April 24, 2014 | 1598 users online

Deodorants - Lavanila - The Healthy Deodorant

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by SoVeryChic1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this deodorant and have repurchased it many times. I had tried numerous different brands before this and none would keep the odor or perspiration at bay. Now that I've found this, I'll never look back.

I did take one star off because, like others have mentioned, I have also noticed that the body odor smell is much more potent than normal after this deodorant has worn off or in the morning before I shower.

My other complaint is the price. In my opinion, $18 for deodorant is ridiculous and basically price gouging. I guess we're the suckers who continue to pay it though :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by LizzyK

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Sadly although this deodorant works better than any other I've used I can't buy it anymore. After, a week or so my underarms starting getting red and raw. After a few days reverting to my old deodorant I was back to normal. I still use it, but I switch back and forth between this and my old brand. Which seems to work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always, as an adult, had problems finding a really great anti-perspirant/deodorant that really did the job, since I do sweat, and tend to stink if I'm not wearing a good deodorant! I have been using Mitchum which has been a life saver for me, since it works better than any other deodorant on the market, IMO. However, there is an exception, and wow- it's natural, too! I chose the Coconut Vanilla scent since it smells divine (mostly just really vanilla smelling) and I'll tell you what- I was impressed! It smells wonderful and it kept me covered almost just as good as Mitchum! I like to wear this when I want my deodorant to smell nicer than good 'ol Mitchum (no offense, my dear Mitchum)... It looks like it might last me a long time, too. I'd re-purchase of course, but will always have Mitchum in my "rotation" ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by PitbullLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always used drug store deodorant, and that didn't seem to helping me stay "fresh" smelling all day. I ended up buying this product, I love the smell of it (Vanilla Passion Fruit). The first week I loved it, I went all day/night without any issue. Than it started to work a little less, and now it's been about a month since I've been using it and it seems to only work for a few hours. It's wierd. I wanted to love this product but I guess I need to continue my search!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by katarczyna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bottom line: I stunk by the end of the day.

Do I really need to say more?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by kwallis88

Pretty expensive for a deodorant. That being said, I love it! Lasts all day, and I don't have to worry about the harmful ingredients that is on other deodorants. Love the Vanilla Grapefruit scent!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by kahealani63

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Like many women on here, I was ISO a natural deodorant that was aluminum free. I hate this stuff. Not only is it pricey ($18), but it left my underarms raw and red. I don't understand why it would do this, because it seems like it would work better than other deodorants that are natural. It smells good and the texture gives your underarms a cool smooth feeling. BUT it sucks. I'm disappointed because I really like the smell of it. I wouldn't recommend buying this for those who have sensitive skin. Something in this deodorant gives an allergic reaction. I tried this product for nearly a month thinking that maybe it would get better and my underarms weren't used to it, it just got worse. It actually started to hurt. So beware and think twice before being tempted to try this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is just awful. I put it on in the morning and by about 3pm, I smell worse than if I had put no deodorant on at all.

Obviously my chemistry reacts with this somehow, and since it was $$$ I'm disappointed.

Yuck. Don't risk it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by niczal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was, like most other reviewers, looking for an effective aluminum free deodorant. I chose the coconut vanilla flavor and it smelled lovely. I couldn't smell the coconut so much as a sweet, powdery vanilla. It really was nice. I used the product for three days and it seemed to be effective in keeping my dry and fresh smelling. However, by day 4, my underarms were a raw, red, rashy mess. I don't know what I was sensitive to, but man it hurt. It tooka couple of weeks (sticky, sweaty weeks because I was not able to use any deodorant) until the rash cleared up. Thank goodness for Sephoras excellent return policy. My search for a "healthy deodorant" continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by chrissie99

I'm admittedly a stinky sweat gal. I love this stuff! I was on a quest to go all natural in my body & beauty routine and did some research online regarding deodorants without aluminium and found lavanila.
I sent hubby out to sephora to grab a stick for me and asked him to pick the best scent. He chose vanilla grapefruit. It smells wonderful! I even purchased the rollerball, parfume and body butter in the same scent.
I am very happy with this product. It keeps me fairly dry and keeps me smelling fresh for the whole day even in the summer. My only issue is price $23 cdn and it lasted me 2 months and the remaining product is difficult to use and there is quite a bit left. This being a superior product, i did purchase it again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No