Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

on 8/21/2011 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Overall, this product is okay. The pigmentation on three of the four colors is great, but the shimmery taupe-y color has very little pigmentation. I still sometimes wear it, but I pretty much have to dig my brush in it and pack it on. The off-white is okay, but not as pigmented as, say, Revlon Colorstay "Vintage Lace". The copper and dark brown are super pigmented, and a little goes a long way. The packaging is a little cheap and the clear plastic lid has broken off. However, I have the old quad with equal size pans, so the new packaging might be sturdier.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

These are super cheap, but I wouldn't call them good value. The pigmentation is not great, even on the liner shade. The only shade that I would even consider purchasing the palette for is the shimmery taupe color, unfortunately it also comes with the smallest pan -.-
The packaging is nothing special. Typical drugstore plastic cheap packaging. Easily broken of dropped.
I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So I went to Walmart after watching a ton of makeup tutorials and reviews using this eye quad, and got it for only 3 dollars because it was on sale. That's very cheap for me.. Over all this product will create a nice, natural, smoky look. My favorite color in this quad is the color that is similar to MACS satin taupe. It's really pretty to look at and imagine on your eye.. But I find myself applying it with brush like hundreds of times to get it to show up good and then sometimes I give up and use my finger. After I while it looks alright, but to me it's not as shimmery as it looks in the package. I also like the dark brown color. It's so pigmented, and doesn't have much fallout. Blends easily. But a color I use instead of this one sometimes is Too Faced sexpresso.. They look alike but sexpresso is warmer. I also like the highlight which is a vanilla-ish color. Its so sheer, but i think its very pretty. Maybelline made a very nice quad, but it just doesn't work for me like it does for others.. I have to apply so many layers which I really just don't like.

on 7/11/2011 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am impressed by the quality of these shadows. They blend easily and have good pigmentation. The colors are a gorgeous taupey brown eye. I would definitely buy again!

on 7/5/2011 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this over a year ago during their annual 50% of sale at Kmart.
I'll give them credit for being cheap, but that's about it. I found these shadows useless, fades quickly, bad pigmentation. Uncertain about crease and folds because these fades soo quickly, they dont even get a chance to crease or fold.
These are good for initially practicing or getting started with eye shadow, colours are all just standard, nothing incredible. I did find these really chalky.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Dis is d best eyeshadow...i mean cheap n best n shade is all nude everyday use...must buy

on 7/2/2011 3:23:00 PM

I dont wear eyeshadow alot. so when i do i just buy drugstore shadow cuz if i buy expensive makeup i will never use it up and i can just throw away cheap makeup. i though it was ok. if i was grown up and wore eyeshadow alot i would invest in good quality one and would not buy it again. but since im just a teen and only wear it alittle and constantly need different shades and tones for occasions i think its a good product. i wish it wasnt as um "powdery" it just kinda flakes off, i wish it had more to it... i dont know maybe it need to be creamier. but thats watcha get for drug store makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've wanted this quad for almost a year ever since hollyanaeree's tutorial using this quad on YouTube. I also have Asian eyes like her so I wanted to try it out on myself since it looked great on her! I forgot about it for a while and never remembered to buy it. A few months ago, I saw some Maybelline eye shadows at Walmart and remembered about the Natural Smokes quad but, there were none there at all! Everytime I went to Walmart, they weren't there! I was really scared that they were discontinued but I found them for about $4 a month ago. I tried the hollyanaeree look and loved it! The new packaging makes applying the lid color kind of hard because of the small area the shadow is in, but I don't mind. The lid color is said to be similar to satin taupe by Mac, but I wouldn't know because I don't own any Mac items, but I do agree it is a taupey color. I use this quad for everyday or another quad, depending on how I feel that day. I use the lightest color as a wash all over my eye (lid to browbone). Then I apply the taupey color to my lid. Next, I apply the shimmery chocolate color to my crease and a little bit in my outercorner. It's a really simple look that I love and I love this quad! (:

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this product! I do love my NYX and Wet N Wild shadows, and although this is my only Maybelline eyeshadow product, this is my favorite eyeshadow quad. I use Natural Smokes almost all the time. I just love how it can give me the perfect smokey eye. For people who want a nice sultry smokey eye but don't look good in greys, this the absolute perfect quad. I paid around 4 bucks at Walmart for this bad boy, and I don't regret it at all. To be honest, however, I would give this quad 4.5 stars just because of the new packaging. I've seen the old one before and I hate how there's more highlight and liner color yet less crease and lid color. If I were them I would give more crease and lid color and less highlight and liner color. But still, I love this product and it's a definite HG for me.

on 6/7/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Bought this based on the great reviews and am disappointed. Terrible quality! Shadows are chalky and lack pigmentation. For drugstore, Wet n' Wild or Milani is a better bet. Also am a little lighter than NC15 and the colors were too cool on me.