October 22, 2014 | 1840 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Amazing Base Loose Finishing Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by jparkerb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great if you're looking for very sheer coverage. But why would you wear foundation in the first place then?
I have discoloration and after applying with a concealer brush, I was still able to see red patches. It did not irritate my skin or cause cystic breakouts. I got Warm Silk and was pleased that it did not turn darker as my skin got oilier. However, I don't want to spend money and not get the results I'm looking for- medium to full coverage.
Note- this foundation transfers on clothes easily, and it does not travel well.

I did not like BE at all, so I'm still on the hunt for a mineral foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by barbaraahh

I have been using the Jane Iredale amazing base since the beginning of summer, and overall I am pretty pleased. I used bare minerals before this and I noticed that after a day of wearing and blotting the pigments would start to have an orangey tint to them and it would no longer match my skin.

Jane Iredale seems to have better pigments that not only match better but stay true to their appearance. The only problem that I have with this product versus Bare Minerals is that it seems to have more of a shimmer in it, which isn't the best for my oily skin. It is not too bad though, and after I used my toner and primer (Thayer's witch hazel and milk of magnesia, respectively), it stays on well and looks good.

I will probably test out a few more mineral powders after this one to see which I like best, but overall I do like this brand so far :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Latour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this today and so far so good. I've tried four other loose mineral foundation brands in the past, liked them, but they caused itiching for me. After some research, I found out that Bismuth is an ingredient that causes itching for many - especially me. Only a few brands do not contain this ingredient. That was one reason that brought me to Jane Iredale (the loose foundation does not contain Bismuth) and I love the look loose mineral foundation gives, which is slightly matte, with a soft glow. Coverage is medium and natural looking, even for me with slightly dry skin. I also bought the Balance hydating mist, but haven't tried that yet. I'm hoping that after a few days, I can write back with even more results. Today is just the start of something good for my face!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by DoxieLove25

I've been wearing this foundation for a couple years now and I am in love!! It's my first venture into the world of mineral makeup and I'm very happy with my choice. I'm fair and redheaded and I can wear this powder foundation like normal when I'm out in the sun and never get burnt. The spf is fantastic. I've learned that it only goes on beautifully if you have the right brushes to apply it. Different brushes apply it different ways. It gives just a touch of that "dewey" look which I think is very natural. I have repurchased and will continue to wear this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by foe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the mineral foundation I've been with for a couple of years now, more or less faithfully. I was briefly lured away by Helena Rubinstein's loose powder and tempted by Laura Mercier's mineral powder but I keep coming back to dear old Jane.

For oily-skinned girls like me, I have come to believe that mineral powder is a must and this one never, ever breaks me out unlike some of the liquid and pressed powder foundations I've used. It blends extraordinarily well with my "difficult" complexion (I'm pretty brown but surprisingly use Radiant) and it goes on light as a feather. I have one wrinkle on my forehead (and I'm trying to keep it that way!) and Amazing Base never settles into the crease the way that other powders do -- ahem, ahem Bare Escentuals, I am looking at you.

Yeah, when you pay full retail price, it's not the cheapest mineral foundation on the planet but I do think it's the best...at least for me. If you already have your HG foundation and it's cheaper than Amazing Base, obviously stick with that. But if you're on the prowl for a mineral foundation, I'd give this one a try.
EDIT 05/03/2011: I've since realized that the shade I was using, Radiant, is too orange-y for me. It was actually quite a shock, like I'd been living a lie all these years. I'm still having a hard time getting over it. :) But I continue to stand by this formula and the quality of the product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another mineral makeup. There is a wide color selection, I can say that. But I've never looked at a woman wearing this and thought, "Wow, she looks great!" And to get sunscreen coverage, you'll really have to lay it on. Which looks even worse. Just because it is sold in spas and doctor's offices doesn't make it a good product. (I'm saying this to myself as well as you, dear reader!)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by weefi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first tried Jane Iredale about two years ago, my beauty salon stocks this and they had recommend it to me as I was having laser treatment. I went for the pure pressed in warm sienna. I hated it, too matte and slightly too pale (NC25-30 for ref). I really wanted to love but couldn't. However after reading articles online about just what goes in to liquid foundations I decided to give Jane Iredale another go. This time i went for the amazing base loose and i love it. It definitely takes some getting used to as it is a completely different look to liquid foundations. At first I felt bare and unfinished but this foundation does take perseverance and you will get used to to the look. My skin looks fresh and breathable and the colours don't look orange. I then bought golden glow for when i wear fake tan and it is lovely as well. At first when you put it on it looks a little matte but after tens mins or so when it settles down it becomes sheers and luminous, almost creamy looking. I think the brushes are key as well. Initially i used the Jane Iredale handi brush but i then changed to the chisel brush and what a difference that made. My skin is quite clear so i wouldn't be sure how this would work with breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Harrie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great loose mineral foundation. I find it very easy to build up to a good coverage where necessary while still having natural looking skin. Good colour range and the shades are very forgiving. Thank goodness they've removed the Bismuth stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by anormansyah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looove this powder so much, I started buying some of Jane's products, from eyeliner, magic mitt, highlighter pencil...etc

I have an acne prone skin, suffered since I was a teenager until now, even after Roaccutane my acne went back with a vengeance.

Since I start to eat healthily, my skin calmed down, and I bought this product after reading the reviews. It dries up my spots and I can build up the coverage if I need to. I also bought Disappear from Jane's and it really does help with matifying the skin.
Overall it is a brilliant powder, and it also helped my confidence since my acne cleared up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by juinfille

This is the BEST mineral make-up I've ever seen. It's the the best foundation I've ever used! Goes on flawlessly and stays on (using Balance Hydrating Spray or D20 to set it). The Natural shade is a perfect match. LOVE JI. !!