery neutral brown (like Mulch) and a matte dark taupey gray brown. I agree it is slightly chalky and chunky, the white hightlight colour is very chalky infact, and the lid colour, although pigmented and shimmery, is slightly chunky. The quad has that hard and dry texture. Someone below said they are comparable to Urban Decay, I find they are way off, I won't compare this to UD at all, but these are comparable to MAC eyeshadows, only more chunkier and chalkier. These are very cheap however, so I don't think we should compare these to any highend eyeshadows. My quad was on sale for 5 bucks, usually they are about $8.99CAD here. Overall, I like these colour a lot, but I wish the texture was creamier like their Chai Latte quad.