Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant

3.3

on 8/2/2013 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love Lavanila fragrances. I do not love or even remotely like the deodorant. Underarm sweating has never been a huge problem for me so the fact that is wasn't an antiperspirant was not an issue. What the issue ended up being was the stink-factor. Woah-nelly! I almost hurled when I did a "pit-check." Also, possibly due to some of the herbal ingredients that aren't the most direct skin contact-friendly, I developed some red bumps. Big fail for me. I will continue to use the fragrances though! In summary: deodorant smelled lovely, felt cooling going on, left very minimal white marks on clothes, but ultimately did not behave as I believe a deodorant should (for my body chemistry at least).

on 7/27/2013 2:43:00 AM

Great smell. Safe but sometimes doesn't do a strong enough job so if you have major odor issues you might need something stronger.

on 7/27/2013 1:49:00 AM

The Worst crap ever! I purchased the vanilla coconut on-line. Big Mistake! smelled horrible, kind of like rancid playdough if I had to guess. I would never ever recommend this to anyone. I wouldn't even give this away to my sister.... I threw it away. Way too Expensive for such a cheap smelling product. Basically wasted 18 bucks! Very surprised at the good reviews.

on 7/19/2013 3:12:00 PM

I used regular deodorant for years but after moving to the state with tropical weather, I suddenly started developing irritation under my arms hence my search for natural deodorant. Mine is basic vanilla fragrance but I didn't care for it-it smelled kind of medicinal to me. However, it does keep you from smelling bad. Here is the thing-I walk to work and other places a lot so with this deodorant, I was still sweating(because its not anti perspirant) but I didn't smell. Although this is not cheap but out of all natural deodorants, this one seem to be the best of the lot

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have gone through 4 of these, so I have been using them for some time. It is important to note that these are deodorants, but not antiperspirants. They do not prevent you from sweating, they keep your from smelling.

I love the vanilla blackberry scent the best, i find the vanilla grapefruit is a little strong on first application. i was looking for a natural deodorant. and these do work really well for me. i do not sweat a lot normally. i don't have any odor problems with these, and they all smell really fresh.

a word of caution, don't get the travel size ones, i found they dried up really fast for some reason, but the big sizes don't. that's why i knocked off a lippie for the packaging.

on 6/11/2013 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This smelled really nice but it didn't last at all
If i didn't do anything all day, i wouldn't smell badly but let's be real, no one lives like that in reality. If i moved around or god forbid, sweat ! this would wear off as if i had not put on deodorant at all, like AT ALL; i would still smell sour if i were sweating with no deodorant on. it also left white marks and powder in my armpit hair (i'm male). i ended up returning it. I think i'll just buy the grapefruit fragrance instead.
If this does work for you, however, good news for you, Lavanila lowered the price of the full size from 18 to 14$

on 5/21/2013 9:53:00 PM

This is a natural deodorant - not an antiperspirant. It doesn't have any anti-bacterial ingredients, as far as I am aware, either. So you have to keep your expectations in check! It will not keep you from sweating, and it will not hold odours at bay for multiple days - that's what showers and facecloths are for!
That said, I really like this product. I like to layer it over crystal deodorant, and it feels soothing and has a nice scent. However, I do find it expensive, so I don't wear it every day.

on 3/21/2013 1:23:00 PM

First of all I am the pickiest person when it comes to deodorant. I've been on an endless deodorant hunt for what seems like years. However, this deodorant besides being quite expensive, is the first deodorant I hands down adore. I first bought this about two years ago and only recently purchased it again because I was hesitant of it's price. Last time I owned this deodorant it lasted a little longer than two months before I hit pan on this. The scent I purchased was the vanilla coconut scent and it's such a soothing scent it's a mix of baby powder, vanilla, and coconut. It's super long lasting and I love the stick applicator because spray irritates my skin and roll on seems very unhygienic to me. I give this a ten seriously holy grail deodorant!!! <3

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I live in the UK so I had a friend send it to me from the USA. I was excited to use it and it smelt lovely but thats about it. It leaves white marks all over my clothes. It has no deodrant properties and i was very dissapointed considering the price point.

I do not recommend.

on 3/18/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So I realized going in that this wouldn't be the greatest deodorant in the world, but I loved the smell and the fact that it came in a small version so it would be good for travel (my regular deodorant doesn't come in a travel size). Yeah, not so much. It would be OK the first day, then I'd start to stink, and it would just get worse the longer I used it. It was extra annoying that I was trying to use this on vacation, because my shirts were unwearable again without a good washing, even if I hadn't been wearing them very long. I also knocked down the packaging score because once it got toward the low end the product kept coming off the base and getting stuck in the cap.