August 1, 2014 | 1802 users online

Deodorants - Lavanila - The Healthy Deodorant

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great natural deodorant. I have the lavender vanilla scent. I usually wear it over top of a liquid-roll-on crystal deo (which never does the job alone) but on a slow day I can just wear this and it gets the job done just fine. Believe me, my boyfriend would/does make it known if I ever stink. Lol. The packaging is awesome, it's pretty and the dome-shape works well for application, and I love that the cap twists on and off as opposed to just a lift-off cap like most deodorants have.. No chance of the product coming open in your bag. The smell is nice, inoffensive and fades after a couple hours but still prevents stink. My only 2 cons for this is the price (holy jeez, though you can get it cheaper on ebay sometimes), and this occasionally gives me a weird stingy feeling?? Not sure why as it's natural and ironically, I never had a problem with irritation with chemical-laden aluminum based antiperspirants... But it's not anything unbearable and is only a temporary sensation, so it's not a big deal for me. Overall I would recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Farunka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used four of these, the stopped. I really wanted to like them because of the smell.
First, they are not really effective in hot summer days, dont last long. Second, the pure vanilla (i think this is what its called) gave me a rash.
They smell nice but cant beat my fav deodorat Degree in lasting and protective power, not worth the price

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this so much! Got the mini in Lavender Vanilla, and decided to use it on a day at home where I wasn't going anywhere or doing much. I applied it generously and it smells REALLY pretty. The two stars are for how beautiful this smells. It sort of tugs as it goes on, so its not as smooth going on as drugstore deodorants. I also like that the cap screws on and off, plus the package design is attractive as well as functional.
There's a very mild stinging/burning sensation for a minute or so after applying, but its not too bad and I didn't deduct any stars for it.
I went in figuring I wouldn't be dry with this since its a deodorant, but I'm staying much dryer than I would without deodorant and about as dry as I stay with drugstore deodorant. Very nice.
The problem is that while BO/smell is never really a problem for me (dampness is more of an issue for me), this stuff makes me smell SO bad within 3 hours or so. Like, rank BO as if I had gone 2 days without any deodorant or showering.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by xine_07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this. I purchased the Vanilla Coconut scent at Sephora. The cashier advised me that when first using the product I would think it doesn't work. She said to use it for a few weeks to allow my body time to expel the residue of chemical deodorants. It's been 3 weeks and I find I need to apply it a few times a day. I work in a cool office environment and by early afternoon I can smell myself. I'll be going back to non-natural deodorant.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by seenenough

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using the grapefruit vanilla scent. It smelled nice but didn't last that long. I had to bring it with me in my purse so I could reapply it once or twice throughout the day. Plus it was messy and got on my clothes so not good for sleeveless or black clothes. Not to mention it's pretty expensive, and though it doesn't contain aluminum, it's not a totally "clean" product. It worked better than other natural deodorants I tried, but I'm still looking for something better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Been using the Lavender Vanilla scent. I have a love hate relationship with this stuff. Alone with a couple swipes per arm it doesn't work very well and I'm a bit funky in an hour with no strenuous activity. If I back this up by first applying some tea tree oil to my underarms then it lasts for 6 or so hours. If I back this up with tea tree oil and apply the deodorant to my underarms almost as if I'm applying frosting to a cake? Then, yes, it works well. lol! Seriously though I need to really swipe this puppy onto my skin to get it to work. I know that there is tea tree in this deodorant but it's not sufficient. I've read often that applying essential oils directly to the skin isn't a good thing to do but I've not found a better alternative. So I might buy again and might not. Looking at the ingredients I see that cornstarch is listed and that's a bit concerning. Earlier this year I scoured the net looking for DIY deodorant recipes and learned that though cornstarch is great for spreadability it's not good for odor control. Cornstarch is made from corn and it contains sugars. The germies on our skin like to eat sugars and that causes odor and the cornstarch sugars contributes to extra funk so the use of cornstarch is contributing to the problem so many people are having. I can say positively though that the scent of this deodorant is great! Very clean and a bit herbal IMO. I think that men could wear this one also if they dare.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by mizlord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bottom line: it's just not effective. Not NEARLY as effective as a crystal deodorant. 2 stars for a quite nice scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by rosegirl11

This is a fantastic product! I have looked endlessly for a natural deodorant that really works and finally I found one! I apply it once in the morning and then usually again before I go out at night and it works perfect. I have the pure vanilla, but after reading the reviews, I can't wait to buy the vanilla coconut. I have all of my friends hooked on this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I got this in the $10 mini size from Sephora as I wanted to try it out. (The mini size only comes in the Lavender scent). I liked the scent, but as reviewers below it is a deodorant, not an anti-persperant. It made me realize that the product I'm actually looking for is an anti-persperant. This is an okay product, but pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I feel it necessary to note that this is a deodorant, not an anti-perspirant; by definition, it will not keep you from sweating, but it will keep you smelling wonderful! I bought this in the Vanilla Passionfruit scent a few weeks ago, and switched over from my usual Secret brand. Right off the bat, this was heaven on my underarms- it did not produce the same dry, itchy feeling that Secret, Degree, and Dove produced. I have also noticed a reduction in irritation in response to shaving, like fewer razor bumps, ingrown hairs, and so on. I will say that yes, this is definitely a "re-apply" type product, for which I have taken off one lippy. However, I've found combining my Secret unscented (clinical one) every other day, with this as my everyday helps to alleviate some sweating. All in all, I really do like this product- it smells wonderful, is easy on my underarms, the packaging is sturdy, but easy to maneuver, and the natural aspect is nice too!