April 18, 2014 | 916 users online

Liquid - Boots - Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by soi56starz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

OMG hg material right here! I have really oily skin, but get flakes because I use Retin-A (and got sunburned...despite using SPF 100...=_=)

This looks so natural, in sunlight AND in store-lighting. Set with either MAC Blot Powder or the MAC HD powder, and my skin looks amazing-- not oily but not dry.

Will buy over and over and over again! I got the last Nude (which matches my NC25-30 skin perfectly) in Target :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by SnappleDragon

I love this!!! I have combination (pretty oily in the t-zone with some dry patches on my cheeks and jaw), acne-prone skin, with the added bonus of hyper-pigmentation/red marks left from breakouts (lovely, I know). I needed something to cover them and keep my pores from looking huge, and a friend of mine recommended this to me. So I went to Target, skeptical, and purchased it in New Ivory, which is surprisingly a perfect match to my almost-paper skin tone. I've been using it for a month, and I'm happy to say that it doesn't break me out, and it covers wonderfully without caking! I mix it with my moisturizer and apply with the ecotools foundation brush. It works like a charm, but you may need more than one pump to get enough to cover your face- I use like 1.5 pumps. It stays on my skin for a good 8-9 hours, including the one understandable blot midday. I love the finish- its not too matte, nor too dewy, almost a satin-y finish. It's my now HG foundation, and I love it <3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by h0n3yd0ll

This is the first drugstore liquid foundation that Ive tried since I was in high school.I usually wear Mac(nc40) or something from Benefit but decided to give this a try.I read it can come off a bit "pale-er" then it looks in the bottle.When I seen "Almond" in person I thought maybe itll be a little dark but it was perfect!I use a face primer then Boots Mattifying Makeup Base on my T-zone then apply this and set it with either my Mac pressed powder or my Bare Escentuals mineral foundation powder in medium tan.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by ckaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not a fan of this stuff. It looks alright when it goes on, but it must have some kind of reaction with the chemicals in my skin. By the end of the day it turns yellow!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by ahraffarha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this is a winter foundation for me.

I like this foundation because it is pigmented. Most drugstore brands aren't as pigmented as this foundation, of course, it costs more than most drugstore brands. I am 24 years old so the 'lifting and firming' wasn't really why I bought this.

I have this in Nude and it has a good, strong yellow undertone for NC skin, I am NC 30 to 35 and this foundation looks a little light at first but matches after a few minutes.

Lasting power--most liquid foundations don't last at all on my skin (combination), but this one does without a primer. I think you can get a good 5-6 hours out of this one, no primer, just powder to set.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by nutella87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The pump is awesome; makes dispensing my foundation so easy. I have this foundation in nude, which matches my skin perfectly (Mac ref, I'm NC25, with lots of yellow undertones). When I first used this foundation, I found that it made my skin a little oilier than usual. I don't have super oily skin, more so, after a long day, there's like a thin, thin shine around my nose area. At first, like others have mentioned, I found this foundation hard to blend, despite the fab color match. However, if you warm up the product a bit (with a brush) it applies very well and really does give me a flawless look. I don' t even need to use concealer. I also apply this with a stipling brush. You really don't need much product at all. It's great; I would repurchase. I find that after my long hot summer days, the foundation is still intact. It fades ever so slightly, but considering how some other foundations will just slip off your face after about 2-3 hrs, this one is rather long-lasting.

Hmm I don't know much about the "Lifting and Firming" claims, but I didn't expect much from that statement either way.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation costs $15 at target. It's kind of expensive for a "drugstore" brand. The pump dispenser is very nice and hygenic, the glass bottle is nice but not that fancy. The overall rating is low though, because for my dry/combo skin, this foundation sits on top like a CRUST. The nude color is the perfect match for my NC30 skin, but it's like I'm wearing a thick mask. It's super obvious and hard to blend. I can see how some people think it looks "flawless". In pictures, it probably looks great, but it gathers in ever line and crease of my face, and I don't even have that many wrinkles! It looks terrible. Maybe it's just not compatible with my skin texture or something. So try before you buy to make sure it's right for you. The formula feels "thick", which I think is part of the problem. It feels like thin pancake batter to me. Ew.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nope! Not for me. The color nude was a perfect match for my C2 skin tone. First the pro: easy to blend since it's watery. But the cons are more serious:
    -Gave me the worst break out I've ever had from a cosmetic product.
    -it doesn't "settle" on your skin and it transfers onto everything, even your fingers everytime you touch your face. Whenever I washed my hands throughout the day, I saw some of the foundation draining down.
    -it's expensive for a DS brand (14.99)
    -very few shades of options.
    -staying power isn't that great
    -my nose was shiny in the afternoon and my skin is normally dry/combination, not oily for sure
    -it doesn't feel light at all, I was "aware" of my makeup the whole day.
    -sheer coverage.
    Too bad Target doesn't accept cosmetic returns, but my skin looks awful even after 3 days of use, so I cannot use it anymore.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by PastyWicks

First review!! Ok so. Lemme just start by saying i have combo skin- extremely oily t-zone and uncomfortably dry cheeks. In mac i would be nc15 but in a neutral undertone. In revlon colorstay im in the shade buff.in this foundation i am new ivory which is a perfect summer shade for me but for the rest of the year im going to have to order the shade alabaster online- price to pay for being so pale! So before this foundation i was using revlon colorstay. Heres what i thought of it- i had more bad foundation days than good with colorstay. And i realized (after months and months of use) tht colorstay BROKE ME OUT! I didnt wanna admit it cuz its the "famed" colorstay. But now i am left with multiple acne scars on my cheeks and jawline. I decided to toss colorstay and i got this. OMG the difference it made in my skin was amazing. The product itself hasnt changed my skin ( idk about liftjng and firming since im only 16!) but the fact that it has yet to break me out any more than i usually do has allowed my skin to heal without having new breakouts. its amazing. So onto performance. People compare the texture to chanel foundations; i wouldnt know since i dont got chanel money lol. but the texture is this beautiful creamy almost mousse like liquid. Its heavenly. It goes on very smoothly and blends like a dream. honestly, this covers acne scars and redness so much better than revlon colorstay. I dont even know how since i always thought there wasnt fuller coverage than colorstay! But this is not full coverage- more of a medium to high medium. One pump covers my face beautifully with a bit extra. I also use this under my eye and this turns the fine crease lines that i naturally have into smooth beautiful undereyes. Its lasting power: by the end of the school day which is like 7 hours, it still looks beautiful except for my t-zone which is understandable since i get a flood of oil there. Colorstay actuallu faded off more than this foundation does. It perplexes me. now by the end of the day it will begin to fade and with 12 hours or so it will be patchy but 12 hours is just beyond amazing. The price is pretty high for drugstore but its well worth it. Everyday for me is a good foundation day and i actually look forward to doing my foundation. Although one thing i noticed is that i cant buff this into my skin since it emphasizes the flakiness but any buffing motion does this so im not entirely sure if its the foundations fault. If i just stipple it with my elf powder brush it actually masks flaky skin and just adds this beautiful natural satin finish to my skin. Holy grail without a doubt
    UPDATE: The lightest shade no longer matches me, and I find that this foundation no longer lasts like it used to. My skin just doesn't seem to want to cooperate with this product anymore.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! Goes on smooth and creamy. Makes my face look flawless. I'm so glad I decided to give this a try, I have gotten so many compliments with this(they think I have good skin) for the most part I do, but I have some discoloration redness around the nose and cheeks and this hides them perfectly while looking natural. I will absolutely buy this again and again.